GDT: Game #25 - 12.02.14 - at Toronto - 6:30 PM - FS Southwest+ - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
89 Goals Against. GOOD *****ING GAME.

Worst in the league.

This.

How can management look at that and think everything's hunky-dory? :help:

Dallas needs some serious defensive help, and fast. There's too much skill for them to be this ****ing pathetic on the back end.

Such a waste.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I think that game clinched it for me, I really don't like Hemsky. Yeah, he has some offensive skill, but his hockey IQ and his defensive game just suck. The eye test tells me he's a really bad puck possession guy this year. I could be wrong, but he makes so many stupid plays with and without the puck. Dude is a turnover machine.

While I'm at it, I'll just say that Nill sucks at free agency, make someone else do it.

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
This.

Dallas needs some serious defensive help, and fast. There's too much skill for them to be this ****ing pathetic on the back end.

Such a waste.

And nothing will change. Ruff will put it behind and say "Reboot"

Daniel M

Dec 2, 2014
I read these GDTs every night but I've never posted before. Tonight was so bad that I need to talk about it with someone. I seriously don't know if I can watch another game with Jordie on the ice. I miss Peverly, Nichuskin and Nemeth so much. Soooo much.

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
I read these GDTs every night but I've never posted before. Tonight was so bad that I need to talk about it with someone. I seriously don't know if I can watch another game with Jordie on the ice. I miss Peverly, Nichuskin and Nemeth so much. Soooo much.

Welcome, join in on our misery as well.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson

Welcome aboard. Sucks it had to be under these circumstances.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
This.

Such a waste.

I don't know how they expect to bring in a bunch of rookie defensemen and pair them with very flawed veterans/each other and have them do well. If we had a #1 guy then it's fine to bring in Klingberg and give him big minutes on the top pairing. If your rookie with 10 games played is expected to be the best defenseman on the team then you have a big ****ing problem because rookies, especially defenseman, make a ton of mistakes and can't carry their team. Klingberg is still doing okay but he's struggling because he's still a ****ing rookie and he's not a #1 yet and might not be for years. The idea that we're going to fill all of our defensive holes with rookies and be okay is a hugely ****ing flawed idea. Multiple rookies only works if the other defensemen don't suck which all of ours do.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX

Welcome to our board. Half of us want to win, the other want McJesus.

This game sucked.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Never fear Stars fans, Jordie Benn is here to save the defense.

Is there a team in the league that actually gives up more odd man chances than Dallas? Holy god they're awful defensively at the offensive blue line.

Goligoski is atrocious in the defensive zone.

Daley has no business being on the power play.

I wonder if Nemeth were healthy could 4 rookies, plus Deemers and say Connauton if he were still here actually be worse than these veterans plus two kids they put on the ice each night?

Eakin should be trade bait. As should everyone not named Seguin, Benn, Spezza, Roussel, Klingberg, Oleksiak and maybe Jokipakka. Seriously anyone else can go.

I also never want to hear another damn Canadian ever bash our attendance again. The lower bowl between the goalies was practically empty in Toronto. Can someone screenshot a picture of the 2nd period opening faceoff that showed row after row of empty seats please?

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
So I just met tom gaglardi on the streets of Toronto. I literally froze up and sai 'hey tom'. It was basically just me, tom, and his assistant on some empty corner. I was so mumbly and star struck, all he did was look at my jersey, look at me and say 'rough night for us', I said yeah, nodded, and he said see ya and walked off. Super surreal

embracedbias

Jan 11, 2009
Waterloo
Never fear Stars fans, Jordie Benn is here to save the defense.

Is there a team in the league that actually gives up more odd man chances than Dallas? Holy god they're awful defensively at the offensive blue line.

Goligoski is atrocious in the defensive zone.

Daley has no business being on the power play.

I wonder if Nemeth were healthy could 4 rookies, plus Deemers and say Connauton if he were still here actually be worse than these veterans plus two kids they put on the ice each night?

Eakin should be trade bait. As should everyone not named Seguin, Benn, Spezza, Roussel, Klingberg, Oleksiak and maybe Jokipakka. Seriously anyone else can go.

I also never want to hear another damn Canadian ever bash our attendance again. The lower bowl between the goalies was practically empty in Toronto. Can someone screenshot a picture of the 2nd period opening faceoff that showed row after row of empty seats please?

Leafs have sold out every game for years (decades?). The lower bowl seats (platinum) are very expensive and as a result are filled primarily with business types. They take their time getting back to their seats. Keep in mind that ~20k people every night means that there will be lines for everything.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
I mean if Nill can't figure out how to fix this with our two best players signed to significatly below value deals, 20 odd millions in cap space, and good cheap depth players in place already at positions for next year (Eakin, Roussel, Garbutt, Fiddler, Nichushkin, Sceviour, Demers, Klingberg) It's time to go another way.

What I'm saying is I can understand 1 year where everything seems to go against us - it's happened before to better teams. But next year Nill has the resources in cap space, prospects, and trade pieces to completely make over this roster any way he wants it. If there is still no meaningful success, it is past time for ownership to consider the options they have to effect change.

Stars90

Sep 24, 2013
Toronto
So I just met tom gaglardi on the streets of Toronto. I literally froze up and sai 'hey tom'. It was basically just me, tom, and his assistant on some empty corner. I was so mumbly and star struck, all he did was look at my jersey, look at me and say 'rough night for us', I said yeah, nodded, and he said see ya and walked off. Super surreal

Dude that's the dream! Congrats.

Seriously though, rough that he was in person for that.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Finally back from Toronto... lots of snow/water/ice on the ****ing highway + transport trucks. Thankfully I'm safe.

What a ****ing **** show. I mean, you really need to be at the rink to appreciate how bad of a ****ing team we truly are.

Tonight I got to witness:
  • Hemsky not give a ****. Seriously not a single ****. The guy has no desire to get the puck whatsoever.

• Jordie Benn's magnificent hockey skills. What a ****ing player.

• Cody Eakin and others take careless ****ing penalties all game long.

• Kari give up softies..... but also stood on his head. It could've been 12-3 without him in net if that counts for anything.... 20-3 if Lindsuck got 60 mins.

• 1000 blind passes into the middle of the ice. You have possession and what the **** do you do with the puck? Throw it into the middle of the ice, the Leafs grab it and turn it towards #32. Rinse. Repeat. What a ****ing ****show.

• And that defense..... hooooooh boy. It's a real ****ing treat to watch.

The only brightside is McDavid will save us.

ConnorMcDavid-640x427.jpg

I also got to meet Marty Turco (sat infront of me) and Walter Gretzky, so it wasn't the worst night of my life.

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
Holly ****ing **** this team sucks.

Oh well, at least I saw Spezza score...thats a positive for me.

This team has so many issues on so many levels that its irredeemable with one or two moves.

Getting McDavid might be an upgrade but its not going to make this team a contender...this team needs upgrade on every position INCLUDING management.

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Holly ****ing **** this team sucks.

Oh well, at least I saw Spezza score...thats a positive for me.

This team has so many issues on so many levels that its irredeemable with one or two moves.

Getting McDavid might be an upgrade but its not going to make this team a contender...this team needs upgrade on every position INCLUDING management.

To be fair, I think McDavid would make this team a contender

Benn - Spezza - Seguin
Nichushkin - McDavid - Hemsky/Ritchie/Dickinson

is nuts...

Our defense is coming too:

Nemeth, Klingberg, Honka, Oleksiak, Lindell...

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Tap the ****ing brakes.

I can understand suggesting that we need coaching changes, but management? Seriously?

Nill has done alright in the two big trades he has made, but most every other move he has made as GM outside of drafting Nichushkin (which fell to him) has been a flop in my opinion.

I think we will grow to really hate the Dillon for Demers trade as the worst of the bunch.. Brenden is looking amazing over in San Jose playing in a real defensive system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad