GDT: Game 24: Habs @ Nucks | Starter Pack | Mon. Mar. 8th, 10 PM ET -- SNP, TSN2, RDS

Will Danault score against the Nucks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This season, facing the Nucks, has been like a balm. The Habs' best games were against them.

Luckily, the Habs are coming off a laugher against the Jets and it was a huge coming out party -- it's as if they had been looking for an outlet and found one.

Meantime, the Nucks may no longer be the Nucks from the start of the season -- they've been showing teeth, disposing of the Laffs twice in consecutive games.

Given the struggles the Habs have had since those early season Nuck games, it brought to the fore some age-old issues that seemed to have been overcome when the team was winning but now, they have become glaring weaknesses that were never fully attended to.

How did we get here? And what could have been had different decisions been taken from the start of Bergevin's tenure in May, 2012?

We did some digging and managed to get our hands on the GM starter kit that was handed to Bergevin by ownership, detailing a roadmap to success ...

QUUz2Sx.png

Kind of an odd looking box. But then, when you open it ...

MknDuj0.jpg

You can see a folded oversized paper at the bottom, looks like a chart with photos.

Unfolding that chart ...

iAijqFo.gif

Wait a minute, can this be right? This is exactly how Bergevin's tenure has played out!

Was Bergevin sabotaged? And if so, by whom?

We're working to find out, but in the meantime, we did get our hands on the starter kit Bergevin should have received, that first day on the job .

Turns out, the real box would have contained this ...

XRKsuQ9.jpg

Habs Lineup:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Suzuki - Armia
Toffoli - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Lehkonen - Evans - Perry

Chiarot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Kulak - Romanov

Price
Allen

Nucks Lineup:

We still don't know who the culprit is behind Bergevin's sabotage, but we suspect it may have been another candidate who lost out on the Habs' GM job.

So, we've enlisted the help of warrior Ryu to get us to the bottom of it and so far, all he could come up with, is a blurred image.

4EeDgQT.gif

A bogus poll has been added for shits and giggles cause people just like voting on polls.

GHG!

Last edited:

AyyoCully

Oct 14, 2019
It's terrific! But I'll need some help. For starts, who's the old guy with the tongue depressor, or rancid popsicle? I really haven't been following the team closely for a couple of years.

I think you’re talking about Michel Therrien... one of our old head coaches. he’s a legend and one of the best coaches to ever coach the habs

idk i’m drunk.

edit: nvm you’re not talking about him lol

Reactions: Runner77

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Honestly, since Molson tripled down on Bergevin and equally worse, the team opted for a few playoff games instead of a very good chance at the best FC player in decades, I've lost my interest. The two teams that had gone the longest without the 1st OA pick were the Rangers and the Habs. I knew the NHL would gift one of them with the pick. I was correct.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Honestly, since Molson tripled down on Bergevin and equally worse, the team opted for a few playoff games instead of a very good chance at the best FC player in decades, I've lost my interest. The two teams that had gone the longest without the 1st OA pick were the Rangers and the Habs. I knew the NHL would gift one of them with the pick. I was correct.

Not true. Habs picked Doug Wickenheiser in 1980 and Lafleur in 1971, while teams like Vancouver, Calgary and Carolina/Hartford never ever picked 1st overall.

Reactions: Rapala

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The habs and canucks have played 5 games, and I think the overall record for the habs is 4-0-1.

Not only are the canucks due for a regulation win, but they are playing their best hockey right now, with demko dialed in.

I'm thinking regulation loss for the habs here. It has to happen against Vancouver at some point, just like the habs have to win a damn OT game at some point. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad