Condon
Tokarski

Inactive
Carr, Emelin

Injured
Bournival, Gallagher, Mitchell, Price, Semin​

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Would prefer Karlsson up a line. Wennberg at 36.6% should not be taking faceoffs. Stick up on that 2nd line LW spot and put Matty on the 4th line so Campbell can take FOs.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
at least Wennberg isn't on the 4th line
But, but Karlsson is above him on the depth chart! :sarcasm:
Yeah but Saad is on the third line! Talk about your demotions.

Eh, I'd like to imagine (although ik it's not for this reason) that he's trying to reignite the Hartnell-Wennberg-Dano magic, although Dano is no Saad.

If that line can roll like HWD did it could relieve a lot of pressure from the top 6. And that bottom line looks like it would annoy the **** out of just about any team in the league.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I did it sarcastically to point out that Wennberg's placement is more than just "not on the fourth line".

:laugh: gotcha. Like I've been saying, neither is ahead of the other at this point. Karlsson's got 2 years on Wennberg, but he's also got more fire and grit. Something Wennberg may never develop. I think Karlsson is, at his full potential, a strong two way, physical, 40-50pt player, basically a swedish Dubinsky. Where as Wennberg is gonna rely more on his IQ, hands and speed to make things happen offensively and defensively. Kinda of like Joey, you won't see him go balls to the wall but he will be making incredible plays off of his hands and IQ. There was a play early in the game last game where he got the puck and stick handled the **** outta it around a defender, but eventually lost it. And then there was the pass to his skates which he kicked to his stick like it was nothing.

I REALLY want to see him work on his shot. He has no oomph or confidence in it.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
I like our chances. Condon has been spotty at best. Gallagher being out also should help our chances. Bob needs a strong game but I see us getting 2pts.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
:laugh: gotcha. Like I've been saying, neither is ahead of the other at this point. Karlsson's got 2 years on Wennberg, but he's also got more fire and grit. Something Wennberg may never develop. I think Karlsson is, at his full potential, a strong two way, physical, 40-50pt player, basically a swedish Dubinsky. Where as Wennberg is gonna rely more on his IQ, hands and speed to make things happen offensively and defensively. Kinda of like Joey, you won't see him go balls to the wall but he will be making incredible plays off of his hands and IQ. There was a play early in the game last game where he got the puck and stick handled the **** outta it around a defender, but eventually lost it. And then there was the pass to his skates which he kicked to his stick like it was nothing.

I REALLY want to see him work on his shot. He has no oomph or confidence in it.

Getting a 40-50 pt. Swedish Dubinsky from Karlsson is optimistic. He's already 22 and not particularly strong and has yet to break out as a scorer. Dubinsky was already scoring 40 pts at that age.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I continue to question whether Wennie the Pooh will ever really develop into a solid NHL player. No fire in him at all and North American hockey is not an intellectual game.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
No fire in him at all and North American hockey is not an intellectual game.

Four passes break any defence.

When ball games evolve into their latest and greatest statistical analysis phase it is usually good for those who position themselves to prevent and control the flow of the game. The game is sacred and all are one but not the same like Bono says. Worship the true.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Hopefully Wennberg playmaking can get Saad lose up front. Saad usually plays better when not on top line.. Better matchups. Team tonight looks good on paper, we will see on ice if it's as good as it should be.

5 games from 500

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Four passes break any defence.

When ball games evolve into their latest and greatest statistical analysis phase it is usually good for those who position themselves to prevent and control the flow of the game. The game is sacred and all are one but not the same like Bono says. Worship the true.
I love reading your posts. Sometimes it makes me feel like I'm in National Treasure trying to decode a riddle! :laugh:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I continue to question whether Wennie the Pooh will ever really develop into a solid NHL player. No fire in him at all and North American hockey is not an intellectual game.

This is remarkably short-sighted and over-simplified. And I'm not even a Wennberg guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad