GDT: Game 26: Columbus at Montreal | 12/1 7:30PM EST

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
There are always going to be non-calls throughout a game. But for a penalty to be called within the last 2:30-3:00 of a game, don't you think that's a bit ridiculous to have the game finish with a man advantage... even if the call is a 50-50 split on embellishment or not?

Subban is smart to go down as soon as he felt the slightest tug on his jersey or hand around him. Because he's going to get the benefit of the doubt. That results in blaming Hartnell. What is the other way around it?

There is a good chance that I would need to use two hands to count the number of times the CBJ have managed to get a penalty called on them with less than 5 minutes to go in the third. My thoughts when the call was made last night were "That was stupid, Hartnell." and "Gee, what a surprise, they did it again."

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
Same. Went down to 6 games this year in the upper bowl after having a lower bowl quarter plan the last couple. I'll probably stay up there if I renew. I'll never stop caring about the team (like I have with the Browns), but it pains me to say they're just not a good investment. Mostly referring to resale value in the scenario of not being able to make games when the team is bad. (Not even counting the cost of gas and time off work included in my case.)

Especially since there will be playoff hockey a lot closer/cheaper to me. :laugh:

Seriously the only thing keeping me from hockey depression right now if the Monsters/Jackets affiliation.

The worst part about being a Cleveland area season ticket holder is the 2 hour drive home to think about the loss, and if it really makes sense to do it all again for your next set of tickets in your plan. It got to the point my last year I was a STH that I started giving my tickets away to guys on my beer league team who were Wings, Hawks, or Penguins fans, so that they could see their favorite team, and take their kids to the game. My thinking was that at least they would enjoy the ride home. Ironically, the Jackets won almost all of the games where I gave away my tickets. Even more ironically, most of their kids already were Jackets fans, and the game helped solidify that.

If I see one more person call that Hartnell-Subban penalty a "dive" I will set them on fire.
My furnace is acting up, and it is cold in here, so for the sake of warmth, it was a dive.

It should have been a penalty though...

...an embellishment penalty

Just kidding

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
My furnace is acting up, and it is cold in here, so for the sake of warmth, it was a dive.

It should have been a penalty though...

...an embellishment penalty

Just kidding

No, see, if you try to do it deliberately, then I come up with something else. ;)

Build a man a fire, he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire, he's warm for the rest of his life.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
The last 3 games have been 1-1 in the 3rd and they are 1-2 in those games.

10-9 under Torts. Playing about .500 hockey is going to get them nowhere. Still last place in the East with the most games played.

Did we think that there would be some sudden turn around and a huge winning streak considering how bad they were playing?

There is just too much in this thread that is giving me a bit of a headache.

It going to take some time to get this team to start playing well again. It wasn't going to happen in a month. I'm happy with the progress. I also didn't have some ill conceived notion that the Jackets were going to make a push for the playoffs either. I'm not going to expect another miracle finish like we've done in past.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Did we think that there would be some sudden turn around and a huge winning streak considering how bad they were playing?

There is just too much in this thread that is giving me a bit of a headache.

It going to take some time to get this team to start playing well again. It wasn't going to happen in a month. I'm happy with the progress. I also didn't have some ill conceived notion that the Jackets were going to make a push for the playoffs either. I'm not going to expect another miracle finish like we've done in past.

Um, you do realize a fan of another team asked how the team was doing? I wasn't just spouting off random facts for fun. I was replying to the guy (or gal) asking about the Jackets. Lighten up.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
You guys lost the game, but you guys have successfully destroyed the Canadiens' ambitions at a Cup this year once again. Reason: Desharnais and Pacioretty are together again, and is a proven playoff failure. I might add that this is the second time the Blue Jackets did that. 2 years ago, another Columbus loss was the beginning of a similar Desharnais breakout. I say that is a fine job of Hab killing.

This is in all seriousness too.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
You guys lost the game, but you guys have successfully destroyed the Canadiens' ambitions at a Cup this year once again. Reason: Desharnais and Pacioretty are together again, and is a proven playoff failure. I might add that this is the second time the Blue Jackets did that. 2 years ago, another Columbus loss was the beginning of a similar Desharnais breakout. I say that is a fine job of Hab killing.

Well come Springtime watch out for the "anyone but Pittsburgh or Boston bandwagon playoff push", so expect a lot of CBJ fans to try and rally against the Patches and Desharnais curse.
Because we will be out.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015

This franchise is great at ruining things.

Only the good things

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad