GDT: Game 21 | Detroit Red Wings @ San Jose Sharks| 10:30 PM EST | FS-D

DatsyukianDeke*

Datsyuk I think is going to have an amazing game. He always plays well against the Sharks and always manages to make Thorton look like an AHL player.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
That's about what I get from it.

I'll be surprised if he is still a Wing on Sunday.

White said that from what Babcock told him, White has to "focus on going back and getting pucks and making sure that I get them out the first try."

He's 5'10'', 195lbs and he doesn't go into corners and doesn't have the fight in him like he used to have in the Maple Leafs days. I feel for him, but I really think his days are numbered.

For comparison, purposes, CC is 6'1'', Kindl is 6'3'', Ericsson is 6'5'', Lashoff is 6'3'', Smith is 6'1'', Kronwall is 6'0'' and Huskins is 6'4''.

I realy think that he will be packaged with a forward for picks and an upgrade at the 3rd C position if Helm isn't getting better.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
That's about what I get from it.

I'll be surprised if he is still a Wing on Sunday.

I guess you're right... don't think he played poorly enough to warrant consecutive healthy scratches, so a deal may be in the works. I definitely wouldn't have thought he was the first D to be moved though.

If White gets dealt, I want to hear Kindl interviewed b/c you know he'd be saying something like "I'm the only guy here more surprised than Ian White to see him traded away!" :laugh:

we like our team*

*lists off a bunch of other people's heights* white sucks

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
I guess you're right... don't think he played poorly enough to warrant consecutive healthy scratches, so a deal may be in the works. I definitely wouldn't have thought he was the first D to be moved though.

If White gets dealt, I want to hear Kindl interviewed b/c you know he'd be saying something like "I'm the only guy here more surprised than Ian White to see him traded away!" :laugh:

If White is being dealt right now, it's not for the sake of moving a defenseman but because the other team WANTS White or a similar player - veteran guy, reasonable contract, supplemental scoring from the back end. Might be tangentially related to the Lashoff signing - lock up a Dman as security before moving another. Holland seems to be into that.

On the other hand, I can't see them moving their only right-handed Dman. Babs clearly favors certain players and White may just be in his doghouse.

In the alternate, they could be showcasing Kindl...

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
3rd? 4th?

Can't be much.

If that's what they're selling him for, that's straight up Pejorative Slured. It's not the deadline and White has a terrible stat line right now. They'd be selling him at one of his all time lows without being forced to.

A different possibility is that they're moving White + non-roster assets for someone slightly more talented or at least a guy who excels in the defensive aspects of the game, as opposed to being a mediocre "jack of all trades, master of none" type Dman that we have so many of.

But in reality, it'll probably be a more pedestrian trade, since Holland seems incapable of much more.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Say white gets traded what do you thnk is his value IYHO

And do you see any suitors?

Defence is always valued at the TD, I think we may package him with a prospect for a scoring line player, or a 3C depending on Helm's health. His straight up value is either a 2nd+mid prospect or a 2nd+3rd, similar value to Oduya imo.

FWIW, White is the only right-shooting defenseman on the team, isn't he?

He is which is why I'm not sure if they do trade him but I don't think they play him on the PP, which is where we could use a good RH shot.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Basically, we have to shut down Thornton and the Gomez line. They don't have secondary scoring. If ours shows up, we'll have a chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad