Post-Game Talk: GAME 23 - and the caissons go rolling along - BRUINS 5 Avalanche 1 F

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
2008-9 Had Bitz in the top 6 and the D was solid but slow. ...They had the schedule, and for maybe the first time, the refs with them.
09 D was the worst puck moving D on a first place team, maybe ever.

Chara, Ward, Wideman, Hnidy, Stuart, Montador were your playoff top6. They were our achilles heel that year.

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
Bruins left wingers:

Marchand - 15 games 7-12-19 +6
Hall - 23 games 8-8-16 +5
Zacha - 23 games 3-13-16 +7
Foligno - 23 games 4-9-13 +7

Clearly Marchand is on a different level. But Hall, Zacha and Foligno are all putting up similar numbers while having 3 distinctly different playing styles. Foligno's numbers may be most impressive considering he's playing mostly on the 4th line and getting much less ice time.
And Zacha has had a lot of good chances to score. He is way due for a big goal game.

Reactions: PlayMakers

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
Too bad Pi
Cassidy game tomorrow should be interesting
Too bad Pietrangelo is out. I hope Eichel plays. Don’t want any excuses for the absolute ass kicking I’m hoping the B’s are about to lay on them.
If I was Vegas, I would not be looking forward to this one.

Reactions: BMC

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Freddy or Clifton is my choice, Paying a guy 3.8m to play on the fourth line and be happy he's playing well is what I would expect. Foligno has been great let's hope it keeps up.
I see what I think you are seeing. In PO the intimidating factor comes in line especially in the crease (offence and defence). But I kind of like our D core as we had last night. I do beleive we will need a kind of intimidating presence at some point. Not sur it cain't be up front. We shall see.

Too bad Pi

Too bad Pietrangelo is out. I hope Eichel plays. Don’t want any excuses for the absolute ass kicking I’m hoping the B’s are about to lay on them.
If I was Vegas, I would not be looking forward to this one.
Personally I don't care who plays on Vegas. With or without Eichel or Pietrangelo.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I read through the Colorado GDT and they think Charlie Mac is dirty and needs to get pounded. I did not see the game.

What does everyone think?

Reactions: aguineapig

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I read through the Colorado GDT and they think Charlie Mac is dirty and needs to get pounded. I did not see the game.

They should be complaining about Greer with 2:30 left in the game not McAvoy crease clearing. Their guy got hurt from
McAvoy taking him out, and they have a lot of injuries so I get their frustration, but it was a the kind of thing the happens in desperation situations around the goal all the time.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
2008-9 Had Bitz in the top 6 and the D was solid but slow. ...They had the schedule, and, for maybe the first time, the refs with them.
pretty sure bitz was on 4th line and that was in secobd half of the year
top 3 lines were
lucic savard kessel
sturm/kobasew bergy recchi
ryder krejci wheeler
axelsson yelle thornton

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Charlie was very physical in the first period in particular, laid a couple of very solid clean hits. He then ragdolled Lehkonen in the Bruins crease and gave him an upper body injury that put him out for the rest of the game. No penalty was called on the play, but it was marginal as to whether it went above and beyond the usual crease-clearing that goes on. I enjoyed it at the time, but if I were an Avs fan I would definitely be pissed off that one of my team's players had been injured for no real reason, and the guy that did it essentially got away with it. So I do get why they're grumpy.

I know that amongst some other fanbases McAvoy is viewed as a dirty player, so it's not confined to Colorado. I know I'm biased but in general I just can't see it. He plays hard, for sure, but very fair. At most he might occasionally get a little over-exuberant as we saw with the Lehkonen incident. But there's no malice. He plays with passion, and that can only be a good thing.

Last edited:

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Toronto is 15-11. Loser point giving a misleading view.

Team I compare them to the most right now is the 85-86 Celtics. If you know, you know.
Well not really. They are still 15-5 and had a bad start and beat both Boston and NJ. They are a good team. we are just much better.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00