Pre-Game Talk: GAME #26: Canucks vs. Predators

Status
Not open for further replies.

StringerBell

Think I'm going to skip this one. Haven't missed a game yet all year, but the Canucks and Preds are both playing some pretty ugly hockey and I should probably spend the time studying for my midterm Friday.

Hope we win.

PredsFanFromla

Jul 10, 2010
louisiana
pnq5Ktu.gif

kWYdUCs.gif

t8q3b4E.gif

Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators

Canucks' Record: 12-7-6 @ Predators' Record: 11-9-6

WHEN: Thursday, March 14th, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: TSN
RADIO: TEAM 1040

Vancouver Canucks' Starting Lineup: (unconfirmed)
D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Ebbett - Hansen
Booth - Higgins - Kassian
Sestito - Lapierre - Weise

Kesler
Malhotra

Hamhuis - Garrison
Tanev - Edler
Alberts - Barker
Ballard
Bieksa

Luongo
Schneider

Nashvile Predators' Lineup:
Wilson - Legwand - Bourque
Erat - Smith - Butler
Boychuk - Fisher - Hornqvist
Kostitsyn - Gaustad - Clune

Weber - Josi
Klein - Hannan
Blum - Ellis

Rinne
Mason

Game Notes:

The Last Meeting:

TRUST THE HAT
emot-black101.gif

(1 - 0 - 0)

3HW08Hf.gif
QTZv4o1.gif

l4jI9Rk.gif
WgccpbW.gif

3KN9Cch.gif
F87KfTJ.gif

Correction in the Preds lineup: Gaustad was sent back to nashville with a upper body injury,Chris mueller was recalled today from milwaukee,so he will join the team in vancouver and play tomorrow

yoss

May 25, 2011
Scratch Alberts. In fact, I'd waive him - I can't imagine we don't have one single guy in Chicago that could play at least as well as he has (read: freaking awful).

Barker has at least looked like a 7th/8th defender. Which is to say, he scares the hell out of me, but he hasn't screwed up nearly as much as Alberts. At almost half the cap hit, too.

Two huge defensive liabilities is just too much. Would also rather see Barker, he's slow as **** but at least he looks alright offensively from time to time.

And put Garrison on the first PP unit ffs. Who scored last night? Edler is so hesitant out there lately it drives me crazy. 0-25? And you still roll with the same guys? Tell Edler to pass it back to Garrison on the point every once in a while or put Hamhuis or someone out there that will.

I was watching that game on PVR last night/this morning and the lack of chances they generated was painful to watch. CBJ buries one of those chances and Canucks easily lose that game. Yes, puck possession and nearly 40 shots, but how many quality chances out of all that? I could think of a couple? Hamhuis on the powerplay... and a whole lot of Sedins cycling in the corner. Not good enough, not nearly good enough.

Just looks like they have lost that spark or something. There's something missing out there lately, and its not just Kesler (who they were doing well enough without earlier in the season) or Bieksa.

Good to get the win last night, but it did little to alleviate my concerns.

Guess it will be exciting to watch Nucks in the hunt for a playoff spot, been a few years since we've seen that.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Think I'm going to skip this one. Haven't missed a game yet all year, but the Canucks and Preds are both playing some pretty ugly hockey and I should probably spend the time studying for my midterm Friday.

Hope we win.

Right on, man! Good luck on your MT.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Correction in the Preds lineup: Gaustad was sent back to nashville with a upper body injury,Chris mueller was recalled today from milwaukee,so he will join the team in vancouver and play tomorrow

Will make a note of that when I draw up the GDT. Thank you!

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
So we have a new goal song that is debuting tomorrow. No more vamanos but since it's against Nashville we might not even get to hear it.

PredsFanFromla

Jul 10, 2010
louisiana

Hope we win.

If Pekka Rinne has another game like he had against the stars then the game will be anything but ugly.I think you are gonna be sorry that you missed this game

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
If the Canucks lineup does become official then they should switch that Ebbett line to the third line.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Higgins-Kassian
Raymond-Ebbett-Hansen
Sestito-Lapierre-Weise

Switch Alberts and put Ballard in.

Lou plays :)

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
They just need to bring back Holiday and stop with the nonsense.

Yep. It was a perfectly good goal song. The biggest reason Chicago's is so immortalized is because it's had a decent tenure. I hope Philadelphia keeps there's for awhile too.

Agreed. LIke green day or not.. it's a good goal song.

And the number of people that ever said that while it was our goal song? I think I can recall three posts saying they actually liked it. Whenever it was brought up everyone was all: "Why isn't this song our goal song? Green Day sucks, this song sucks blah blah blah I'm a pathetic whiner."

EDIT: I shouldn't say everyone, but there was visible majority.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Nope. Watching these games is moving quickly from privilege to habit to chore. Sad but true. Pretty clear without Kesler this team has almost zero hop in their stride so to speak.

I miss Kesler. I know a lot of people were hating on him 1-2 games after he came back (and also now, even though he's not in the line-up...:help:). Just rotten luck with the broken foot (which, I'm sure, hampered his play). He was amazing in his first game back, and that Dallas game was so much fun (even though we lost). He's a huge part of this team.

Crows*

Just going through the NHL game sountracks... man I forgot how much I loved this song on NHL 09. Brings back great memories with my eschl buddies.. you know who you are ;)

Actually this could be a decent goal song.. with the lyrics "you could cry me a river" "you got me runnin wild and free"

Very up tempo.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I miss Kesler. I know a lot of people were hating on him 1-2 games after he came back (and also now, even though he's not in the line-up...:help:). Just rotten luck with the broken foot (which, I'm sure, hampered his play). He was amazing in his first game back, and that Dallas game was so much fun (even though we lost). He's a huge part of this team.

Kesler has slowly been getting the Luongo treatment here. I think some of it is fair (the diving, shooting from the blueline) but a lot of it isn't. It's pretty clear this is a very mediocre team without him.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Prozzak still exists?! That takes me back to 1999...

I hate Vamanos. That song was absolutely dreadful, and I'll be happy never to hear it again. Not overly optimistic that whatever replaces it will be good, though.

I want to rip my ears out every time I hear that song. I'm glad all of my twitter harrassment of DJ Dave finally seems to be paying off. :sarcasm:

Er, I guess I'll have to wait and see what he plays tomorrow night. Honesty, if he's going to pick some random crappy song, I'd rather just go for an overused good one like Song 2 by Blur or Rock'n Roll Part 2 by Gary Glitter or even We Will Rock You.

I'll be so jacked if it's Doop (flyers goal song). I noticed that he played Doop during one of the breaks in a recent canucks game. Did anyone else notice that? Please, please be Doop. :laugh:

Oh yeah, can we get a sports bar like this in van? Soooo sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad