Clarence Center, NY
31 fanbases right now:

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
While there isn't much on the Leafs team that I would find interesting, signing Carrier back for 4th line duties and seeing if they could dangle something to get Whitecloud on that amazing contract would both interest me.

Stephenson burned money with how he struggled this year and I wonder if he's the same guy away from Stone.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Without a team to root for I spend my rounds rooting against teams I hate most instead.

Head a very good round 1.

Now to turn 100 percent of my energy towards rooting against Boston
I basically dislike to hate everyone who isn’t us, Daniel Plainsview style.

Reactions: NotABadPeriod

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I can't even muster the energy to root against other teams anymore. I've lost my love of the schadenfruede. Just another casualty in this ongoing an historic payoff slump.

Reactions: Diaspora

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I can't even muster the energy to root against other teams anymore. I've lost my love of the schadenfruede. Just another casualty in this ongoing an historic payoff slump.
My therapist says I should have limits on the amount of hate I have for other hockey teams. I keep proving her wrong (out of spite).

Hoping Carolina gets beat by NYR after four D-men go down, Boston loses and Marchand suffers a major injury, Dallas loses in game 6 to the Avs on a botched goal review, and the Oilers lose in some kind of way that makes McDavid want to bolt for Buffalo. All kinds of wrongs can be made right in the next two weeks...if only my hatred can manifest itself properly.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I haven't watched the playoffs since I got rid of cable (4-5 years...... or maybe since the Sabres were in even).

Got Sling for playoffs. Enjoying rooting against teams this year!

Rangers Carolina game was boring because I was rooting against both teams at the same time. 🤷‍♂️

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Some of the hate you guys have for the Leafs and their fanbase seems quite unhealthy. Sure they can get annoying but what fanbase doesn't? You just notice the Leafs more because they have more fans surrounding western NY and the border.

If you ask Leaf fans, most don't consider the Sabres as rivals, that is between the Leaf fans and Montreal fans. Most Leaf fans acknowledge that Buffalo seems to always have their number.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Some of the hate you guys have for the Leafs and their fanbase seems quite unhealthy. Sure they can get annoying but what fanbase doesn't? You just notice the Leafs more because they have more fans surrounding western NY and the border.

If you ask Leaf fans, most don't consider the Sabres as rivals, that is between the Leaf fans and Montreal fans. Most Leaf fans acknowledge that Buffalo seems to always have their number.

I hate the Leafs because I get nothing but their media simply because I’m in Ontario. I know almost as much about their team as I do the Sabres.

TLDR: f*** the Leafs

Reactions: sabremike

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Thanks for the input

Reactions: Dirty Dog

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

The level of fandom that most people have, especially in sports, is unhealthy, and without statistics at hand, I'm willing to bet it has shortened many of lives just based on the amount anger it has produced from people.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Not saying that I am happy that Jack is out.

But I'm not not happy.
NEVER WON IN AN ELIMINATION GAME. I can hear the narratives now.

That said, I had flashbacks to the NCAA championship game where he couldn't get his team over the finish line. Already having a cup ring is going to help him sleep at night considering he missed that open net with his back-hand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad