Post-Game Talk: GAME 23 - and the caissons go rolling along - BRUINS 5 Avalanche 1 F

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Zacha is shooting at 7.3%. His career average is 10.7 so hopefully there’s a correction coming, and the shots he’s missing now are going to start going in.

To add to that at 5v5 this year has an ixG of 3.2, but has only scored 1 goal at 5v5. If he had those other 2 goals a 5v5 it would bring his S% up around 12.1% which is right around his average over the last 3 years of 11.5% shooting.

Reactions: PlayMakers

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Not dirty. Don't touch Linus or Sway.

Colorado's media wants retribution LOL

Colorado can go pound sand. Mac was protecting Linus from another injury. Even if a penalty had been called on Mac I would want him & his teammates to do the same thing every single time.

Now if we could just get Cliffy to stop running into our goalies everything would be fine....

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Avs fans are used to soft hockey :p. Probably the softest team to win a cup in a long time. Fans don’t know that when you go near another teams goalie you’re basically guaranteed to get crushed. Unfortunate there was an injury tho. Colorados roster is already decimated.

Reactions: BMC

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Avs fans are used to soft hockey :p. Probably the softest team to win a cup in a long time. Fans don’t know that when you go near another teams goalie you’re basically guaranteed to get crushed. Unfortunate there was an injury tho. Colorados roster is already decimated.

So naive, those Avs fans.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
It's terrific fun, isn't it? I've experienced it once before - my local rugby team had an outstanding stretch where they won 5 championships in 14 years, and at the beginning of that run in particular they just had such an awesome team with a core of guys who you already knew were future HOFers and a whole group that was very likeable - it was clear they were going places. So very similar to the Bruins except the core was younger.

Boston's not going to have the sustained run of success that that team had, but just this year alone is one to savor. This group is one the special ones, let's see where they end up.
Obviously being a huge Patriots fan, I’ve experienced one of the great dynasties in NFL and sports history. I was a hardcore Patriots fan in the early ‘90s when I was the only Patriots fan I knew! Needless to say that when the patriots were crushing it, I was a pretty happy guy. Life was grand.

When the Bruins are winning, it’s different, though. Even when they won in 2011, the Bruins’ fan base felt smaller and more “family-like” as opposed to the circus that surrounded the Patriots after they started winning. The way the teams are covered is different, too. The Patriots have been on the cover of Sports Illustrated over a dozen times since 2001, but in 2011, the Bruins weren’t on the cover even when they won the Cup (SI did give them a commemorative special issue that was sold here in Massachusetts. Very nice of them).

I’d like to see the Bruins get a little more respect both here in Massachusetts and nationally. If they march to the Stanley Cup championship the way Sherman marched through Georgia, then maybe they’ll get their due.

I also think that if the Bruins address the center position (long-term) and re-sign David Pastranak, they can compete for the Cup until the end of the decade. But that’s for another discussion, my friend. :)

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Manson is a tough guy but he will have to get in line before he gets to McAvoy

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I read through the Colorado GDT and they think Charlie Mac is dirty and needs to get pounded. I did not see the game.

What does everyone think?
He outplayed Makar.

Oh, and he was tangled up with a player in the crease. The player was falling forward into Ullmark so he pivoted his weight backwards and ended up WWEing the guy backwards onto the ice. The player did not return. No penalty.

So, yeah. They are mad.

Reactions: Ladyfan and Kegs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad