GDT: Game 25 | Detroit Red Wings @ Columbus Blue Jackets | 2:00 PM EST | FS-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloneHakanPlease*

Duh.

Only showing what the intelligent and objective of us have been saying for a long time. Bubble team. Mediocre.

"Bandwagoner"

"We are still a contender"

"Even if we're not you're just a Spoiled Fan"

"Root for another team"

"Injuries"

"Smith will be as good as PK Subban"

"Do you even lift"

"Kronwall is a deserved Norris Candidate"

"Filppula will come back and be a point per game phenom"

"There's a reason why you're not coaching. You're just some random guy on the internet."

"If you can't handle me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best"

Am I doing it right? :sarcasm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
I guess it's time to break up the Jackets!! :laugh:

The road PP woes and losing the season series to the CFBJ's will loom large if the Wings miss the playoffs.

The injuries have hurt, but only winning 12 while losing 13 (thank God for the 4 loser points!!) at this point in the season with mostly road games remaining is going to make it a steep uphill climb for this team. The silver lining (since we're always looking for that this year)- no more games against C-bus after tomorrow! :phew:

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
"Bandwagoner"

"Root for another team"

"Injuries"

"Do you even lift"

"There's a reason why you're not coaching. You're just some random guy on the internet."

Perfect.

Shadywing19

Jan 26, 2013
One bad defensive game after a series of decent ones. Bound to happen with the young d core we have. The offense is still an issue. Not sure what the solution is. The pp is just out of this world dis functional. With the amount of high end skill up front we have. It shouldn't be this bad. Could the solution be as simple as shoot more? They seem to be waiting for that perfect shot. To the dude who wants to send smith back to the minors after one bad game I say thank GOD you're not in charge of our young players development haha

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
One bad defensive game after a series of decent ones. Bound to happen with the young d core we have. The offense is still an issue. Not sure what the solution is. The pp is just out of this world dis functional. With the amount of high end skill up front we have. It shouldn't be this bad. Could the solution be as simple as shoot more? They seem to be waiting for that perfect shot. To the dude who wants to send smith back to the minors after one bad game I say thank GOD you're not in charge of our young players development haha

The offense and PP has been an issue all year long. But guess what? Offensive dynamos Flip, Sammy and Helm will be back soon! That's just like trading for someone like Gaborik. Dur!

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The offense and PP has been an issue all year long. But guess what? Offensive dynamos Flip, Sammy and Helm will be back soon! That's just like trading for someone like Gaborik. Dur!

Fil is a damn good player offensively when he is actually healthy. He doesn't belong in a group with Sammy and Helm.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Fil is a damn good player offensively when he is actually healthy. He doesn't belong in a group with Sammy and Helm.

Not on a consistent basis. At times he is. He has flashes of brilliance like he were some Datsyuk Lite. Haven't seen any other those flashes this year.

Shadywing19

Jan 26, 2013

Haha. You know what I'd actually like to see on the pp is Ericsson being the net front guy. I'd be interested to see something like

Brunner. Pavel. Franzen. Franzen out front, Brunner on the left for one timers. Pavel does pavel

Smith. Kindle

Sammy. Z. Ericsson. Sammy left on timer. Ericsson out front. Z does z

Kronner. Quincey/white.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
To the dude who wants to send smith back to the minors after one bad game I say thank GOD you're not in charge of our young players development haha

I'd say actually, he's just following the Wing's philosophy, which is to overripen prospects to the point of rotting. Nyquist is running away with points in the AHL and he's still down there even with our depleted roster forcing us to line up Datsyuk with Cleary and Abby.

Not a single, damn, PP goal on the road.

That is pathetic. Pathetic. And yet, we see no signs of change on something that clearly isn't working. It's the same old thing we've seen for 4 years now. Point shots. Everything to the point. It's not working, it hasn't been working, it won't start working. Try something else.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
I'd say actually, he's just following the Wing's philosophy, which is to overripen prospects to the point of rotting. Nyquist is running away with points in the AHL and he's still down there even with our depleted roster forcing us to line up Datsyuk with Cleary and Abby.

Not a single, damn, PP goal on the road.

That is pathetic. Pathetic. And yet, we see no signs of change on something that clearly isn't working. It's the same old thing we've seen for 4 years now. Point shots. Everything to the point. It's not working, it hasn't been working, it won't start working. Try something else.

I've been out of town so I only got to watch part of he game, but...THIS. There is literally no puck movement below the hash marks. You have two of the most creative playmakers in the world in Pav and Z, yet the "shoot from the point" philosophy remains. I have been extremely disappointed in Renney as I really thought he would bring much more to the table to help the power play.

Babcock and Holland's stubbornness is becoming maddening.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
CBJ fan here in peace. That is the best compliment you could have ever given. I expect the Wings to come out guns a blazin' tomorrow. There won't be a repeat.

*sigh* You probably expect wrong. We don't really get p-ed off losing to the Blue Jackets... And the Blue Jackets seemed to have figured out how to play against the Red Wings.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Not on a consistent basis. At times he is. He has flashes of brilliance like he were some Datsyuk Lite. Haven't seen any other those flashes this year.

That's not a coincidence. He hasn't been healthy this year. Last year you saw plenty of those flashes.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
*sigh* You probably expect wrong. We don't really get p-ed off losing to the Blue Jackets... And the Blue Jackets seemed to have figured out how to play against the Red Wings.

Bet you we win tomrrow.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
CBJ fan here in peace. That is the best compliment you could have ever given. I expect the Wings to come out guns a blazin' tomorrow. There won't be a repeat.

Don't overestimate this team with Abby and Cleary up front. :help:

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
That's not a coincidence. He hasn't been healthy this year. Last year you saw plenty of those flashes.

If they choose to bring him back, and especially if they go over $4m for him, we better hope you're right. Could have been an injury slowing him down, but he's always been a passive player who preferred to peel off on a break and look for someone/anyone to pass to instead of making a play or shooting. I'm far from convinced that his performance last year was really the player he is.

RedWingsNow*

"Bandwagoner"

"Root for another team"

"Injuries"

"Do you even lift"

Mods, lock down this thread!!!:laugh:

RedWingsNow*

Babcock will try White for Kindl -- that's the ticket!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad