GDT: Game 23: Wings at hawks 8:00 pm et (FSD) 2/27/21

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I do not want Smith and Svech on the same line, that would be a defensive nightmare. Both are too slow to skate back, they're will be too many odd man rushes.

Mostly that kind of line will start from the own end, so that more of pushing the puck from DEF to OFF zone, than vise versa. Could think that kind of usage minimizes odd man rushes.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Mostly that kind of line will start from the own end, so that more of pushing the puck from DEF to OFF zone, than vise versa. Could think that kind of usage minimizes odd man rushes.
They're more than likely to get hemmed in the D-zone, Smith is the only one in that group that wins board battles. It's a bad line combo.

I'd rather see Svech on the second line, because Bobby and Robby are both good 2 way players that can feed him the puck.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Hey Blashill are you watching this game you motherf***er? Svech has played better in the game then the majority of the forwards on Detroit this year.

You are a terrrrrible coach for leaving this kid on the taxi squad not playing as the team floundered. We are in a rebuild you f***ing moron. Let the young players play.

Svech better be in the lineup for the next 10 games at least. Let him play some NHL games let him grow and prove he belongs.

And if he plays like shit then send him down to GR after 10 games not 1 game or 1 bad play.

What an idiotic post.

Blashill is THE reason why things are looking better.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
So, Ryan overtook Larkin as team points leader, both with 22 games. Not something I expected.

That's kind of bad for Larkin, but don't really care cause of rebuild reasons.

Ryan as the points leader could fetch a great return at the deadline. Bargain caphit and rarely any team sells their point-leader at the deadline.

Reactions: DetroitRed

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
That's kind of bad for Larkin, but don't really care cause of rebuild reasons.

Ryan as the points leader could fetch a great return at the deadline. Bargain caphit and rarely any team sells their point-leader at the deadline.

Yes I agree, I think they got Ryan with the intent of trading him at the trade deadline and that seems like a great decision now.

I had been thinking that trading Ryan is iffy, depending on his production (which hasn't been spectacular in recent years), but he's performed very well for us. He should bring some trade interest.

Of course, the down side to him overtaking Larkin in points is that it tells us Larkin's game is a little off. I didn't expect to see Ryan overtake him or see Hronek ahead of Larkin in assists. Maybe Bert's absence has something to do with it.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Anyone know the injury to Larkin? In last game he stopped taking faceoffs at one point, so I'm assuming hand or wrist/arm related. Didn't watch tonight, did they talk about how long he will be out. Glad we won, and nice to see Svech do well in 12 minutes of ice time. Mantha wants to be a 30 goal scorer, yet he never scores, hardly shoots, and floats so very very much. He must have read AA's hockey book.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Anyone know the injury to Larkin? In last game he stopped taking faceoffs at one point, so I'm assuming hand or wrist/arm related. Didn't watch tonight, did they talk about how long he will be out. Glad we won, and nice to see Svech do well in 12 minutes of ice time. Mantha wants to be a 30 goal scorer, yet he never scores, hardly shoots, and floats so very very much. He must have read AA's hockey book.
They showed a replay during the game, it looked like he took a crosscheck to the left (IIRC) elbow or forearm. Probably a deep bruise.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
They showed a replay during the game, it looked like he took a crosscheck to the left (IIRC) elbow or forearm. Probably a deep bruise.

Is that more a short term type thing, or could be anything?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad