GDT: Game 25: CANES @ HABS | Ready | Nov. 27, 2018 730pm ET, TSN2, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
You're using a substitute clown waiving buh-bye, when there is someone at hand who has received his share of clown makeovers?

kSx4Mak.jpg

Not to forget the all-time classic ...

Bozovin.gif

DANGER ZONE: throwing out all of the above clown memes not knowing what lurks at the bottom of that Bloucycling Bin of yours. :D

There's only room for one clown in that bin. The good looking, sexy-as-heck one :nod:

2qx0uus.png

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm looking forward to these posts:

If we win
"Where are the tankers now!?! This is a good team FFS!!"

If we lose
"****ing negative nancies are back. Only show up after a loss!"

All part of the usual menu fare at ...

2lw2hq.jpg

Unclewhalebone

Aug 28, 2009
It's been a year. Knee and ankle surgeries. Let's hope Weber doesn't come back a shell of the player he once was. We need him to be our Big D.

If Weber is a shell of his former self, we will have $18 million in shells on this team. I certainly hope he is able to bring top notch play.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
For me, it's about the direction, not the destination. As long as Bergevin stays on track by sacrificing vets in favour of youth, I'm good. Obviously this was a detour from the original Plan-A, but since he's been forced off the playoff-freeway he's been navigating pretty well.

Has he been forced out of the playoff freeway? Not sure about that. He may get ideas with Weber back and if they're still within reach when Byron and Armia return.

He may already be thinking that Domi's emergence and the team's early season performance may have accelerated the reset -- and that the team is only on a skid right now because of injuries.

The next trade will determine if he's really on a course where he's willing to sacrifice a season toward building a young solid core or if he's going to start chasing again, at the TDL.

Reactions: groovejuice and 417

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Do you guys think this could be a blessing in disguise for Webe?. A year off after all those hard minutes for so long. Might extend his career.

I remember how we had made the same argument when Markov had returned from his last major surgery and it ended up working out. Age does its thing regardless but this is a guy who did have a lot of mileage on him, so who really knows -- could be a very personal thing. Hopefully they bring him along slowly.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Here is hoping for a huge boost for this team with the man mountain back patrolling the blue line. The adrenaline will be pumping

What if the Lads stop playing to let Man Mountain do it all? We've seen that happen too when a big piece returns to the lineup. I know one thing this is a big game for both squads.

Reactions: Runner77 and Tyson

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Do you guys think this could be a blessing in disguise for Webe?. A year off after all those hard minutes for so long. Might extend his career.
How? Do you see him getting or even wanting another contract after this one?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What if the Lads stop playing to let Man Mountain do it all? We've seen that happen too when a big piece returns to the lineup. I know one thing this is a big game for both squads.

However, the game also comes on the heels of the Habs ditching a player on a big contract -- probably sending the signal that this is the worst time to slack off -- not that it ever is a good idea.

A clear signal has been sent -- your contractual status won't protect you. Produce or else.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
How? Do you see him getting or even wanting another contract after this one?

I don't think he meant contractually. Probably in terms of delaying a performance dropoff due to less mileage and having had time to recoup.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Not excited at all about this. Hudon doesn’t do crap whichever line he plays on. Enough with the experiment.

I thought they were starting to generate more chances with Kenny A before he got bumped. Either way KK seems to miss Army.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad