Draft 2024 NHL Draft Prospects & Undrafted Free Agents

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
As someone who doesn’t follow any prospects, I’m looking at mock drafts and none of these guys pass the name test. I don’t see many NHLers here, the names aren’t rolling off the tongue.
Where’s Gurndeep Strouwmboulopoulos from Estonia when you need him?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Thoughts on Freij or Pukkinen?

I know it’s BPA at our pick but top4 LHD is a massive hole long term

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
That's one thing that's convenient about following Russian prospects, they make it real easy if you're interested enough. All the MHL and VHL games are streamed straight to YouTube, and even if you miss a live game you can just go to the Live tab and watch all the past uploads. There's a few high flying Russians this year, Demidov, Silayev, Artamonov, etc... but there's plenty of interesting ones that arent really receiving much attention. I had an absurdly long post written up about them but said f*** it 🤣... theres a lot of them. As always, I expect that region to go a bit underscouted

Reactions: noncents

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
ESPN+ prospect ranking
only posting the top 30, no commentary
1. Celebrini11. Catton21. Chernyshov
2. Demidov12. Helenius22. Parascak
3. Levshunov13. Yakemchuk23. Artamonov
4. Lindstrom14. Sennecke24. Hemming
5. Parekh15. Hage25. Boisvert
6. Silayev16. Jiricek26. Luchanko
7. Buium17. Greentree27. Kiviharju
8. Iginla18. Ritchie28. Emery
9. Dickinson19. Connelly29. Basha
10. Eiserman20. Brandsegg-Nygard30. Marques

Curious if there is a player in the mid-to-late 1st round you'd trade up to grab a la K'Andre Miller?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
ESPN+ prospect ranking

Curious if there is a player in the mid-to-late 1st round you'd trade up to grab a la K'Andre Miller?
Not from these group

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
ESPN+ prospect ranking

Sennecke is mid-ish in that ranking so yeah, him.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
As someone who doesn’t follow any prospects, I’m looking at mock drafts and none of these guys pass the name test. I don’t see many NHLers here, the names aren’t rolling off the tongue.

I was kinda obsessed with prospects these past years. Not this season.

But just a quick look. I found a name you might like?

Terik Parascak - RW, late 1st rd. 105 pts in 68 games, WHL.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
ESPN+ prospect ranking

We don't have the draft capital to trade up.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
What would we need to add to our first to get either Utah’s or Nashville’s 3 seconds.
At best, our pick will be 30th.

The trade function in that sim isn't 100% accurate to the actual value of each pick, but it's a decent way to gauge the relative value.

The 30th overall pick has a value of 3700. Utah has picks, 38, 49 and 63, for a total value of 4975. All of our other picks aren't enough to make up that difference.

Nashville has picks 53, 55 and 60. The total value is 3900. So, in theory, we could trade the 30th pick along with the 129th overall pick for those 3 picks. I don't know that Nashville would actually do that, but value-wise it's probably close.

Of course, if we beat Florida, then the value of our pick drops. Pick 31 has a value of 3400 and pick 32 has a value of 3200, so that trade would probably not be possible with Nashville.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
At best, our pick will be 30th.

The trade function in that sim isn't 100% accurate to the actual value of each pick, but it's a decent way to gauge the relative value.

The 30th overall pick has a value of 3700. Utah has picks, 38, 49 and 63, for a total value of 4975. All of our other picks aren't enough to make up that difference.

Nashville has picks 53, 55 and 60. The total value is 3900. So, in theory, we could trade the 30th pick along with the 129th overall pick for those 3 picks. I don't know that Nashville would actually do that, but value-wise it's probably close.

Of course, if we beat Florida, then the value of our pick drops. Pick 31 has a value of 3400 and pick 32 has a value of 3200, so that trade would probably not be possible with Nashville.
30 for 38, 71 and 167 kind of works

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Had a giant post about some of the unheralded Russians this year but I think I'll just break it into smaller ones and post a few here and there until draft day.

Considering close to half of Drury's picks has been overagers I'll mention a talented trio on Dynamo St. Petersburg in the VHL. Makar Khanin, Magomed Sharakanov and Sergei Artemyev. They all went undrafted last year in their first year of eligibility.

Khanin (Right-handed LW) played most of this season in the 2nd pro tier Russian league, finishing with an impressive 27 points in 35 games at just 18 years old. He turned 19 right after the season eneded. Missed about a month at the end of year I believe due to illness. Came back to play a little bit in the playoffs but clearly wasnt 100%. Still, finished as the top scorer for all u20 players in the VHL. Offense is his bread and butter. Highly skilled, but still fairly engaged defensively as well. He has the rare ability to create plays out of nothing. Guilty of trying to do too much at times, but I have no issue with it... he's a teenager playing against professional adults already, he has time to clean that up.

Sharakanov (LHD) maybe I hadn't seen enough of him last year. The numbers were great but he was a bit all over the place. His game seriously matured this year though. The 19 year old finished with 19 points in 45 games in the VHL. 10 of those points came in the last 10 games of the season. As the season progressed they used him more and more. Good frame, 6'1 / 200 LBs. Uses his size well. Defensively he's physical, uses his reach. Skating is a plus. Loves to jump into the offense. He's much smarter with his pinches this year. Nifty hands makes him a good puck carrier, solid passer. He took a big step this year. I'm really expecting to see him in the KHL next season. Similar to Khanin, he can get himself in trouble trying to do too much... again, plenty of time though.

Artemyev is a late August birthday, so he's very young for his class. Still just 18. Responsible playmaking center, I might have him a tad behind the above two but he's got plenty of talent. He's spent the majority of the season in the VHL but also played a handful of games in the MHL as well. I've seen both, he's definitely shown glimpses at the pro level and impressed against his own age group.

I think any time you have players at this age who can contribute professionally against adults they're worth keeping an eye on. With what's going on over there I think that region is going to be even more underscouted/undervalued... lots of opportunity.

You look at where a number of Russian NHLers were at this age and try to draw some loose comparisons to get an idea...

Kuzmenko at 19/20 years old, his stat line across 3 leagues that year... KHL 15 games 3 points, VHL 17 games 6 points, MHL 5 games 4 points.
Barabanov at 20 years old, KHL 15 games 6 points, VHL 13 games 3 points, MHL 21 games 31 points.
Forget the superstar Russians... guys like Marchenko, Mikheyev, etc... a lot of these players at 18,19,+20 years old are still splitting time between the MHL/VHL/KHL. Yet these guys keep slipping through the cracks every year. So just to circle back on the 3 Dynamo guys... players at this age who can contribute in the VHL generally go on to contribute well in the KHL... and a portion of the players that can contribute well in the KHL can contribute in the ____.

Reactions: ecemleafs

BS45

Aug 20, 2022
where ever its 5pm
I like three players that are in the 20-50 range on most lists-
Jett Luchanko- 5'11- 180lbs- Hockey Prospects radio said he is a faster Vinny Trochek
Ygor Surin- is a Rat with skill, & speed- 6'1 1/2- 192lbs
Dean Letourneau- size and speed 6'6- 210

Reactions: surlysailor

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Had a giant post about some of the unheralded Russians this year but I think I'll just break it into smaller ones and post a few here and there until draft day.

Considering close to half of Drury's picks has been overagers I'll mention a talented trio on Dynamo St. Petersburg in the VHL. Makar Khanin, Magomed Sharakanov and Sergei Artemyev. They all went undrafted last year in their first year of eligibility.

Khanin (Right-handed LW) played most of this season in the 2nd pro tier Russian league, finishing with an impressive 27 points in 35 games at just 18 years old. He turned 19 right after the season eneded. Missed about a month at the end of year I believe due to illness. Came back to play a little bit in the playoffs but clearly wasnt 100%. Still, finished as the top scorer for all u20 players in the VHL. Offense is his bread and butter. Highly skilled, but still fairly engaged defensively as well. He has the rare ability to create plays out of nothing. Guilty of trying to do too much at times, but I have no issue with it... he's a teenager playing against professional adults already, he has time to clean that up.

Sharakanov (LHD) maybe I hadn't seen enough of him last year. The numbers were great but he was a bit all over the place. His game seriously matured this year though. The 19 year old finished with 19 points in 45 games in the VHL. 10 of those points came in the last 10 games of the season. As the season progressed they used him more and more. Good frame, 6'1 / 200 LBs. Uses his size well. Defensively he's physical, uses his reach. Skating is a plus. Loves to jump into the offense. He's much smarter with his pinches this year. Nifty hands makes him a good puck carrier, solid passer. He took a big step this year. I'm really expecting to see him in the KHL next season. Similar to Khanin, he can get himself in trouble trying to do too much... again, plenty of time though.

Artemyev is a late August birthday, so he's very young for his class. Still just 18. Responsible playmaking center, I might have him a tad behind the above two but he's got plenty of talent. He's spent the majority of the season in the VHL but also played a handful of games in the MHL as well. I've seen both, he's definitely shown glimpses at the pro level and impressed against his own age group.

I think any time you have players at this age who can contribute professionally against adults they're worth keeping an eye on. With what's going on over there I think that region is going to be even more underscouted/undervalued... lots of opportunity.

You look at where a number of Russian NHLers were at this age and try to draw some loose comparisons to get an idea...

Kuzmenko at 19/20 years old, his stat line across 3 leagues that year... KHL 15 games 3 points, VHL 17 games 6 points, MHL 5 games 4 points.
Barabanov at 20 years old, KHL 15 games 6 points, VHL 13 games 3 points, MHL 21 games 31 points.
Forget the superstar Russians... guys like Marchenko, Mikheyev, etc... a lot of these players at 18,19,+20 years old are still splitting time between the MHL/VHL/KHL. Yet these guys keep slipping through the cracks every year. So just to circle back on the 3 Dynamo guys... players at this age who can contribute in the VHL generally go on to contribute well in the KHL... and a portion of the players that can contribute well in the KHL can contribute in the ____.
Any thoughts on Fyodor Avramov (not in 1st)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad