GDT: Game 23: Wings at hawks 8:00 pm et (FSD) 2/27/21

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Is that more a short term type thing, or could be anything?
It didn't look that bad, that's all I can say. No idea how many games.

Bruise soft tissue, it's a week at most but if you bruise a bone it hurts for a lot longer. I know that from personal experience.

Reactions: Oddbob

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It didn't look that bad, that's all I can say. No idea how many games.

Bruise soft tissue, it's a week at most but if you bruise a bone it hurts for a lot longer. I know that from personal experience.

Sounds same what Seider had. What was he out, 10 days?

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
What an idiotic post.

Blashill is THE reason why things are looking better.

LMFAOOOO keep drinking the kool aid buddy
Your post is the dumbest post of the century.
The team just scored their 1st powerplay goal in 41 attempts and won back to back games for the first time this entire f***ing season and you giving Blashill credit for this?
Bernier standing on his f***ing head is the reason the team is looking better. Fabbri and Ryan playing well is why the team is looking better. Svech coming in scoring a goal and setting up another after sitting on the f***ing taxi squad and not playing is the reason the team is looking better.

But Blashill the same guy in this game that put Nielsen out on a 6 on 5, the guy who had Brome stapled the top line and powerplay, the guy who took forever to sit a lazy effort Mantha, the guy who sent Smith and Hirose down when they playing well.

And all the other f***ing stupid things he has done this season, last season and every f***ing season he has been here is the reason the team is playing better?

My friend you need to stop watching hockey immediately because you do not understand the sport.

Last edited:

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
The team just scored their 1st powerplay goal in 41 attempts and won back to back games for the first time this entire f***ing season and you giving Blashill credit for this?
Bernier standing on his f***ing head is the reason the team is looking better. Fabbri and Ryan playing well is why the team is looking better. Svech coming in scoring a goal and setting up another after sitting on the f***ing taxi squad and not playing is the reason the team is looking better.

But Blashill the same guy in this game that put Nielsen out on a 6 on 5, the guy who had Brome stapled the top line and powerplay, the guy who took forever to sit a lazy effort Mantha, the guy who sent Smith and Hirose down when they playing well.

And all the other f***ing stupid things he has done this season, last season and every f***ing season he has been here is the reason the team is playing better?

My friend you need to stop watching hockey immediately because you do not understand the sport.
So, criticism when things go bad but no praise when things go well?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Yzerman did sign Brome. Blashill tried to make him work. Now that guy is benched. Coach did what coach was supposed to do. Make it work. It didn't, now he executes another plan. That's how the process will go. Nothing to see in here.

Whining about everything isn't any solution.

Players doing all the good things and coach doing all the bad things is so moronic view of hockey that I can't nothing but laugh for you. :D

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I'm pretty sure he would have to go through waivers since it's been 30 days. Good chance he'd get claimed.

I don’t think this is how the taxi squad works when you’ve been sitting on it every day prior. I think players are free to be activated on game day and returned to the taxi squad. Not 100% on this though

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
So, Ryan overtook Larkin as team points leader, both with 22 games. Not something I expected.
When everyone is healthy I like to see
Fabbri-Larkin-Rayan
Bert -Namestnikov-Mantha
Erny-Gleny-Helm
And sit Mantha for a game or 2

Last edited:
Reactions: DetroitRed

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
So, criticism when things go bad but no praise when things go well?

You think they practised Djoos' move on the powerplay, you think Blashill deserves credit for putting Svech in at game 23 of the season, you think Blashill deserves credit for Bernier playing literally the best of his career?

No he doesn't deserve any credit for those things. The players elevated their play because the best player was out of the lineup. The leafs did it last night too by shutting out Edmonton.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Fabbri deserves a lot of props. I had my doubts about him at center but he's actually played really well, plus he works his ass off

He is going to be a nice piece to have moving forward when more talent arrives
Exactly. I've been optimistic about him since Day 1, even wanted Blash to try him @ C when he first arrived, glad he got the opportunity & is seizing it. Offensive production, mobile, good attitude, decent defensively + now FO's improving too. Reminds me of a younger Trocheck, but not as physical. Glad Trocheck bounced back.

I'm hoping to see: Bert-Fabbri-Zadina for a 10gm+ tryout as L2.

*(Mantha)-Larkin-Ryan as L1, while Mantha regains near max trade value, then Fed-Ex him outta here. Next yr we can run Raymond-Larkin- Ryan?/UFA

Last edited:

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
You think they practised Djoos' move on the powerplay, you think Blashill deserves credit for putting Svech in at game 23 of the season, you think Blashill deserves credit for Bernier playing literally the best of his career?

No he doesn't deserve any credit for those things. The players elevated their play because the best player was out of the lineup. The leafs did it last night too by shutting out Edmonton.
Players get all the credit when they excel. Coaches get all the blame when they don't. Got it.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Wings with 10 goals in the last 2 games. Larkin was out and Mantha didn't contribute at all.

giphy.gif

Maybe this is a sign that we trade both Larkin AND Mantha? It might make us instant contenders. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Realgud

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I don’t think this is how the taxi squad works when you’ve been sitting on it every day prior. I think players are free to be activated on game day and returned to the taxi squad. Not 100% on this though
I'm not sure either, I haven't seen a copy of the actual taxi rule on the web yet. With the CBA, I can actually look stuff up, but everything with the taxi squad rule is second hand from the media. I find it annoying TBH.

LeftWingLocked

Feb 24, 2018
I wouldn’t mind if Larkin was out 10 games just to see the team play without him. I always felt he was overhyped because he was a local player. Besides apologizing after every game for losses, he hasn’t really done much and peaked out a few years ago. Time will tell

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Wings with 10 goals in the last 2 games. Larkin was out and Mantha didn't contribute at all.

giphy.gif

Maybe this is a sign that we trade both Larkin AND Mantha? It might make us instant contenders. :sarcasm:
Or those 2 needs different coach, time for change

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad