Paris
[FIELDSET="Artwork"]
Artwork By Shoalzie
[/FIELDSET]

[fieldset="Game Information"]
game20.png

TV/Radio:
NHLN-US, CSN-DC, FS-D / NHL Game Radio: here

Referees: François St. Laurent (#38) and Justin St. Pierre (#12)
Linesmen: Brad Lazarowich (#86) and Steve Miller (#89)

Click here for the NHL.com preview
[/fieldset]

washington.png

[fieldset="Washington Capitals"]
In the spotlight:
Left Wing | Center | Center
ovechkin.png
|
backstrom.png
|
grabovski.png

Projected Lineup:
Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
Martin Erat | Nicklas Backstrom | Alex Ovechkin
Brooks Laich | Marcus Johanson | Troy Brouwer
Jason Chimera | Mikael Grabovski | Joel Ward
Aaron Volpatti | Michael Latta | Tom Wilson

Left Defenseman | Right Defenseman
Nate Schmidt | Mike Green
Karl Alzner | John Carlson
Alexander Urbom | Steve Oleksy

Starting Goaltender
holtby.png

[FIELDSET="Information"][/FIELDSET]

[/FIELDSET]
detroit.png

[fieldset=Detroit Red Wings]
In the spotlight:
Left Wing | Center | Defenseman (R)
cleary.png
|
abdelkader.png
|
ericsson.png

Projected Lineup:
Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
Henrik Zetterberg | Pavel Datsyuk | Todd Bertuzzi
Johan Franzen | Darren Helm | Daniel Alfredsson
Daniel Cleary | Joakim Andersson | Justin Abdelkader
Drew Miller | Luke Glendening | Mikael Samuelsson

Left Defenseman | Right Defenseman
Niklas Kronwall | Jonathan Ericsson
Kyle Quincey | Danny DeKeyser
Brian Lashoff | Jakub Kindl

Starting Goaltender
howard.png

[FIELDSET="Information"][/FIELDSET]

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Artwork"]
Artwork By Shoalzie
[/FIELDSET][/CENTER]

Last edited:

taliababa

Jun 4, 2009
5-1 Caps. 3 of the 5 are PP goals. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are going to be so tired from trying to contain Ovi, they generate little offense. Our D gets eaten alive.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Washington's 3rd line is clearly superior to ours tomorrow. The best hope is that they somehow manage to play them even.

Detroit needs to keep Washington off the PP, because that's where Ovechkin becomes Ovechkin. His even strength play has not been great this year and Datsyuk and Zetterberg should outplay them at even strength. The problem is that Datsyuk and Zetterberg can end up with 2 even strength goals and dominate the puck while Ovechkin goes -2, but with 2 PP goals. Meanwhile our 3rd line loses us the game getting scored on twice. That's my fear.

I do look forward to see if the 2nd line can build on their play from last game. Finish the offensive zone time off with a goal this time though.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
With Cleary in for Tatar, I am contemplating my first intentionally skipped Red Wings game I can remember. Think I would rather just go out and keep going after happy hour than make my customary choice to pre-gaming for the night with the Wings and then out.

Had a friend say he was giving me a Cleary Red Wings T-shirt as a gag gift for Christmas and all I could do was give him the most haunting glare I can muster. I hope it was enough to avoid that experience during the holidays.

Thinking Griffins vs Wolves is winning out though right now if I do watch hockey tomorrow night.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
You're an optimistic bunch aren't you?

If we don't take too many penalties we should win. Ovie and the rest of that team suck 5-on-5. I predict a Mule hattrick and a 5-2 win.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
With Cleary in for Tatar, I am contemplating my first intentionally skipped Red Wings game I can remember. Think I would rather just go out and keep going after happy hour than make my customary choice to pre-gaming for the night with the Wings and then out.

Had a friend say he was giving me a Cleary Red Wings T-shirt as a gag gift for Christmas and all I could do was give him the most haunting glare I can muster. I hope it was enough to avoid that experience during the holidays.

Thinking Griffins vs Wolves is winning out though right now if I do watch hockey tomorrow night.

:laugh: A friend at work has been saying for weeks that he's gonna get me a Cleary jersey. And I pretty much have had the same reaction as you.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Maybe if you guys wear the shirt/jersey, some magic will happen and the team will start winning with Cleary producing!

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
With Cleary in for Tatar, I am contemplating my first intentionally skipped Red Wings game I can remember. Think I would rather just go out and keep going after happy hour

This is my plan. Screw this team.

Going to the game in buffalo on the 24th. One of my friends works security at First Niagara. Might try and be a martyr and take out Cleary ;)

Last edited:

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
This is my plan. Screw this team.

Going to the game in buffalo on the 24th. One of my friends works security at HSBC. Might try and be a martyr and take out Cleary, Nancy Kerrigan-style.

C'mon. If such a thing was possible. Clears would be back on the ice for the next game. Nothing can stop Dan Cleary. He's like the Terminator.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
C'mon. If such a thing was possible. Clears would be back on the ice for the next game. Nothing can stop Dan Cleary. He's like the Terminator.

I used to play tennis. I had a hell of a forehand. If I get one shot I would make it count :)

I mean we all know how much I love Nyquist. It would be like the super human strength mothers get when their child is in danger.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

All you need is one of those plucky Conner's to do the job, correct me if I am wrong didn't Chris Conner get hurt by a Cleary shot when he got hurt, maybe he knew.

Anytime somebody references Terminator, it immediately makes me think of Vladinator even when they play the movie on tv. Guess that is the Wings fan in me.:laugh:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
On the positive side, if I don't end up going out tomorrow night, I could make a hell of a drinking game out of this line-up. Maybe every time Sammy hits the logo, drink. Or every time Quincey loses his man, drink. Could go a lot of different ways with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad