GDT: Game 24: Habs @ Nucks | Starter Pack | Mon. Mar. 8th, 10 PM ET -- SNP, TSN2, RDS

Will Danault score against the Nucks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Great GDT!

Have the Habs turned the corner? I feel like they've played really well defensively under DD and maybe the offense is starting to wake up??

Canucks are playing better than they were last time the Habs were in Vancouver, so should be a tough one tonight.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Great GDT!

Have the Habs turned the corner? I feel like they've played really well defensively under DD and maybe the offense is starting to wake up??

Canucks are playing better than they were last time the Habs were in Vancouver, so should be a tough one tonight.

I'm not ready to say the habs have turned the corner just yet, but technical improvements on the PK, and a larger sample size on the PP will go a long way in figuring that out.

I also think this team has alot of new peices, and I don't think they have discovered their identity yet. There are just alot of moving parts to this club right now, and hopefully they can stay in the top 4, and find themselves at the right time.

Reactions: Tuggy

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Great GDT!

In term of defense, the biggest change is that the Habs are spending less time in the PK really. But the systems are different (Julien was full zone coverage, Ducharme is a mix of zone coverage and man-to-man) and it seems to suite the players better.

Offensively, the last game was greatly helped by both Jets goalies (and Nathan Beaulieu) being bad. Otherwise, outside of KK's PP wave, there haven't been much offensive under Ducharme until the 2nd goal last night opened the valves.

Tonight will be a good test to see if that was a mirage or not, as Vancouver isn't really better, it's their goalie who is hot. Which could be a problem for the Habs. :laugh:

Reactions: Canad13ns

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Awesome GDT Runner, wish the poll didn't close but I vote NO on Da "NO" :naughty:

An easy habs win here to cement them as pretender contenders again before being beaten repeatedly by much stronger teams? :deadhorse

OH well, enjoy the nearly free two points habs.. :handclap:

GHG!

Reactions: Canad13ns

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Nicely done on the GDT:thumbu:

Nucks were still trying to find their identity at the beginning of the season,playing like garbage. Not sure if they were a hockey team or another enterprise. Can't help noticing the colors are of a similar color scheme.

upload_2021-3-8_9-53-49.jpeg

upload_2021-3-8_9-56-26.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2021-3-8_9-54-8.jpeg
    upload_2021-3-8_9-54-8.jpeg
    7.7 KB · Views: 2

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Hopefully they don't expect these games to be easy wins. They just beat Leafs back-to-back without giving up many goals.

Toffoli can't possibly keep scoring against them at the rate he has...it's getting crazy. :laugh:

Reactions: angusyoung

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
A good hat trick by Toffoli tonight will tie him to best goal scorer in the league.

The rocket richard trophy is his this year!
Imagine? Not sure that is a marketable storyline for the league though. Tee up more PP time for the laffs!

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Great GDT thread, we are very blessed.

Hoping the boys come out flying tonight and build on the momentum. I have liked the way the team looked the last two games.

Reactions: Runner77

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Thank god I don't have to listen to Fat Dan Robertson or Gary Galley. The ONLY good crew on Sportsnet will call the game tonight. God I hate sportsnet. I'm tired of TSN 2 as well

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Thank god I don't have to listen to Fat Dan Robertson or Gary Galley. The ONLY good crew on Sportsnet will call the game tonight. God I hate sportsnet. I'm tired of TSN 2 as well
You don't like when Pierre Houde scream "ET C'EST LE BUUUUUT !!" ?
I love so much hearing that. If you don't speak french, it's a pleasant way to learn it.

Sometimes I watch a game half asleep after an hard day of work and then I hear et c'est le buuuuut!
I wake up after and stay awake until 11 pm. I happened when I was litterally sleeping. Hearing that gives me a dose of adrenaline, the best drug ever (after s*x, lol).

Last edited:

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
In term of defense, the biggest change is that the Habs are spending less time in the PK really. But the systems are different (Julien was full zone coverage, Ducharme is a mix of zone coverage and man-to-man) and it seems to suite the players better.

Offensively, the last game was greatly helped by both Jets goalies (and Nathan Beaulieu) being bad. Otherwise, outside of KK's PP wave, there haven't been much offensive under Ducharme until the 2nd goal last night opened the valves.

Tonight will be a good test to see if that was a mirage or not, as Vancouver isn't really better, it's their goalie who is hot. Which could be a problem for the Habs. :laugh:
Always funny when a fan from the East comments on the Nucks. Outside of when we face each other I doubt you've watched much of the Nucks.
Yes Demko is playing very well but one of the reasons is because how much better the D has been. On paper our D is much better than last season and the way they are playing now is what most people had hoped for. Hamonic since returning has been as effective as Tanev was and Nate is part of one of the best shutdown pairings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad