GDT: Game 25 | Detroit Red Wings @ Columbus Blue Jackets | 2:00 PM EST | FS-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
I don't blame Prospal at all. Abdelkader was cross checking him repeatedly during and after the play. So I guess Justin's impact was getting Prospal to take a misconduct penalty... so THAT'S why he's still on the 2nd line! All kinds of intangibles and things that don't show up on the score sheet...

I'm pretty sure it did show up on the score sheet...

3rd period
13:34 Prospal: Misconduct (10 Min)

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Just got to watch the game, and Great Easter Poop were Quincey, Ericsson (lesser), Kronwall (lesser aside from the giveaway) and Cleary taint-tastic today.

Zetterberg and Abdelkader were the best players on the ice today, followed by Tootoo, Lashoff, and to a lesser extent Kindl.

Gustavsson wasn't as bad as 3-0 indicated, but still.

Everyone else was decidedly meh.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Forecheck

It is the forecheck that is our problem.
I think we do not forecheck well enough and we are not solving our opponents' forechecking well, we are not getting out of our zone well/quick enough.
We have scored 2 goals in our last 3 road games and have yet to score a PP goal on the raod.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Really? Try making the playoffs and actually winning a series before you come on here and call us gals. I have no ill wishes toward your team and I wish the best for it. But don't come here and say stuff like that bro.

Lol, I meant GLAD! Damn auto-correct. Fixed it.

Cheers

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Oh, and one other thing that I mentioned on our board. I have to give your fans that make the trip down to Columbus props. Of course many are central Ohio residents that are still Wings fans first, then CBJ fans second.

Anyway, win or lose, Wings fans come in and cheer for their team and are always respectful. I have never seen any of them act like jerks, or try and start ****. Pens and Sabres fans are the absolute worst. Complete a-holes. No one likes them. It gets ugly when they are there, and they show up in droves.

Wings fans act like they have been there, and are always welcome in Columbus as far as I am concerned.

We might be on a little streak here but I have no illusions about making the play-offs. Hope you guys do.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
I'm pretty sure it did show up on the score sheet...

3rd period
13:34 Prospal: Misconduct (10 Min)

Eva, I'm sure Abby appreciates your effort to come to his defense as a player here, but I'm not sure that penalties drawn on the other team is a stat officially kept by the NHL. But as far as that goes, he doesn't even agitate the opponent like he did a few seasons ago. Sure hope that's not a sign that he's seeing his career arc taking him into the role of a skilled scorer :laugh:. I'd like to think that the score sheets are telling him otherwise.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Eva, I'm sure Abby appreciates your effort to come to his defense as a player here, but I'm not sure that penalties drawn on the other team is a stat officially kept by the NHL. But as far as that goes, he doesn't even agitate the opponent like he did a few seasons ago. Sure hope that's not a sign that he's seeing his career arc taking him into the role of a skilled scorer :laugh:. I'd like to think that the score sheets are telling him otherwise.

The only area where Abby looked like a competent NHL'er was on puck retrieval during the power play. He can't redirect pucks, he spends far too much time jostling with the defender to the point where he can't provide much help as a net front presence, and he's certainly not much of a set-up guy. His best move by far is passing the puck to Pavs.

This is why I've been pushing to give Sheahan a shot on a scoring line. If it doesn't work you can always send him back down to GR.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
It is the forecheck that is our problem.
I think we do not forecheck well enough and we are not solving our opponents' forechecking well, we are not getting out of our zone well/quick enough.
We have scored 2 goals in our last 3 road games and have yet to score a PP goal on the raod.

Also the BJs forecheck just gave our d-men all sorts of problems. That horrid Kronner TO? Result of a forechecker. Q losing that pass in his skates? Result of a forechecker. Kindl also struggles with pressure in his own zone when he's got the puck. Not a good sign for a team that is supposed to be "puck possession".

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Yeah, the reality hits pretty hard in next 9 games.

CBJ
@CGY
@EDM
@VAN
MIN
@ANA
@ANA
@PHO
@SAN

After that we have played 17 games both home and away. That's the mark when we know where we really belong.

Oh this is not going to be pretty. Our only chance is the fact we've generally been good at EVS.

lkleung007

Jun 11, 2012
Just got to watch the game, and Great Easter Poop were Quincey, Ericsson (lesser), Kronwall (lesser aside from the giveaway) and Cleary taint-tastic today.

Zetterberg and Abdelkader were the best players on the ice today, followed by Tootoo, Lashoff, and to a lesser extent Kindl.

Gustavsson wasn't as bad as 3-0 indicated, but still.

Everyone else was decidedly meh.

The Wings just didn't show up at all...very disappointing. :(

Gustavsson was probably our best player...he made some great saves in the 3rd period or the score would've been 4 or 5 to 0!! Of the 3 goals...I can only fault him on the PP goal...probably stayed a bit too deep in his net. He did look much more comfortable as the game went on...that's life for a backup.

Hope we show tomorrow afternoon????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->