GDT: Game 26 - CBJ @ NYI - 30 Nov, 7pm

ScreamingWild

Jobu Mojo
Oct 4, 2006
Ontario
I'm beginning to agree with Torts and his frustration with Milano. I'm surprised that he's not been a healthy scratch more often but I'm not sure there are better options to replace him. I'm not seeing him do anything to justify the ride he's getting with the team.

Reactions: LoveCBJ

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I'm beginning to agree with Torts and his frustration with Milano. I'm surprised that he's not been a healthy scratch more often but I'm not sure there are better options to replace him. I'm not seeing him do anything to justify the ride he's getting with the team.
You mean aside from setting up PLD for a glorious chance, and then later stealing the puck and ringing it off the crossbar ? Those were probably the only 2 legit chances we had, and Milano created both . Maybe we’re watching a different game

Reactions: MoeBartoli

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I agree with this except to add that he's contributing more offensively than Anderson and (lately) Texier.

ScreamingWild

Jobu Mojo
Oct 4, 2006
Ontario
You mean aside from setting up PLD for a glorious chance, and then later stealing the puck and ringing it off the crossbar ? Those were probably the only 2 legit chances we had, and Milano created both . Maybe we’re watching a different game
You're looking at this game and I'm looking at the big picture and his overall performance. Not necessary for you to agree with me. He could get a hat trick tonight and it wouldn't change my opinion of his contribution to the team.to this point in the season. Fair to say that pretty much all of the forwards are struggling. I stand by my observation. For the longest time I felt that Torts was smothering Milano's ability by trying to make him play a certain style. Now I believe Tortorella is correct.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
You're looking at this game and I'm looking at the big picture and his overall performance. Not necessary for you to agree with me. He could get a hat trick tonight and it wouldn't change my opinion of his contribution to the team.to this point in the season. Fair to say that pretty much all of the forwards are struggling. I stand by my observation. For the longest time I felt that Torts was smothering Milano's ability by trying to make him play a certain style. Now I believe Tortorella is correct.
Milano can do some amazing things, and then do some mind-numbingly stupid things, but for the most part he is average.

Reactions: thebus88

ScreamingWild

Jobu Mojo
Oct 4, 2006
Ontario
Milano can do some amazing things, and then do some mind-numbingly stupid things, but for the most part he is average.
I'm considering that we've all seen players struggle on our team but know that if they move on to another team they're going to excel. I don't get that feeling with Milano anymore. I believe we've seen him at his highest level. [The absolute abysmal play of Atkinson and Anderson defies explanation but we know they CAN play much, much better.]

Reactions: Monstershockey

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Good to see Texier. Feels like I haven’t seen him since the Tampa series

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad