Click here for the NHL.com preview

[FIELDSET="Artwork"]
Artwork By FlashyG
[/FIELDSET][/CENTER]

Last edited:

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
NHL.com Preview, Referee's and Streaming Info are not available yet, I'll update them when they are.

The Line-ups will probably change as well but they won't be available until tomorrow.

Lets forget tonight's refereeing debacle and hope that we have more luck vs San Jose.

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
I think we have a frontrunner for GDT of the year. I love the credits at the bottom.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Well, nobody's topping this GDT... this is comedy gold!! :laugh::laugh:

Love every part of it, but have to say that it's WAY too early to stop using the flaming poop pic for Cleary... he's still in a flaming paper bag on Old Man Clemens' porch in my book.

RedWingsNow*

On paper, SJ is so much better than Detroit its ridiculous

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Phenomenal. Simply brilliant. And I love the credits at the end :laugh:

Glad I didn't stay up for last night's game. I have the day off tomorrow, so I might watch tonight. They better not freaking lose on my birthday :rant:

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Hope the Wings' performance is worthy of this GDT.

Let's see if Gus' groin actually holds up this time.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I don't know what made me laugh more:

Zetterberg and Brunner's pics...

Or seeing Cleary and Abdelkader alongside Datsyuk.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Awesome GDT, worthy to rival San Jose's GDT's! I hope the Red Wings game is as good. There is no team I would rather beat as much as the Sharks. In fact it's the only team I care if we win.

Lets Go Red Wings!

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
San Jose is pretty weak team scoring 5-on-5. Wings have scored 1.5 times more 5-on-5. If we can shut down their power-play, there's a chance for a win. And that's a big IF.

Back-to-Back against a much superior team

Ugly loss, 5-1

I would predict an early lead with fresher legs, and then the Sharks turn the game around by 2-3 power-play goals, when we get exhausted later in the game.

Sharks is the league best home PK team with 94%, so our 0% road PP will be interesting to see against them. :)

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
San Jose is pretty weak team scoring 5-on-5. Wings have scored 1.5 times more 5-on-5. If we can shut down their power-play, there's a chance for a win. And that's a big IF.

I would predict an early lead with fresher legs, and then the Sharks turn the game around by 2-3 power-play goals, when we get exhausted later in the game.

Sharks is the league best home PK team with 94%, so our 0% road PP will be interesting to see against them. :)

Why would we have fresher legs if we just lost a really deflating game the night before while the Sharks had the night off? I'm picturing a pretty tight game the whole way through.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Same thought applied to last night too, but we finally get Franzen back and we still see #8 and #11 on Datsyuk's wings. Simply idiotic.

Brilliant GDT btw.

4-3 SJ F/OT off a phantom call for old times sake.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
Same thought applied to last night too, but we finally get Franzen back and we still see #8 and #11 on Datsyuk's wings. Simply idiotic.

Brilliant GDT btw.

4-3 SJ F/OT off a phantom call for old times sake.

To be fair we lost Flip at the same time so we didn't actually get any more numerous. Not saying it isn't still a boneheaded decision...

I predict a 3-2 win with a pp-goal as the GWG. Why? Because it makes no sense, that's why! It'll be one of those games.

And yes, this really is an excellent GDT. :laugh:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Why would we have fresher legs if we just lost a really deflating game the night before while the Sharks had the night off? I'm picturing a pretty tight game the whole way through.

Usually, a team that played a day before, has a better 1st period. Especially if you are a road team. They have fresher legs because of the yesterdays game, body is still "going". Then you hit to the exhaustion wall in the middle of the game and at the same time the rested team gets their bodies going having more stamina in the last two periods, takes the momentum and turns the game around. Always it does not happens with the result, but with possession, 90% of the games.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Usually, a team that played a day before, has a better 1st period. Especially if you are a road team. They have fresher legs because of the yesterdays game, body is still "going". Then you hit to the exhaustion wall in the middle of the game and at the same time the rested team gets their bodies going having more stamina in the last two periods, takes the momentum and turns the game around. Always it does not happens with the result, but with possession, 90% of the games.

Ahh, yes, I follow you. Don't know if fresher is the word I would use, though.

I think this one will be a 1 goal game much like the LA game. Pretty close most of the way through. Hopefully the refereeing isn't like it was last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad