Food for thought ... friendly fire incoming:

hockey30-2018-11-27-%C3%A0-14.25.35.png
Message is clear.....GET THE f*** OUT OF THE WAY
:laugh:

David Poile???.....:biglaugh:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
If the boys can halt the losing skid tonight ..A loss tonight could get us 3 points away from a possible Kakko...lol

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I DEMAND THE REPLAY

Hummm ... turns out there is tragic outcome to the story, not immediately suggested by the table of Shea Weber caused injuries:

Poile was struck by an errant Shea Weber pass during the Predators’ morning skate at Xcel Energy Center on Feb. 6, resulting in a fractured orbital bone and nose.

This was the initial report. Several surgeries later, it was determined that Poile would never recover sight in his right eye.

That's really unfortunate.

Oh God, just heard the corniest line from the above video in the voice-over by a Fox Reporter from WZTV. After he explains the obstacles facing Poile due to his lack of full vision, he goes on to say at 2:12:

"Still, Poile isn't losing sight of his vision for the Predators's franchise." :eyeroll:

To his credit, Poile played along by joking: "Absolutely. I always had a vision for this franchise. It used to be a two-eyed vision, now it's a one-eyed vision. But maybe now I can be more focused with that one eye."

Props to Poile for soldiering on. That injury must have surely haunted Weber even if it was purely accidental.

Last edited:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Now that someone mentioned it, I hope he doesn't injury Gally or Shawzie or Kotka if they're in front of the net...

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
If the boys can halt the losing skid tonight ..A loss tonight could get us 3 points away from a possible Kakko...lol

Choice of sneaking into a wildcard spot and likely out in 4 or 5 games in round 1 or getting a Kakko or another top end prospect I'll take the latter at this point. The Habs really need more top end young talent and the next 2 drafts is apparently very good so the Habs need to stock up for the next 2 drafts and then go for it.

If the Canes play like they did when the beat the "mighty" Leafs the Habs could be in tough tonight. 4-2 Canes tonight.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So, HF, which Myers injury is the best? Subban's, or Weber's?

:sarcasm:

What would really be HF is someone mentioning how Bergevin lost a major trade to a guy who only has the use of one eye. Wait for it ... 3-2-1 ...

Honestly, nothing ever ceases to amaze me in here. :laugh:

Reactions: Bloumeister

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Weber should improve our goal differential by 2. Prevent one and score one. Could make a big difference in a lot of close games.

He should get a nice ovation on his first shift.

We need this game in a big way. 4-1 Habs.

Go :habs Go

:pickle::pickle::pickle::pickle::pickle::pickle:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Weber should improve our goal differential by 2. Prevent one and score one. Could make a big difference in a lot of close games.

He should get a nice ovation on his first shift.

We need this game in a big way. 4-1 Habs.

Go :habs Go

:pickle::pickle::pickle::pickle::pickle::pickle:

Markov moved the needle 0,50 in both directions, and didn't reach even a full +1 tallied together and our win % climbed to 150%. I have a hard time believing Weber will have twice the impact. I don't think there's a single player outside Crosby and McJesus who can move the needle to that extent. We're not in the 80's

Reactions: McTusk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad