Pre-Game Talk: GAME #26: Canucks vs. Predators

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoss

May 25, 2011
Play Ballard. Just play Ballard. Please just ****ing play Ballard. Why won't he play Ballard? Barker or Alberts, pick one. You only get one of those guys, two is one two many, assuming Bieksa is still out.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I think Gillis made this team into one that could compete in the Northwest division..come this off season, I believe his plan will have to be to make this team into a Pacific division team..what all that will entail I'm not sure.

61baf60ce0970109f129c795290e8e27.jpeg

clo

pls

pls clo

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Play Ballard. Just play Ballard. Please just ****ing play Ballard. Why won't he play Ballard? Barker or Alberts, pick one. You only get one of those guys, two is one two many, assuming Bieksa is still out.

Scratch Alberts. In fact, I'd waive him - I can't imagine we don't have one single guy in Chicago that could play at least as well as he has (read: freaking awful).

Barker has at least looked like a 7th/8th defender. Which is to say, he scares the hell out of me, but he hasn't screwed up nearly as much as Alberts. At almost half the cap hit, too.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
So 1-0 Canucks again? I hope it's the one "out of left field" 5-4 wins we seem to have against the Preds once a year.

Canuckulhead

Feb 16, 2012
I am excited for this game for 2 reasons;

1) First Canucks game ill be attending since game 5 of the LA series last year

and;

2) My buddy Victor Bartley of the Predators got called up from Milwaukee 3 games ago and has looked great. Undrafted guy from Maple Ridge will be playing in front of friends and family in only his 4th career NHL game. Good guy who worked his ass off after not being drafted in Europe and the AHL, finally got the call last week and the Preds have pitched 2 shutouts since then.

Im hoping for a 4-3 Vancouver win, with a Bartley 3 point night (the kid still doesnt have a point in 3 games, would be awesome to do at home)

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Hope the win last game gives these guys a boost. Too bad it's against NSH who also plays a boring game. Should be another snoozer one goal game.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I am excited for this game for 2 reasons;

1) First Canucks game ill be attending since game 5 of the LA series last year

and;

2) My buddy Victor Bartley of the Predators got called up from Milwaukee 3 games ago and has looked great. Undrafted guy from Maple Ridge will be playing in front of friends and family in only his 4th career NHL game. Good guy who worked his ass off after not being drafted in Europe and the AHL, finally got the call last week and the Preds have pitched 2 shutouts since then.

Im hoping for a 4-3 Vancouver win, with a Bartley 3 point night (the kid still doesnt have a point in 3 games, would be awesome to do at home)

Any relation to Mitch Bartley?

Iceberg Slim

May 9, 2010
Vancouver
Agreed. Clowe is done.

Also, is Pinizzotto supposed to play this game?

Wondering the same. He plays his final game with Chicago tonight and joins the Canucks tomorrow. Whether he dresses or goes to the press box remains to be seen.

I wouldn't be surprise though (if he plays). Both MG and AV like Pinizzotto and see potential in him so it shouldn't be long before he gets into the lineup.

Side note on Pinner, just looked at his Twitter bio. Has a great sense of humour about his status with the team:

@stevepinizzotto Vancouver Canucks oldest prospect
https://twitter.com/stevepinizzotto

Steve Bennett*

1-0 Canucks

1st period

NO SCORING!!!

2nd period

NO SCORING!!!

3rd period

09:14 Weise (Hamhuis Lapierre)
___

Shot totals will be 12-11 Vancouver...

Nov 1, 2011
Going to keep an eye on Legwand. A Preds fan has proposed him as an option in our 3rd line centre thread.

Seems like the exact type of guy we could use on our 3rd line when Kesler is back and 2nd line for now.

MajorCanuck

Cup Please
Dec 30, 2011
Surrey, BC
Going to keep an eye on Legwand. A Preds fan has proposed him as an option in our 3rd line centre thread.

Seems like the exact type of guy we could use on our 3rd line when Kesler is back and 2nd line for now.

What would they want back. I mean its not like Nashville is a bottom feeder.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
I would like to see us score first and I would like to see some PP goals.

Like I said last game, getting the special teams fixed will go a long way in fixing what ails.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Scratch Alberts. In fact, I'd waive him - I can't imagine we don't have one single guy in Chicago that could play at least as well as he has (read: freaking awful).

Barker has at least looked like a 7th/8th defender. Which is to say, he scares the hell out of me, but he hasn't screwed up nearly as much as Alberts. At almost half the cap hit, too.

Never have seen what management has seen in him. He had a stretch of decent #7 work in the 10-11 season, but has been nothing but pitiful in every single other situation.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Never have seen what management has seen in him. He had a stretch of decent #7 work in the 10-11 season, but has been nothing but pitiful in every single other situation.

Haven't forgotten the year before he almost single-handedly cost us the series to the Kings with his penalties. Lucky for him, AV blamed Keith Ballard for that (and he wasn't even on the team then!:laugh:).

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com

The hit against the Jackets in the 1st period of their 1st game last week is why, nobody else on that D hits like he does. You can live with some bonehead plays if he's bringing that level of intimidation to the ice.

Still... he's "limited" and that's being generous.

Some interesting info here about what all teams need to do to get to the assumed 55point playoff cutoff line:

Vancouver Canucks* 25gp - 30pts - 23gmsleft - 25points needed to get to 55 - 12-10-1record needed over last 23 games

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/e...at-your-team-needs-to-do-to-make-the-playoffs

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
The hit against the Jackets in the 1st period of their 1st game last week is why, nobody else on that D hits like he does. You can live with some bonehead plays if he's bringing that level of intimidation to the ice.
Ballard ain't exactly a Lady Byng candidate either. He's small but plays fairly chippy in front of the net. Not afraid to stick up for his teammates either. But again, he's not a AV guy, so he sits.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
clowe has been unmitigated garbage this year. keep him away

A sharks fan said clowe was playing hurt, and is just to proud to sit out right now....

Either way I did not mind him last year, but at this point injured or not I would not want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad