GDT: Game #20 | Washington Capitals @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM EST | FS-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Had to do a quick GDT for tonight's game, have some other stuff to attend to. I'll do a full GDT for tomorrow's game. Lineups are based on latest reports. Mods feel free to update the lineups if there any changes.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
If he were the "true gamebreaker" that you said he was in another thread, he would be able to score with garbage around him and only playing 9-10 minutes, no?

He doesn't need to be Wayne Gretzky to deserve a spot in the lineup.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'm hoping we build off the last game, complete passes expected to complete, shut Washington to the outside in the O zone, and capitalize on a few chances of our own. I'm not expecting anything flashy and exciting, but I'll be content with another game resembling competency at basics.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Tatar has as many points as Cleary in 7 less games with 2 minutes less ice time per game and Babcock thinks he's the solution? That just boggles my mind. At least Tatar creates chances. Keep him in so he can develop his finishing ability... :facepalm:

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Tatar has as many points as Cleary in 7 less games with 2 minutes less ice time per game and Babcock thinks he's the solution? That just boggles my mind. At least Tatar creates chances. Keep him in so he can develop his finishing ability... :facepalm:

Yeah, but don't you think that would hinder the development of Cleary's locker room presence?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
If he were the "true gamebreaker" that you said he was in another thread, he would be able to score with garbage around him and only playing 9-10 minutes, no?

No one said game breaker but you. He's better than Cleary. All the stats show it and so does the eye test. There's absolutely no reason to switch him out.

You have to stop pretending like everyone who wants Tatar in thinks he's the difference between a first overall and the Cup.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
No one said game breaker but you. He's better than Cleary. All the stats show it and so does the eye test. There's absolutely no reason to switch him out.

You have to stop pretending like everyone who wants Tatar in thinks he's the difference between a first overall and the Cup.

Not to mention his growth as a player. He needs ice time to learn stuff and evolve as a player. Benching a guy after a meh game is like hitting your dog when they don't learn a trick

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
LGRW- Hoping they snap out of the funk tonite and win 4-1

Goals- Franzen, Alfie, Kronwall, Z

jerrymac

Oct 24, 2011
GB
Feel like the Wings should win this game, 4-2 perhaps. The issue with winning is Babcock then decides the reason for winning was Cleary put in for Tatar. Ugh

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Ovechkin coined the term Ovech-trick for 3 hat tricks in one game
Datsyuk has never scored a hat-trick.

Tonight Datsyuk will score an ovech-trick!

…
…

…

….

So will Ovechkin.

Oh, and in Overtime, Quincey is going to pinch stupidly to give a 2on1, GWG will be by Backstrom in Overtime.

LOL

As for serious predictions:

Howard will play well, but give up 1 bad goal… everyone here will say he sucks (if they lose)
Howard will play well, but give up 1 bad goal… everyone here will give him the first star (if they win)

The first line will score a nice goal. It will be the highlight of the game.

Quincey may or may not cost us the game… but sometime during the GDT, someone is going to say he is horrible.
Cleary could win us the game, and people will still insult him.

In all truth Tatar has played 11 games. I know he is better than Cleary, but until he produces more, statistically its hard not to rotate Tatar/Cleary/Sammy/Miller etc etc.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
Tatar - Franzen - Alfredsson
Cleary - Andersson - Samuelsson
Miller - Helm - Abdelkader

would be my forward guesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad