GDT: Game 26: Columbus at Montreal | 12/1 7:30PM EST

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
So fans should do what?

Fans like myself, who purchased a seat license before the first season and have renewed season tickets every year since will continue to do the same most likely. However, fans who may have purchased a ticket plan this season or last based upon expectations of an upward-trending franchise may decide there are better things to do with their money. The casual fans will continue to stay away for the most part.

At some point, the Jackets need to make a run in the playoffs and draw better crowds. Quite frankly, it shows what great fans reside in Columbus in that the Jackets still average over 14,000 a game despite the mediocrity. However, the Jackets have said they need to average at least 16,000 to break even. I want to see the franchise make it here, and so far, they've done a pretty poor job (on the ice) of making themselves must-see entertainment. The Jackets have done a wonderful job off the ice.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Fans like myself, who purchased a seat license before the first season and have renewed season tickets every year since will continue to do the same most likely. However, fans who may have purchased a ticket plan this season or last based upon expectations of an upward-trending franchise may decide there are better things to do with their money. The casual fans will continue to stay away for the most part.

At some point, the Jackets need to make a run in the playoffs and draw better crowds. Quite frankly, it shows what great fans reside in Columbus in that the Jackets still average over 14,000 a game despite the mediocrity. However, the Jackets have said they need to average at least 16,000 to break even. I want to see the franchise make it here, and so far, they've done a pretty poor job (on the ice) of making themselves must-see entertainment. The Jackets have done a wonderful job off the ice.

Gotcha. I wasn't sure where you were going with that post.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
the gf and I keep moving our packages to a lower pricepoint...started lower bowl, we're in the cheapest flex plan there is currently...product gets less enjoyable...

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I was watching the game last night and the Blue Jackets got absolutely screwed, but this is a typical officiating night in Montreal. I hate the Habs and see this on a consistent basis. No way that Hartnell call was a penalty. Subban dove for sure.

The Blue Jackets have a ton of talent. I'm not sure what's missing on your team. I actually like them and want them to do well.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If I see one more person call that Hartnell-Subban penalty a "dive" I will set them on fire. I am sick and tired of these persecution complexes. Was it slightly embellished? Probably. Was there still a deserved penalty? YES THERE WAS STILL A DESERVED PENALTY.

You don't have to blame Subban. You don't have to blame Hartnell. This sort of thing happens. Stop trying to Find And Condemn The Bad Guy. All that's doing is making us look like entitled brats.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
This ones definitely on Hartnetll, it was close enough to be called and he'd be the one on his own doing sprints in the next practice if I was Torts.

Hartnell will probably show up early and plan on staying late. Stupid penalty, and he knows it. Looking for a gwg from #43 Friday Night.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
If I see one more person call that Hartnell-Subban penalty a "dive" I will set them on fire. I am sick and tired of these persecution complexes. Was it slightly embellished? Probably. Was there still a deserved penalty? YES THERE WAS STILL A DESERVED PENALTY.

You don't have to blame Subban. You don't have to blame Hartnell. This sort of thing happens. Stop trying to Find And Condemn The Bad Guy. All that's doing is making us look like entitled brats.

There are always going to be non-calls throughout a game. But for a penalty to be called within the last 2:30-3:00 of a game, don't you think that's a bit ridiculous to have the game finish with a man advantage... even if the call is a 50-50 split on embellishment or not?

Subban is smart to go down as soon as he felt the slightest tug on his jersey or hand around him. Because he's going to get the benefit of the doubt. That results in blaming Hartnell. What is the other way around it?

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
In the last 10 games, the Jackets are 6-4-0.

Something to build on there? Or still not enough there?

The last 3 games have been 1-1 in the 3rd and they are 1-2 in those games.

10-9 under Torts. Playing about .500 hockey is going to get them nowhere. Still last place in the East with the most games played.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

With all due respect, that pretty much describes our casual fan base. Keep in mind that a lot of our season ticket holders are old season ticket holders with flex plans. That 14k is made up of a ton of flex plan holders (not even quarter season).

The mediocrity stuff is overplayed. The front office has clearly been trying. To get all pissy and whiny because the season started out like crap doesn't do anything useful. We added a great player in Saad. We tried to add a D.

I said Richards needed to go at some point, the front office finely had to make a move. The team structure is improving dramatically under Torts so far. I'm happy with where we are compared to a month ago. Am I happy with the season thus far? Hell no. But I'm not going to let it affect me in a negative fashion. The treat of cutting back on money spent is an illusion of any type of real control. If it works it doesn't help the franchise, it will only hurt it. If you're a STH share your feelings with the team during the Q&A's with the front office (with anyone else is pretty much meaningless). It likely won't have any impact, but it might make you feel better for a day or two.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
To me Torts has done a good job organizing the defense and Bob is certainly back to playing with confidence. But it is the offense that is seriously lacking. We seem to have a hard time even setting up in the opponents zone.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
To me Torts has done a good job organizing the defense and Bob is certainly back to playing with confidence. But it is the offense that is seriously lacking. We seem to have a hard time even setting up in the opponents zone.

I agree in principle, but the forecheck was fine last night. Progress is being made. We have been getting a lot more offensive zone time, it's just not translating yet. Jenner and Hartnell seem to the best we have of doing something with the forecheck. Our goal last night was from a good forecheck. Our serious lack of production, recently, as been the demise of our PP.

Getting much off the forecheck has been a chore for this team even when were scoring. It seemed like we just wore teams down and then started beating them in transition or our defense started forcing turnovers and we're get something in transition.

I like what I'm hearing about what they are doing in practice. It will take some time to see the results.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015

If neither is at fault, couldn't we say it's no-fault and have them go their separate ways? I see it happen in traffic collisions all the time

:sarcasm:

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Doesn't matter unless they go on (at least) a 5 game win streak. If that happens we can talk.

Yup. Need a streak like last year. They played with a certain...panache last year.

I think it's because of all the injuries everyone was stepping up. The team is, for the most part, healthy this year.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

Heyyyy we actually agree on something! Embellished slighty yes - considering how hard he is to get off the puck he sure fell down easily there. However, Hartnell shouldn't have put himself in that situation and the call was warranted.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
the gf and I keep moving our packages to a lower pricepoint...started lower bowl, we're in the cheapest flex plan there is currently...product gets less enjoyable...

Same. Went down to 6 games this year in the upper bowl after having a lower bowl quarter plan the last couple. I'll probably stay up there if I renew. I'll never stop caring about the team (like I have with the Browns), but it pains me to say they're just not a good investment. Mostly referring to resale value in the scenario of not being able to make games when the team is bad. (Not even counting the cost of gas and time off work included in my case.)

Especially since there will be playoff hockey a lot closer/cheaper to me. :laugh:

Seriously the only thing keeping me from hockey depression right now if the Monsters/Jackets affiliation.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If neither is at fault, couldn't we say it's no-fault and have them go their separate ways? I see it happen in traffic collisions all the time

:sarcasm:

trouble.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad