GDT: Game 25: CANES @ HABS | Ready | Nov. 27, 2018 730pm ET, TSN2, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
345 days in the making.

That's how long it has taken for Shea Weber to make his way back to a regular season game.

A lot has happened since then. Notably, he's entering the game as Captain.

Is he ready? Just look into his eyes, you'll see a steely gaze toward his opponent for tonight's game ...

nijkzpZ.gif

A lot has happened yesterday, to make room for him on the roster. A strange day, that finally saw Alzner jettisoned from the team. This is more likely to be remembered as the day Weber finally returned to the lineup as opposed to Alzner losing his spot. Not that Alzner is going to suffer all that much from his demotion ...

jQ6rqsn.gif

Alzner is fully ready for Laval, where he'll teach a new generation of Habs prospects, some old yuletide tricks, just in time for the holidays ...

cZsLR4h.gif

And now that Alzner is gone from the NHL lineup, there is the matter of those post Cyber-Monday purchases that one regrets ...

2nh51b.jpg

Enough about Alzner, this will close a chapter for now.

What is particularly striking about most Habs fans, is how they don't tend to forget certain things. There is a close attention to detail, that has become their trademark. They will typically notice the oddest things.

Take for instance ... eyebrows.

No sooner had the season started when ...

Domi or Kadri..who has the worst eyebrows?

With the recent call-up of Kenny Agostino, the discussion soon shifted to the latter's massive furry strands ...

I've been surprisingly impressed with Agostino. He's no all-star but for a warm body he's not bad.

His eyebrows are awful.

He could use some pointers from Domi.

And so, as a public service to those HFers who are intrigued, we can put the question of Domi's and Agostino's eyebrows to rest, once and for all:

6vRfW6U.gif

Agostino looks like he needs urgent brow-taming. Domi has trimmed and plucked. One look is more natural the other more defined. Which of these looks garners greater appeal? The answer will be in the thread. And yes, it's a disturbing pursuit.

LINEUPS

Caniac Nation's Proteges:

Foegele-Staal-Williams
Ferland-Aho-Teravainen
Svechnikov-Wallmark-Martinook
McGinn-Rask-Di Giuseppe

Slavin-Hamilton
de Haan-Faulk
Bean-van Riemsdyk

McElhinney
Mrazek

Scratches: Darling (healthy), Zykov (healthy), Fleury (concussion), Pesce (lower body; injured reserve)

Finally, yesterday was also eventful on account of Flyers's GM Ron Hextall being replaced by Gritty. And speaking of replacements, it's high time that something be done about that anthem singer disaster at the Bell Centre.

On the Saturday game against Boston, we witnessed yet another instance of a singer going off key, causing a cringeworthy reaction. Further to so many inept singers having been tried and endured at the Bell Centre, it's long overdue that more drastic measures be taken.

Such as ...

VmChC7g.gif

dYaLx79.jpg

Last edited:

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Let's go baby! Come on! Let's enjoy our Weber effect after watching death toll Defense, well atleast it isn't much death now since Alznerr is out!

Nice GDT as always runner! Give me dem Alzner memes to celebrate the end of era of Alzner!

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
345 days in the making.

That's how long it has taken for Shea Weber to make his way back to a regular season game.

A lot has happened since then. Notably, he's entering the game as Captain.

Is he ready? Just look into his eyes, you'll see a steely gaze toward his opponent for tonight's game ...

nijkzpZ.gif

A lot has happened yesterday, to make room for him on the roster. A strange day, that finally saw Alzner jettisoned from the team. This is more likely to be remembered as the day Weber finally returned to the lineup as opposed to Alzner losing his spot. Not that Alzner is going to suffer all that much from his demotion ...

jQ6rqsn.gif

Alzner is fully ready for Laval, where he'll teach a new generation of Habs prospects, some old yuletide tricks, just in time for the holidays ...

cZsLR4h.gif

And now that Alzner is gone from the NHL lineup, there is the matter of those post Cyber-Monday purchases that one regrets ...

2nh51b.jpg

Enough about Alzner, this will close a chapter for now.

What is particularly striking about most Habs fans, is how they don't tend to forget certain things. There is a close attention to detail, that has become their trademark. They will typically notice the oddest things.

Take for instance ... eyebrows.

No sooner had the season started when ...

With the recent call-up of Kenny Agostino, the discussion soon shifted to the latter's massive furry strands ...

And so, as a public service to those HFers who are intrigued, we can put the question of Domi's and Agostino's eyebrows to rest, once and for all:

6vRfW6U.gif

Agostino looks like he needs urgent brow-taming. Domi has trimmed and plucked. One look is more natural the other more defined. Which of these looks garners greater appeal? The answer will be in the thread. And yes, it's a disturbing pursuit.

LINEUPS: TBA

Finally, yesterday was also eventful on account of Flyers's GM Ron Hextall being replaced by Gritty. And speaking of replacements, it's high time that something be done about that anthem singer disaster at the Bell Centre.

On the Saturday game against Boston, we witnessed yet another instance of a singer going off key, causing a cringeworthy reaction. Further to so many inept singers having been tried and endured at the Bell Centre, it's long overdue that more drastic measures be taken.

Such as ...

VmChC7g.gif

dYaLx79.jpg
LMAO you kill me with these, great job!

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Happy to see Weber back and I'm sure he's excited to play his first game as captain.

It will be nice to actually have a shot threat for the PP again. I'm sure he'll be pretty rusty but I don't think it will take too many games to get back into it.

Reactions: Runner77

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
I predicted 8 pts for the team last week. Looking at the schedule it was a perfect week to collect points, players and coaches were aware of that and cj even mentionned it in his press conference. So my disapointment was massive.

I sincerely hope shea's return will lift the group. I'd hate to admit our pessimistic fans were right this time.... As i have seen too much positives so far this year.

Impressed mb sent alzner down. It does not erase the decision to sign him but it sends the players, the player, and the fans the right message.

If you can't open a pickle jar, be gone at once

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I'll give Shea a week or two to get back into game shape and mentality. I'm not expecting miracles from the guy and neither should anyone else. He alone will not fix our poor defense, but he will help.

Reactions: Tyson and Runner77

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Here's hoping Julien ins't dumb enough to use Weber 20+ mins in his first game back

I would be ready to bet he plays 20+ minutes... Would not be surprised if he hits 25 minutes TBH. Depending on how many penalties need to be killed and how much PP opportunities we get.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
It's been a year. Knee and ankle surgeries. Let's hope Weber doesn't come back a shell of the player he once was. We need him to be our Big D.

Having him on the PP should be a huge plus.

We need a win badly.

Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I predicted 8 pts for the team last week. Looking at the schedule it was a perfect week to collect points, players and coaches were aware of that and cj even mentionned it in his press conference. So my disapointment was massive.

I sincerely hope shea's return will lift the group. I'd hate to admit our pessimistic fans were right this time.... As i have seen too much positives so far this year.

Impressed mb sent alzner down. It does not erase the decision to sign him but it sends the players, the player, and the fans the right message.

If you can't open a pickle jar, be gone at once
If the Habs weren't as good as their first 20 games, they're certainly not as bad as their last four games. There's a lot more season left to play before we can judge what this new roster really is.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
If the Habs weren't as good as their first 20 games, they're certainly not as bad as their last four games. There's a lot more season left to play before we can judge what this new roster really is.
We still need Byron, Armia, and Juulsen back to be able to see what this team can do.

Reactions: No More Subban
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->