GDT: Game 26 - CBJ @ NYI - 30 Nov, 7pm

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Lets make some more lame excuses :laugh: did you saw a replay? He was close to at least make a last resort penalty by slashing, tripping but instead glided along Barzal, so what was the point to go back D at the first place if you don't make an effort? Great team play :laugh:
Candidly, I thought the same thing you did about Bjorkstrand until I went to NHL.com and watched the replay 3 times where I could slow it down.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I was hoping tonight would be a win for Elvis but it appears that is not likely to happen. Might as well just ride Korpisalo until he has an extended losing streak.

Did I say anywhere that it is his fault?? Go ahead, quote that portion of my post, I'll wait. My comment is in reference to the momentum of the team and my ASSUMPTION that, at this point, the team might have less confidence in Elvis than Korpisalo based upon results to date.

Fair enough if I misunderstood but the play tonight doesn't seem to have anything to do with confidence in Elvis. If they lacked confidence in him they should be playing better team defense. They clearly are not.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Fair enough if I misunderstood but the play tonight doesn't seem to have anything to do with confidence in Elvis. If they lacked confidence in him they should be playing better team defense. They clearly are not.
Or they'd play better offense since they figured they'd need the goals. Right now, we're being outplayed in every facet of the game.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Credit to the isles for finding ways to win. But Jesus they make games incredibly boring to watch.

we have our hand in it too, but almost every islanders game I watch is like this. Zzzzzz

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
aside from werenski and nash,
cam has the lowest ice time of all Jackets.

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
I would call this the easiest W in the history of hockey. 1 PP in 60 minutes says it all and those 39 shots on goal made look those Isles G's an instant Vezina winners. Did Tortorella even shoved up for the game?

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Just not a very good team. Sure, we’ll have rando wins from time to time like against PIT but the overall ceiling of this squad is rather low

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Sure. I think we could have survived without Bobrovsky but I don't think Jarmo and everyone else is willing to understand how much Panarin meant to this team. There just isn't any offensive playmaking here. Nyquist is a nice addition but they need to do something before his level of suck drops to the rest of those who have been here. I saw on twitter that we had 2 scouts in Buffalo and Buffalo had scouts in Nationwide last night and Cleveland tonight (they were playing Rochester FWIW) so hopefully something can be done to turn things around. Werenski being out for a while will make things worse.

AndrewGaze

Apr 5, 2013
Didn't get to see most of the game. Elvis' stats seem alright, but did he look more confident and collected in the net tonight? From reading this thread, sounds like there weren't necessarily any goals he should be blamed for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->