GDT: Game 24: BOS @ MTL | Un Match Classique | Nov. 26, 2019 7:00pm ET, TSN2 RDS, NESN (MOD WARNING #1)

How Many Leads Will We Blow?

Votes: 55 47.8%

Votes: 14 12.2%

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 3+

Votes: 34 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
This is why I understand if Molson doesn't want to tank.

Montreal fans don't show up for a loser. We're too emotionally invested. We don't want to go see a lousy, losing team, especially for 3 to 5 years in a row. Tanking would be disastrous financially imo.

I don't get this...
Which franchise will sell out every night and make high sales on merch when tanking? Not a single one.
But if ANY team can survive going through a tank, it's Montreal. Also, where is your proof/evidence that if Mtl tanks, they actually become an unprofitable business?
You know the Habs was still doing great with ticket sales during the dark Houle years right? During our bad bottom finishes, we also were still selling out most games.

So what do you mean things would be ''disastrous financially'?? You are aware that when we finished at the bottom just 2 years ago, we had a record high in revenue? Just because you can spot some empty seats at the Bell Center doesn't mean Habs are actually doing bad man.
Montreal would be doing just A-Okay if we tanked for a couple years....you are 100% off the mark on this one. You just swallowed up this fake BS narrative brought forth solely by the media. I don't know how or when it originated and who's responsible for it, but it's such f***ing garbage.
Montreal would be completely fine with a rebuild and so would the city.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Well if they miss this season, it'd be 4/5 years out of playoffs while trying to make it. There is no transparent plan so why should people assume change. A tank is a least a plan/something to hope for. I think it will garner much more interest.

People might appreciate a plan. But that doesn't mean they'll show up to see a loser. I could see them just waiting until the team is competitive again to show up.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
I don't get this...
Which franchise will sell out every night and make high sales on merch when tanking? Not a single one.
But if ANY team can survive going through a tank, it's Montreal. Also, where is your proof/evidence that if Mtl tanks, they actually become an unprofitable business?
You know the Habs was still doing great with ticket sales during the dark Houle years right? During our bad bottom finishes, we also were still selling out most games.

So what do you mean things would be ''disastrous financially'?? You are aware that when we finished at the bottom just 2 years ago, we had a record high in revenue?
Montreal would be doing just A-Okay if we tanked for a couple years....you are 100% off the mark on this one. You just swallowed up this fake BS narrative brought forth solely by the media. I don't know how or when it originated and who's responsible for it, but it's such ****ing garbage.
Montreal would be completely fine with a rebuild and so would the city.
100% agree with this
The same type of people that believe the garbage that the management spews to gullible fans "if we just make the playoffs anything can happen "
The same management and media that creates bull shit narrative that fans will never accept a rebuild. They say that because they want fans to think we have hope of making the playoffs where anything can happen so people continue to just go to games and spend money. That is why fans should refuse to go to the games until a proper rebuild is done.
We only need to draft high for the next 2-3 years and I believe with the current prospects we can be a very good team in the near future. Otherwise, we will forever be stuck spinning our wheels and accepting a garbage team who just cares to sell tickets and products by selling us on hopium.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
People might appreciate a plan. But that doesn't mean they'll show up to see a loser. I could see them just waiting until the team is competitive again to show up.

Sadly they're losing/missing playoffs regardless of tanking or not. Basically same result minus fruits of tanks.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sorry man, I just work a lot and took a chunk out of my time off this weekend to work on it so when I came on and seen one this morning I was rattled :laugh:

It's only a GDT, not life and death. :laugh:

We had the immediate involvement of a hands-on Mod who made everything right within minutes. I love it when issues are resolved so quickly.

Enjoy the game.

GHG!

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Actually 2 mods :laugh:

In that case, double kudos so as to cover you both. Fantastic job!!!

I felt really bad for Gally11 and greatly appreciated how quickly you resolved it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Match classique...but not sold out.

They'll find a way, like they did with the Ticketmaster blunder and charged that guy in the other thread, for multiple tickets he had not ordered. :handclap:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Voted 0 in the poll.
There will be no lead.

That's right up dino's alley.

Tmld9eO.gif

Reactions: dinodebino

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
This is why I understand if Molson doesn't want to tank.

Montreal fans don't show up for a loser. We're too emotionally invested. We don't want to go see a lousy, losing team, especially for 3 to 5 years in a row. Tanking would be disastrous financially imo.

I see it differently. I see fans being sick and tired of the team spinning it's wheels and being a middle of the pack mediocre team every year and having no real direction which means nothing will change. If the Habs committed to a real rebuild and said so at least the fans would see that the Habs are finally trying to change things instead of the plan they are currently trying to go with which isn't working either.

At least with completely bottoming out and losing they have a chance at high draft picks and getting some long overdue elite talent finally to give fans something to look forward too. Bottoming out and losing is better than being mediocre and still losing IMO.

Probably the best thing that could happen to the Habs is if Price demanded a trade forcing the Habs to finally go full rebuild instead of trying to continue riding Price and hoping to remain a little competitive. This strategy hasn't previously worked and I doubt it will going forward as Price and Weber continue to get older.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I fear the energy levels and negatively if we lose this game. It would almost be the end of the world for sure. People just don't like roller coaster rides I guess and you know that feeling of gradually working your way up the steep incline? click, click, click... and then zoom, down you go. If we loose this game, i swear it will feel like we derailed at the bottom somewhere :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I see it differently. I see fans being sick and tired of the team spinning it's wheels and being a middle of the pack mediocre team every year and having no real direction which means nothing will change. If the Habs committed to a real rebuild and said so at least the fans would see that the Habs are finally trying to change things instead of the plan they are currently trying to go with which isn't working either.

At least with completely bottoming out and losing they have a chance at high draft picks and getting some long overdue elite talent finally to give fans something to look forward too. Bottoming out and losing is better than being mediocre and still losing IMO.

Probably the best thing that could happen to the Habs is if Price demanded a trade forcing the Habs to finally go full rebuild instead of trying to continue riding Price and hoping to remain a little competitive. This strategy hasn't previously worked and I doubt it will going forward as Price and Weber continue to get older.

Like I mentioned in another thread, as we wait for the org. to embark on its fabled 3 to 8 year extravaganza, give us a franchise player who is not a goalie. Would at least create some excitement. And yes, I know they're not available. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: sheed36 and jj cale

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Like I mentioned in another thread, as we wait for the org. to embark on its fabled 3 to 8 year extravaganza, give us a franchise player who is not a goalie. Would make at least create some excitement. And yes, I know they're not available. :D

Our only hope is ...

- Price is Price all the way till 38
- Primeau turns into a starting goalie and we flip him for a valuable piece we need. Or we are able to trade Price and Keep Primeau. Regardless, I expect some sort of overlap where we have both for a year or two.
- Suzuki and Caufield are a dynamic dual and 100 pt threats
- And if not Hall, we get someone like that as a UFA some day lol.
- Kotkaniemi and Poehling are impact centers
- We have our young defense men reach their potential... Romanov, Norlinder, Brook, Fleury, Harris, Juulsen, Mete

That it. That's all we need to be a contender lol.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I'm pretty sure the fans would understand. Most of the fans knows that we are not doing anything right now in the last 5 years. People are not that dumb. If the rangers and leafs said it and fans waited idk why mtl would be that different.

They could always lower the ticket price during the rebuild. Also when you rebuild doesn't mean you put 20 Jordan weal on the ice.

I don't agree to resign petry and Tatar and maybe even Gallagher depending how much he asks. Price is not even doing good this season. Tampa and Toronto will catch us. It's question of time.

We could fetch so many assets with some players . Also the draft is in Montreal. Why not please the fans for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad