GDT: Game 24: BOS @ MTL | Un Match Classique | Nov. 26, 2019 7:00pm ET, TSN2 RDS, NESN (MOD WARNING #1)

How Many Leads Will We Blow?

Votes: 55 47.8%

Votes: 14 12.2%

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 3+

Votes: 34 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Mod edit: A reminder not that tanking / anti-Habs posts will not be tolerated in the GDT. Warnings and thread bans will be handed out as necessary

GDTBostonHabs.png

I see another GDT there but I signed up for it and my name is on the schedule. You can decide what one to keep.

Cheers,

Last edited by a moderator:

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Thank you for adding some humor to this horror show.excellent montages :thumbu:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Runner77

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
One thing consistent so far is that every game has been unpredictable. Such fun. Go :habs Go!
Cool GDT btw! Good job! I liked Cheers

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
GDTBostonHabs.png

I see another GDT there but I signed up for it and my name is on the schedule. You can decide what one to keep.

Cheers,
Are those actual lines or just a guess because if Reilly isn't scratched after the garbage performances hes put in the last couple games theres a big problem

Reactions: Runner77

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Like clockwork the rookie will score against us the same as rookie goalies are guaranteed to have a great game against us

We lack power forwards and trigger men who can shoot. Caufield is a start and I like Armia in the mix. However... I think teams that force us to the perimeter can limit our ability to score. It's been a trend for a long time now. Who are the snipers? Who are the power forwards? I think I like the way our D is shaping out or the potential it has but work is required with the forward group

Reactions: habsfan891

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The Habs PK is atrocious... Jesus Christ.

Watch how we lack physical strength... we are good at times creating havoc and turnovers but when there is puck battles, we lose them 75% or more and the team regains possession.

Take away our time and space in our forward group and they are easily neutralized

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
I'll try to update lines after more news about lines come out, feels like they both could go through a bit of a blender

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Watch how we lack physical strength... we are good at times creating havoc and turnovers but when there is puck battles, we lose them 75% or more and the team regains possession.

Take away our time and space in our forward group and they are easily neutralized

They're also not that talented - especially with Drouin out and the Byron from years past M.I.A.
Weal , Cousins, Thompson, Lehkonen, Armia, Hudon is two lines of low-offensive IQ players. That may be fine if you have elite players in your top six. But since we don't, we really need depth of offensive players, especially on the 3rd line.

Gotta hope Drouin-KK and Suzuki-Domi duos, plus the first line, can provide that when Drouin gets back. But KK with two plugs won't do it. In fact, those duos really should be trios. But MB passed on the plethora of mid level offensive wingers the last two summers. And this is what we get.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They're also not that talented - especially with Drouin out and the Byron from years past M.I.A.
Weak, Cousins, Thompson, Lehkonen, Armia, Hudon is two lines of low-offensive IQ players. That may be fine if you have elite players in your top six. But since we don't, we really need depth of offensive players, especially on the 3rd line.

Gotta hope Drouin-KK and Suzuki-Domi duos, plus the first line, can provide that when Drouin gets back.

I think they can weather the storm until Drouin comes back but it don't change my perception of our team being a middle of the pack team trying to knock on the top 10 door here and there. Games are going to get more tougher as systems are figured out and our lack of physical strength in our forward group has been a concern of mine for a while now. I want players than can both skate and win battles. Skill goes without even asking

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think they can weather the storm until Drouin comes back but it don't change my perception of our team being a middle of the pack team trying to knock on the top 10 door here and there. Games are going to get more tougher as systems are figured out and our lack of physical strength in our forward group has been a concern of mine for a while now. I want players than can both skate and win battles. Skill goes without even asking

Yeah, I really wanted Byron moved because we already have a lot of small forwards in the top 9 that take priority over him (Gallagher, Tatar, Domi, Drouin, Suzuki).

But our GM was on tsn690 and he said Paulie Byron is a guy you win with. What does that even mean??? Just because he's got character, he's a guy you win with???? Kovalev has a stanley cup. You need a variety of players. Him saying that, combined with him saying he had no interest whatsoever in a player like Nyquist, said a lot to me. He used to value character over everything. Now it's character and speed. Skill and size are so far behind, in practice they're almost non-factors for him.

I would like big, fast, skilled players. But while waiting for Poehling and KK, I would have liked to have seen available players like Skinner, Perron, MoJo, Dzingle, Nyquist, and Duclair be playing with KK, Domi, and Suzuki in the top 9. When you don't have an elite line, the 3rd line has to be skilled. A good 4th line with players like Lehkonen, Armia, and Byron can also help.

Reactions: habsfan891

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
GDTBostonHabs.png

Cheers,

Re: the poll question, heard on the radio that 4 teams this year have blown 4-0 leads. And, there's also a record number of teams losing after leading. So, it seems it's part of the new, younger, faster, more wide open NHL.

Reactions: Gally11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad