Pre-Game Talk: Game #22: Vancouver Canucks vs. Dallas Stars - Sunday, Nov. 17th 5:00PM - SNET-PAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

LolClarkson*

Attitude, discipline, desire, skills, desire to learn, team player, etc. He plays well without the puck.

Sort of the anti-Yakupov.

NHL Central Scouting ranked him #6 among North American Skaters while TSN's Bob McKenzie and Craig Button had him ranked #14:

Hunter is a very determined and competitive offensive player. He has very good skating ability with speed, quickness, change of pace, agility and excellent balance, which allows him to play in traffic and versus bigger players without being nullified. He's hungry to score and will pay the price to score and get to the scoring areas. He has very good hands and can beat goaltenders in a variety of ways and he is able to make those plays quickly and in tight areas. Recognizes offensive opportunities and he 'jumps' quickly when he sees the chance to take advantage and he does so with or without the puck. He plays with a competitive edge where he is simply not going to allow himself to be denied and he wants to be a difference maker in the game.​

NHL.com had a pre-draft article on him - "Medicine Hat's Shinkaruk driven to be the best":
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=647409

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

This is the guy that cratered in the draft for .... drum role please.... Attitude problems.

Wetcoaster

So a franchise player of Stamkos/Taveres/Lecavlier is sucked into the black hole known as Edmonton and you don't have the foresight to take advantage ?

There is nothing wrong with Yakupovs attitude. He is in Edmonton. End of story.

And if some loser rookie coach like Dallas Eakins was trying to turn me into David Clarkson, I'd say the same thing.
I do not equate Yakupov with players such as Stamkos/Taveres/Lecavlier.

There seems to be a great deal wrong with Yakupov's attitude. Much like the attitude that Cody Hod(g)son exhibited when in Vancouver.

LolClarkson*

There seems to be a great deal wrong with Yakupov's attitude. Much like the attitude that Cody Hod(g)son exhibited when in Vancouver.

Im responding to this post in the armchair GM thread.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

Yeah, damn that Cody Godson. Such a headcase. :sarcasm:

GingersRULE

Jun 11, 2011
why are we debating about Cody Hodgson in a pre game thread against the Dallas Stars..Move on people and stop hating behind a keyboard..and this is coming from a Canucks fan

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
Hodgson was not a 1st over all pick. There is a reason he was #1

Hodgson is not the comparable. Yakupov has a higher skill level and better draft pedigree, but that only goes so far. The problem right now, is that Edmonton needs him to be a better 2 way forward. On a team that already has a Hall, Eberle, and Nugent-Hopkins not to mention Gagne, Peron and Hemsky, the Oilers have no shortage of skilled forwards who can dangle on the perimeter. Right now, Yakupov is not far and away better than any of these. He has the potential, but is not good enough right now to earn ice time over these guys. Right now his avenue to becoming a better hockey player is to become a more complete hockey player. And that is what his team needs right now.

Now if you want to talk about about the Dallas Stars - anyone think the Bruins are regretting the Seguin trade now?

CP

Thou shalt not Tank
Mar 8, 2008
Rather see Richardson with Santorelli and Kassian on the 3rd line instead of Booth. The way Booth is skating he should be fourth line at best.

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
Stars have been painting the town red since Thursday night after flying in from Calgary. I predict a Nucks win. Get on them early, and they'll fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad