GDT: Game 20 | Detroit Red Wings @ Los Angeles Kings | 10:00 PM EST | FS-D, NBCSN, TSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

icKx

Vanek 4 Prez
May 7, 2010
Intertubes
Cleary knows how to play with Dats but he is just too slow and weak. Abby can dig for pucks but is a clueless observer.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
You can't control officiating.
You can control your lines. As long as Babcock has dumbass lines, he's hurting this team.

Babcock spent 2 weeks making this team lose with Lashoff on the top pairing. Now he's killing the team by flanking the game's most creative player with no-talent plugs.

You can control that. And if we had a Cleary Datsyuk Tatar line...

Or if we went Franzen Z Cleary and Abdelakder Datsyuk Brunner

Maybe we score that second goal before LA gets their goal

I agree 100% that he needs to give Pav another skill guy to play with.

THW

Mar 6, 2008
This loss is not on Howie or Babcock. We got screwed on the officiating but the bottom line is our PP needs to start connecting on the road otherwise we will continue to be a sub .500 team away from the Joe.

Babcock makes the horrible lines and plays guys where there don't belong and Kronwall is supposed to be the veteran leadership on defense and is getting outplayed by a rookie and Kyle Effing Quincey. The refs were terrible tonight, but mixing up the lines so your one trick 2nd line does not get negated with one good cover is inexcusable.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Also making Bernier look like a Vezina candidate didn't help either. Why do we always have trouble with backup goalies?

Dynheart

Aug 21, 2011
Also making Bernier look like a Vezina candidate didn't help either. Why do we always have trouble with backup goalies?

He's supposed to be good...but the guy had rebound issues tonight. Wing's couldn't take advantage.

Too many 5 on 3's. Leaving a skilled player alone in front of your goalie to do whatever he wants? ...yea...

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
**** the NHL. **** the refs. ****the Kings. **** it all. This game really pissed me off.

But to be honest we had "predator syndrome". That Quincey goal was a damn FLUKE and we couldn't convert at all otherwise. We had chances but couldn't convert. I agree about the officiating 100%. You can't cal borderline calls on the Wings and ignore blatant calls on LA, and it looks that much worse when the always seem to ****** the away team. And those announcers were so biased and saying such STUPID S**T I felt like I was listening to John Madden.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Yup like I said.

1 scoring line and 3 4th lines ain't gonna cut it. When is Babs gonna put Tatar with Dats? What is he waiting for?:shakehead

nice to see betman and the refs are back to their old form. That game is 100% on the refs 5-3 after 5-3. Even the Wings score on that many chances. Its not Howards fault for the 5-3 goal and its not babcocks fault either.
I think there were some 4-5 half penalties that the refs did not call for us. How did they miss the penalty on Smith?
It's bad enough losing all those games we deserved to lose. I wouldn't claim that the refs had a significant part in most or all the previous games this season. But this game we dominated for the most part, and literally only lost because of the refs. Not just the weak 5v3s, but for all blatant missed Kings calls. Their second goal came when we should have been on a PP for the Smith hit.
That was the key of the game
I don't think we dominated the game for 2.5 periods.

I think we got a couple early powerplays that threw the Kings off their game.

The second period momentum clearly started going to the Kings -- especially as they got powerplays.

And our even strength attack sucked because Mike Babcock has the worst ****ing line in the history of the Detroit Red Wings.

Why make the Kings thinking about strategies to contain Datsyuk when Babcock does it all by himself.
Babcock must be brain demaged if he does not see Tatar has to play with Datsyuk

BTW, why did Babcock change the winning lineup?

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Covering the right defenseman. No joke, that's where Kronwall was. Emmerton does need to be aware of where his D is and back Kronwall up there. But Kronner was waaaay to high.

Your comment got lost in some excitement and I feel bad about that because this is hilarious and you should be commended for pointing that out.

RedWingsNow*

We scored one fluke goal today. Wings fans who think we got jobbed need to think twice.

I thought Bernier looked shaky all night. We just didn't get the rebounds we needed. We didn't get a ton of quality chances.

Franzen wasn't in game form. We didn't see much even strength attack from Z-Brunner. There was virtually nothing from Abs-D-Cleary.

RedWingsNow*

I think there were some 4-5 half penalties that the refs did not call for us. How did they miss the penalty on Smith?

That was the key of the game

Babcock must be brain demaged if he does not see Tatar has to play with Datsyuk

BTW, why did Babcock change the winning lineup?

This is the question I asked at the outset of the thread.

Why not leave in the Canucks lineup?

Which defenseman come out now? My guess is Kindl, because that's Babcock's kneejerk move.

But the worst defensemen on the ice tonight were Smith and Ericsson.

Defender1970

Aug 6, 2010
You can't control officiating.

Actually, I believe this game is a prime example of how you CAN control officiating. By paying the Refs a ****-ton of money to make sure everything was called their way, they sealed the victory, so don't tell me you can't control officiating.

With this game, I'm just about done watching professional hockey! Nightly, over the past decade, these referees and on occasion the linesmen have proven that they only seem to be making calls when the itch in their ass renders their brain capable of blowing the whistle or raising their arm. The randomness of interference calls are a joke. The boarding calls are becoming a freakin joke, and random decisions deciding if Icing should or shouldn't be called are simply out of control. These refs are missing 30 times more calls than they are calling, PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

I think it's safe to say that the refs in the NFL are better at doing their job than the typical NHL ref... And I freakin hate football!

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
We scored one fluke goal today. Wings fans who think we got jobbed need to think twice.

I thought Bernier looked shaky all night. We just didn't get the rebounds we needed. We didn't get a ton of quality chances.

Franzen wasn't in game form. We didn't see much even strength attack from Z-Brunner. There was virtually nothing from Abs-D-Cleary.

I don't think we got jobbed however the officiating was pretty bad otherwise I agree with you on all points.

RedWingsNow*

Actually, I believe this game is a prime example of how you CAN control officiating. By paying the Refs a ****-ton of money to make sure everything was called their way, they sealed the victory, so don't tell me you can't control officiating.

With this game, I'm just about done watching professional hockey! Nightly, over the past decade, these referees and on occasion the linesmen have proven that they only seem to be making calls when the itch in their ass renders their brain capable of blowing the whistle or raising their arm. The randomness of interference calls are a joke. The boarding calls are becoming a freakin joke, and random decisions deciding if Icing should or shouldn't be called are simply out of control. These refs are missing 30 times more calls than they are calling, PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

I think it's safe to say that the refs in the NFL are better at doing their job than the typical NHL ref... And I freakin hate football!

Enjoy the NFL:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad