GDT: Game 25: Montreal Canadiens vs Vancouver Canucks 3/10/21 11:00pm EST SN, RDS (HD), TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
As there been any explanation from the NHL or the Canucks for this later than normal start time?

With no fans in the building and the building likely not being used for anything else it just seems quite stupid to start this game an hour later than normal against an east team with one of the biggest fanbases in the NHL.

I can't remember ever having a 12:30am Habs start time for me here in NL before so for that I'd like to extend 2 middle fingers and 2 **** you's to the NHL for this. :)

It's a Wednesday night game, so it falls on the national broadcast. And the "early game" is Ottawa at Edmonton at 8PM. So it's basically a double header, but both games being played in the West.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
So that the lines in the last game are different than this one,that's changing the lines imho.

When Ducharme made the Toffoli/KK/Anderson line 2 games ago, he warned that he might swap the RWs.

He's trying to find chemistry among his offensive centers and wingers.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
The leafs seem to go out there, and get earlier starts? Or am I dreaming? It seems like they do..........and we get the late crap starts...
Anyhow, was the starter named yet? Allen? Price? Theodore or Hackett?
I don't get the late start either. Apparently they don't give a crap if anyone in Ontario and East watches. Not like the Habs have fans out here or anything Hopefully this crap doesn't happen in the playoffs.

We should send emails to the major sponsors telling them we'll all be recording and fast forwarding through their commercials! Lol!

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
As there been any explanation from the NHL or the Canucks for this later than normal start time?

With no fans in the building and the building likely not being used for anything else it just seems quite stupid to start this game an hour later than normal against an east team with one of the biggest fanbases in the NHL.

I can't remember ever having a 12:30am Habs start time for me here in NL before so for that I'd like to extend 2 middle fingers and 2 **** you's to the NHL for this. :)

Not certain,but pretty sure when the Canucks came into the league they played at 8 pm, although those games were not televised back then. Anyways back then in NL you guys probably never heard about hockey let alone having electricity or TV.:jk:

Reactions: Forum93 and sheed36

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
It's a Wednesday night game, so it falls on the national broadcast. And the "early game" is Ottawa at Edmonton at 8PM. So it's basically a double header, but both games being played in the West.

The NHL had the Leafs/Canucks game played in Vancouver as their early Saturday 7pm CBC game this past weekend and the Oilers/Flames game after at 10pm EST and both these games were also played out west so why not do the same here?

There's no reason not to have the earlier Sens/Oilers game start an hour earlier at 7pm and then have the Habs/Canucks game start at 10pm EST like the Saturday night games but I guess none of these games involve the Leafs so.....

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Who cares who starts, both goalies are playing well right now and we play again in under 24 hours so obviously they will both get a game.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I whipped out my PS3 to play some NHL 14 (which I kept updating the rosters on until like 2018 because the series has been garbage since NHL 15) and was like "hm I wonder who Montreal's backup is" and I totally forgot Niemi was a Hab
How could you forget such a glorious period in Habs' history?

Reactions: Stive Morgan

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
The NHL had the Leafs/Canucks game played in Vancouver as their early Saturday 7pm CBC game this past weekend and the Oilers/Flames game after at 10pm EST and both these games were also played out west so why not do the same here?

There's no reason not to have the earlier Sens/Oilers game start an hour earlier at 7pm and then have the Habs/Canucks game start at 10pm EST like the Saturday night games but I guess none of these games involve the Leafs so.....

You asked and answered your own question,gotta respect that:thumbu:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I'd play price tonight and throw Allen to the wolves tomorrow night against a Flames team who haven't played since Sunday and will be playing a Habs team playing their 3rd road game in 4 nights and on the 2nd night of a B2B in less than 24 hours with travel. Terrible scheduling by the NHL right there.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I'm with you on everything. But that is the reason Habs/Canucks are at 11PM. Because the Sens/Oilers is at 8PM.

Reactions: sheed36

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
If Prices body is such that he can't take playing more now, we're in big trouble. If its mental, playing more and winning is the key. I've said and even read an article that this platooning crap is not the way to go. The starter needs to get a rhythm going.

He was the most played goaltender in the league the previous 3 seasons. It’s shouldn’t be a matter of Price or his body. It’s the coaches trying to mimic what other successful teams have been doing. Since 2010, only Jonathan Quick has won a cup playing 60+ games in a season. I understand what they’re trying to do, but I think they’re going overboard this season. But I guess we’ll see in a month when the exhaustion really start to kick in for teams.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
If Prices body is such that he can't take playing more now, we're in big trouble. If its mental, playing more and winning is the key. I've said and even read an article that this platooning crap is not the way to go. The starter needs to get a rhythm going.
I think the organization wants Price playing less, certainly not Price himself.
He does need to play more, he has to find a groove, and the rest down the stretch will be pivotal, we all saw what he can do when rested going into the plaoffs.
Allen needs to play too, but Price has to get rolling...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad