GDT: GAME #24 - Vanny @ Minny - 5:00 p.m., SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
One thing you can't fault booth is his worth ethic, He is just simply over payed for what he brings.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
At this point I think it's becoming apparent that Bieksa is even more important in the room.

I have no idea how the Canucks dressing room works, but it's pretty apparent they have a country club type atmosphere in there most of the time. Bieksa seems like he might hold guys accountable.

This team has played like ass since Manny got put on IR.

Pseudonymous*

i sure hope kassian and booth stick together. moreso, i hope kesler can come back and fit nicely with them and actually be apart of a line instead of him and a couple of guys to pick up the puck when he loses it

BC Boy

Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
Odd-man rushes for the opposition happen when you have to pinch to get back into the game. Canucks are gambling right now. We'll see if it burns them in the third or if it pays off. No one should be surprised about the occasional 2 on 1 here.

Tifosi

Feb 6, 2006
So the lines RIGHT now are

Sedins-Burrows
Booth-Higgins-Kassian
Raymond-Schoeder-Hansen
Sestito-Lappy-Weise

AV head slowly pulling out his A S S.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Is this something that could be done? It would be cool if there could occasionally be some discussion that didn't involve people demanding trades/firings.

I don't mind people wanting AV fired, but simply posting "fire AV" after every goal against is borderline spam to me. Give some analysis on why the last goal is AV's fault, I may not agree but at least it's substance.

Also sick of the revisionist history that's going on. People make it sound like AV has been driving this team into the ground since he started here. If a coaching change is needed, fine, but let's not ignore the fact that he's the most successful coach in this teams history. Sick of him getting 100% of the blame and 0# of the credit.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't mind people wanting AV fired, but simply posting "fire AV" after every goal against is borderline spam to me. Give some analysis on why the last goal is AV's fault, I my not agree but at least it's substance.

Also sick of the revisionist history that's going on. People make it sound like AV has been driving this team into the ground since he started here. If a coaching change is needed, fine, but let's not ignore the fact that he's the most successful coach in this teams history. Sick of him getting 100% of the blame and 0# of the credit.

Yup. Agreed.

Cocoa Crisp

Mar 8, 2006
NYC
This is kind of weird, but I'm somewhat encouraged by what I've seen this game. The team is looking decidedly less Vigneault-esque. They're taking the puck to the center and keeping the puck movement more fluid and less stationary. There'll be some growing pains as they figure out how to do this and not have the puck go back the other way so often. But at least they're trying something new. Like I said, it's encouraging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad