GDT: Game 22- Columbus @Nashville 2/28, 3:00PM; Will the Streak Continue or The Lack of Interest Thread

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
This team needs two practices where all they do is passing under pressure. Then a requirement to get at least 30 SOG. Pass and shoot. Quit trying to be cute. Quit trying to be perfect.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
This team needs two practices where all they do is passing under pressure. Then a requirement to get at least 30 SOG. Pass and shoot. Quit trying to be cute. Quit trying to be perfect.
Also they need to have 5 guys back on their own end on breakouts and have center ice option on the opening pass, tape to tape out of own end

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
tape-to-tape passes is the challenge there.
They dont have even system for that on breakouts. Its just cluster f***. Forwards are running on redline basically on breakouts. Then its very hard to tape to tape

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Like that Laine turn over, forwards at the blue line or worse on the midfield, ends up trying long distance pass, aint guys supposed to be close each to other in their own end in hockey usually so its easier to pass and theres more options

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I see the system. What I also see is poor execution.
Well lets just agree to disagree. I see bad system and enough talented team

Edit: They have something without the puck, with the puck any system is unseeable

Murky

Jan 28, 2006
They are one of the youngest teams in the league even with these guys on the roster
That's the thing though. It is probably too painful to realize as a fan when they are playing like shit for the last few games. But CBJ is very young team with two premier defensemen and Laine. It is not like they are Buffalo. There seems to be something going on, maybe it is as simple as the missing quality at center position or maybe the team has quit on the coach or maybe something else. But it's not like CBJ is doomed for a decade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad