Pre-Game Talk: GAME 21 7:07 PM - Tampa Bay visits the Hub on Causeway - NESN, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Boy.... I dislike Tampa!

I remember being angry Chara shot wide on the empty net in that sequence, only to have the horn call it a goal right after.
upload_2021-12-4_9-59-9.png

Reactions: Bradely

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I don't understand starting Ullmark when he is winless against TB. Why not go with Swayman? He's coming off a 42 save shutout.
:dunno: :huh:
Well if Rask is back in January,can’t see them sending down a 5 million dollar backup is my guess?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Ready for tonight

Attachments

• D76495A3-1F22-46F4-B260-15C4940C8119.jpeg
    D76495A3-1F22-46F4-B260-15C4940C8119.jpeg
    326.6 KB · Views: 4

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Big test, the team needs a win streak, cant win 1 lose 1 and expect to make ground.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I don't understand starting Ullmark when he is winless against TB. Why not go with Swayman? He's coming off a 42 save shutout.
Gotta get Ullmark going. He’s got to play.
Beers and Jaffe basically just said it’s a no brainer that Rask comes back and Swayman goes down to the AHL at some point.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa back end including goalie best in league

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Tampa won that game, with no Stamkos and despite Hedman getting injured early leaving them a D short for a long time. I know it was a weird one with the Bs conceding 2 shorties in the space of a minute, but if that's a 'dead' team then I'm not seeing evidence of it from that game.

That roster was super strong and good enough to carry injured players and they proved it by going back to back. I thoroughly dislike the Bolts but the Covid Cups stuff is just utter BS to make fans of other teams feel better. Obviously if the playoffs happen as normal in 2020 then you can never really know what would have happened. But I'm completely comfortable in my belief that Tampa was the best team in the east that season - the Presidents' Trophy is meaningless - so while I'm not saying the Bruins couldn't have gone all the way, I simply don't see that they had some golden chance taken away from them. And they still had their opportunity to get the job done in the bubble and they blew it. Tough.
Exactly. You play with the cards you are dealt and the situation you are in. Covid season, Olympic-interrupted season, shortened season due to lockout, season in which unusual number of injuries occur -- it's all become part of the NHL. Can't start assigning asterisks. I too can't stand the Bolts, largely because their GM runs circles around everyone else and wins. Jealousy thing more than likely if I am being honest. Cup winning teams are assembled with the playoffs in mind, not the President's Trophy. When the Bs make or don't make moves, playoffs are what I am thinking about.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Agreed. Bs need points. If a playoff spot were all but guaranteed, I would say whatever on who plays tonight. Have to put your team in the best position to win. Tonight against the Bolts, coming off an awesome game, Swayman would be who I would go with. That being said, I hope Ullmark absolutely kills it and shuts those nasty Bolts down.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad