Pre-Game Talk: Game 21- Washington - 'It's deja vu all over again' - NESN, NHLN, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don't like the capitals.

Never have.

Still don't.

Probably won't.
haha, other than a few players, no real issue with them other than the fact they have the B`s number pretty good over recent years. Used to love the Rod Langway Caps way back when, some here too young to likely remember how gawd awful some of the Caps teams were for quite some time

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
haha, other than a few players, no real issue with them other than the fact they have the B`s number pretty good over recent years. Used to love the Rod Langway Caps way back when, some here too young to likely remember how gawd awful some of the Caps teams were for quite some time
First year I think they won 8 games.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Hoping tonight we see Craig Smith come alive. We really need him to find his game if we want this season to be a success.

Also - its odd how before the season started I was on the "get rid of Ritchie" band wagon. He's now one of my favorite players to watch....

I was on that bandwagon LOL. I was very wrong on many players hence why I gave up on my becoming NHL GM.

I like what I'm seeing from Smith. I believe the goals will come but not too worried if they don't so long as he continues with the effort.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
What makes you think Hathaway is scared of Freddy?

I get it - I love what Freddy is bringing. He’s a pain in the ass out there. But please, can we stop talking about him like he is some intimidating force out there that makes players shake in their boots? He beat up Chris Tanev.
I hear ya on that. Kid has swagger and gets in faces which I love. Scared what Ovi would do and didn't think the Lemieux fight looked good. He needs a couple more convincing wins before people start respecting his fighting abilities. I'll still take everything he is bringing! Can't wait for tonight game!!

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I hear ya, and, as is usually the case in situations such as this, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there are no fireworks tonight, and both teams come to play hockey.
Very possible but Frederic seems to be one of those guys who trash talks constantly. I’d be very surprised if there wasn’t some element of drama tonight .

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
Chara leaving never really bothered me until after the last game . An all out physical war vs the Caps appears inevitable the rest of the way and the big man is on the other side . Sad .

its a point of debate how physical chara was in his last few years - he for sure maintains a presence but how often did he really hit someone?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
First year I think they won 8 games.
oh man yeah they were bad. Then there were the years where they seemed to have pretty consistently good players but just couldn`t find a way to go deep in the playoffs, likened them a bit to the B`s in that they`d add a player say at the deadline, but it was simply not the right player meanwhile had some nice talent on the roster, used to really like Bobby Carpenter, man the years when they had Kevin Hatcher and Langway were fun

Reactions: lopey

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Difficult to say. He really hasn't played much for Boston but does his role well in Providence. All I know is I can't take watching Wagner this year. He can turn it around and does play effective pk.

Agree about Blidh. He isn't horrendous out there. He has not been given enough of a look, the time to settle in and find his game. He probably won't be either because of Wagner and his contract. That's looking real good right about now, isn't it? That said, Wagner can be better than he has been. Still would like to see Blidh get a real chance at the spot. Most of Wags' salary can be buried in Providence if needed.

Reactions: Blowfish

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
Probably not a popular opinion here but did not like Freddy going after Ovi the way he did.

This board would erupt if some rookie chased Bergeron around like that all night.

Freddy needs to stick to the Wilson and Lemieux of the league.

Not saying dont be physical with Ovi but the extra was not warranted that night and the stick between grapes was best case for Freddy IMO

Just IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese