Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I would love that.

Let Clears-Joker-Sammy stay together.

I don't know if love is the right word, that line will probably lose us the game if they stay together. Certainly happy Tatar is in, wonder if the GM has something to do with that.... Babcock was pretty open yesterday he would not be playing, this reminds me of when Nyquist was sitting on the Western Canada trip last year and then he wasn't. I don't think Holland tells Babcock what to do often out of respect, but I find this curious, seems like the decision came from above and quite frankly I am glad to see it, you lose this many in a row and play the way we have been at home, the GM should get a little more involved. Of course that is speculation but I do find the timing of this interesting.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Wouldn't happen but honestly at this point I don't care who provides the secondary scoring, if it Cleary with his five turnovers and four fall downs I will take it, we need it.

You know we're desperate when we're willing to openly cheer for Cleary's success. Agree that this seems too abrupt to be strictly a Babcock call. Have to wonder if we don't go with 22 guys for awhile in an effort to build up some cap space to call Nyquist up later.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
You know we're desperate when we're willing to openly cheer for Cleary's success. Agree that this seems too abrupt to be strictly a Babcock call. Have to wonder if we don't go with 22 guys for awhile in an effort to build up some cap space to call Nyquist up later.

Yeah I don't care how they get it done and that is an interesting idea on how to get Nyquist up.

I just think Tatar was a scratch Babcock basically told the media that yesterday. Would be curious if they had an open dialogue or Holland just basically pulled a Billy Beane and sent Glendening down and said play Tatar.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I know other people have commented on it but you have a great avatar frk it. Wonder how many games we would need at 22 on the roster to free up 1 million in cap?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Tatar is in tonight, per khans twitter :)

Hah, just like I asked yesterday, that those were only practise lines. Nothing was confirmed about the roster. Not the first and last time when Babcock does this.

Still, I wonder this situation because I haven't seen any news about Glendening demoted.

Because it has to happen to get under the cap.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Hah, just like I asked yesterday, that those were only practise lines. Nothing was confirmed about the roster. Not the first and last time when Babcock does this.

Still, I wonder this situation because I haven't seen any news about Glendening demoted.

Because it has to happen to get under the cap.

That happened as well, per khans twitter. I'd post updates with links, but I'm at work right now. It's all on mlive by now id imagine.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
yes he is.

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 13m

#RedWings have sent Luke Glendening back to minors, so Tomas Tatar will be in lineup vs. Capitals.

Oh there it was.

It was obvious to happen, othervise they would have been over the cap.

And if no one gets injured at tonight's game, next move (the only possible) move will be calling Emmerton back.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
The Wings can't take on 2m more in salary unless the other team takes it back and Florida is not going to pay half of Versteeg's salary then take back another 2m. Come on guys.

Yeah, we'd have to hope to either overpay in prospects to get them to take a salary back, or take enough future salary to make taking on a guy for the rest of this year worth while.

crashman

Oh there it was.

It was obvious to happen, othervise they would have been over the cap.

And if no one gets injured at tonight's game, next move (the only possible) move will be calling Emmerton back.

I starting to think you understand the cap situation better than Holland and his suits.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
So Tatar on the 4th line?

Tatar-Gator-Miller

I'll take it. Better than playing with DFC.

That fourth line isn't terrible. Only thing is it limits his ice time pretty badly in favor of inferior players, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad