GDT: Game 26: Columbus at Montreal | 12/1 7:30PM EST

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
3 straight games with 1 G in regulation. Tough to win games that way.

Very frustrating team to root for. Like others have said above- we score our D sucks; D plays well we can't buy a goal. Our PK improves to phenomenal levels and our pp goes to hell. There are signs of the ship righting but probably just as many as it sinking.

We could certainly use those 10 goals Anismov has put up so far this season :)

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Yes, nothing has changed during our existence in the league. :shakehead

This team is headed nowhere. It doesn't matter what changes are made behind the bench, in the front office, the players.........it's a loser franchise. Hopefully we don't end up like Atlanta, who had a similar history of suck.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Well I'm going to leave this exercise in hyperbole, anger, and self pitying.

The Jackets actually played a very good game. That is a very good team and we played them well. We missed a couple of prime scoring chances and we paid for it.

Next game.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Dive or not, it was a bad "play" by 43. Never should have left it up to the official. It was unnecessary and stupid.

Good point. I didn't think it was a dive and it was so out in the open it almost had to be called. Hartnell not doing what Torts has been preaching- he didn't manage the situation. Tied game, 2 minutes or so left, just make the safe play.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Well I'm going to leave this exercise in hyperbole, anger, and self pitying.

The Jackets actually played a very good game. That is a very good team and we played them well. We missed a couple of prime scoring chances and we paid for it.

Next game.

Agreed we played well. Can't beat a team like Montreal when the stripes are out to get you after their own bad call for a major.

I'm done talking playoffs though. It's too much of an uphill climb right now. Is it impossible? No, but until they win 5-6 in a row I'm going to stop looking.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Saad had one opportunity he could had buried tonight

He had chance he totally choked on

PK totally dove yes, He's being doing it for years......but we had our chances

Bob played well enough....tough loss......but it's over now

No whining allowed

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Columbus has to quit putting itself in a position that is tenuous. They need to be more successful at the little things like passing and FO's. I think 3 games of subpar offensive performances should lead to some benching.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Also Montreal is two different teams with Gallagher and Price playing vs not. They were missing two of their best players.

Gallagher isn't that special and we would have played Condon anyway because of our record in all likelihood.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
they played a great game

hartnell should know better and i bet he'll say as much postgame

Last edited by a moderator:

KlichkoBro*

f Saad buried one of his chances and the zebras didn't call Hartnell for Subban's dive the people who speak of the franchise mediocrity would have been praising the winners now.

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
Hartnell call was fine. The dudes a hot head he did slew foot him

Torts is probably wondering how one team can be so fragile and dumb at the same time.

That was definitely a penalty as well. I wonder what the hell hartnell was trying to accomplish there. He wasn't going to steal the puck without fouling him

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
f Saad buried one of his chances and the zebras didn't call Hartnell for Subban's dive the people who speak of the franchise mediocrity would have been praising the winners now.

If a hockey game occurred in a vacuum, yes. Lots of things would have changed. Lots of things

If PK Subban flapped his skates, would that cause a Browns win?

butterfly_effect_1.jpg

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
Torts is probably wondering how one team can be so fragile and dumb at the same time.

That was definitely a penalty as well. I wonder what the hell hartnell was trying to accomplish there. He wasn't going to steal the puck without fouling him

It looked to me that he actually lost his balance rather than actually trying to foul him.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Also Montreal is two different teams with Gallagher and Price playing vs not. They were missing two of their best players.

Goal tending sure looked fine for them. 8-2-3 with under a 2.2 GAA? I'll just pretend you didn't post this.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Goal tending sure looked fine for them. 8-2-3 with under a 2.2 GAA? I'll just pretend you didn't post this.
I take it you may not have seen the 3 times Condon went to play the puck behind the net and turned it over, only to be bailed out by an impotent Columbus offense?

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

And I'll just pretend that you don't know who won the Hart, Jennings, Lindsay and Vezina Trophies last season.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Montreal only had an extra 1:25 on the PP because the 1 call in the 5-1 equation was a debatable 5 minute major.

Yeah it was a bad major, I said that when it happened. Should have been 2 minutes, I said it when it happened.

You had 5 power plays, we had 1 (or if you want to be technical, 2 and a half. All on the same play.) I hardly think that's fair, regardless if it only totals to be 1:25 more.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Whether or not Subban dove or not, it gave the appearance of a slew foot and there was nothing to gain in Hartnell trying to gain body position like that in that area of the rink. It's a dumb play giving the ref a chance to call that.

Silver lining: CBJ played a good team well on the road and Foligno looked more like himself.

Galchenioretty

Galchenyuk 1 G in last 18 playoff Gs
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
Yeah it was a bad major, I said that when it happened. Should have been 2 minutes, I said it when it happened.

You had 5 power plays, we had 1 (or if you want to be technical, 2 and a half. All on the same play.) I hardly think that's fair, regardless if it only totals to be 1:25 more.

Yeah, I didn't mean to even argue the reffing was fair or Columbus didn't necessarily deserve more PP time. Just that it wasn't a normal 5-1 PP differential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad