Pre-Game Talk: Game #22: Vancouver Canucks vs. Dallas Stars - Sunday, Nov. 17th 5:00PM - SNET-PAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
large.png
vs.
large.png

WHEN: Sunday, November 17th, 5:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, British Columbia
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: TEAM 1040AM

Vancouver Canucks

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Alex Burrows
Chris Higgins - Ryan Kesler - Jannik Hansen
David Booth - Mike Santorelli - Zack Kassian
Tom Sestito - Brad Richardson - Jeremy Welsh

Alex Edler - Jason Garrison
Dan Hamhuis - Chris Tanev
Ryan Stanton - Kevin Bieksa

Roberto Luongo

Dallas Stars

Jamie Benn - Tyler Seguin - Valeri Nichushkin
Alex Chiasson - Cody Eakin - Erik Cole
Shawn Horcoff - Vernon Fiddler - Rich Peverley
Antoine Roussel - Travis Morin - Ryan Garbutt

Brenden Dillon - Stephane Robidas
Trevor Daley - Alex Goligoski
Jordie Benn - Sergei Gonchar

Kari Lehtonen

https://twitter.com/sportsnetmurph/status/401796035988566016
Kesler a centre again. Back on 2L with Higgins and Hansen. Burrows with twins. Booth-Santorelli-Kassian / Sestito-Richardson-Welsh #canucks

Last edited:

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
27-10 Canucks with Daniel hitting multiple 3 pointers in the end zone to win in extra innings

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
1-0 Stars

Canucks outshoot Stars 60-10.

Lehtonen makes enough highlight reel plays to take up all the room for TSN's Top 10 Saves of the Year.

Daniel breaks his stick as he tries shooting into an open net

Burrows dekes Lehtonen and scores, but the goal is waved off because of a hand pass that happened 10 seconds earlier

Aaron Rome, playing in his first game of the season, dumps the puck in. It bounces off the stanchion, off Hamhuis' hip from the hasmarks, off both posts, off Luongo's skates and in

i'm optimistic

Phrazer

Apr 2, 2008
Cairns
Personally while they have looked great I think its time to break up the super line. Drop Kesler to the 2nd re-unite the old top line, and see if Santo can get Booth going.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Hansen
Booth-Santorelli-Kassian
Sesito-Richardson-Weise

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Personally while they have looked great I think its time to break up the super line. Drop Kesler to the 2nd re-unite the old top line, and see if Santo can get Booth going.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Hansen
Booth-Santorelli-Kassian
Sesito-Richardson-Weise

I would personally consider these lines.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Hansen
Richardson-Santorelli-Kassian
Booth-Welsh-Weise

Or

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Kassian
Richardson-Santorelli-Hansen
Booth-Welsh-Weise

I like the later if kassian plays well, richardson, santo, hansen, is a really fast, hard working 3rd line imo, and richardson has played left wing quite often in his career.

I have booth on the 4th because i think richardson is better all around player then booth at the moment, and he has been useful, it was sad to see booth seems to lost his explosiveness that made him effective. He had a jump on stuart last night, and stuart skated him down easily and took away the puck.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Seguin for real. Give him an inch and it's in. Have to out-work the Stars because that's their bread and butter.

Kassian will be a player to watch. Dallas had a couple guys that like to start trouble but would be no match for Kassian. Table is set for him to have a serious impact.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I'll be shocked if we don't win this game. Dallas has some good pieces and I actually quite like them, but they're not a team that beats a well-coached, veteran team that is prepared to play them. Not at this point.

That said, we need to sort out our goalscoring woes. We're not getting much penetration/rebounds. Our possession numbers (and observation backs this up) are fantastic, but we're not creating the number of grade A chances one might expect to go along with it.

One of the problems is that Kesler and Danny are our two best goal scorers and both of them are looking like shells of their former selves. I think each of them can rebound, but Danny hasn't looked good since Keith (what a travesty that was), and Kes is the 6 million dollar man. He needs to get his (new) body under him after basically 2 wasted years (injury-wise).

I just had a thought. I was really disappointed that we didn't go after Keith for his cheapshot on Daniel. But we also had a pacifist for a coach. Is it possible that on a Torts team we have someone make him 'pay the price'? I'm not saying that someone will cheap shot him, but he may find himself a target of some borderline hits/post whistle abuse from the likes of Kassian.

I'm not sure if I think this will happen, but it's not impossible.

Toxic0n

We are all mumps
Dec 10, 2008
Tank nation
Kesler a shell of his former self? Isn't he on pace for like 30+ goals? He's been playing well defensively as well

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
9-1 Canucks. David Booth with 9 goals and Nichushkin with the Stars' lone goal and the Canucks board proceeds to spam "Should've picked Nichushkin!!!". Then during the 1st star skate, Booth skates to center ice, pulls off the mask and reveals it was Horvat all along.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
9-1 Canucks. David Booth with 9 goals and Nichushkin with the Stars' lone goal and the Canucks board proceeds to spam "Should've picked Nichushkin!!!". Then during the 1st star skate, Booth skates to center ice, pulls off the mask and reveals it was Horvat all along.

*Pulls off his mask, reveals it's Hodgson, all goals discredited, and the Stars win 1-0.

yoss

May 25, 2011
Put pucks in the net! ffs! Enough of this close call good try ********. I know they know how, I've seen them do it before.

yoss

May 25, 2011
^ Sorry for the outburst, that San Jose game got to me. Thought Nucks should have finished them off when they had the (multiple) chance/(s). Interested to see Nicushkin (sp?) play.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
i feel like tomorrow is a night where things are going to click. the canucks are going to convert the plays they haven't been over the last few games and put up 6.

6-1 final i'll say.

are both weise and hansen back?

Last edited:

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
getting real sick and tired of every ****ing team above us winning every ****ing game...is it our turn to win again?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
The dallas stars have by far the best jerseys in the NHL. They look ****ing incredible on TV and in person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad