GDT: Game 20 | Detroit Red Wings @ Los Angeles Kings | 10:00 PM EST | FS-D, NBCSN, TSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
osgoof made the all star team on the wings. if we had a goalie like hasek ( in his prime) we would have won 6-10 cups since '91!

:laugh:

Hasek in his prime was probably the best goalie of all time. If that's your standard for goaltending, you'll be disappointed with anyone.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
Datsyuk was pretty awful tonight. First time I have ever said that. He spent more time laying on the ice than on his feet. There just wasn't any offense down low from the forwards. It was all generated from the point, but then it died after that.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Terrible loss. Jimmy played well. Thanks Kronwall. Thought the D played well. Thanks refs. Datsyuk needs help NOW.

Yup like I said.

1 scoring line and 3 4th lines ain't gonna cut it. When is Babs gonna put Tatar with Dats? What is he waiting for?:shakehead

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
nice to see betman and the refs are back to their old form. That game is 100% on the refs 5-3 after 5-3. Even the Wings score on that many chances. Its not Howards fault for the 5-3 goal and its not babcocks fault either.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
It's bad enough losing all those games we deserved to lose. I wouldn't claim that the refs had a significant part in most or all the previous games this season. But this game we dominated for the most part, and literally only lost because of the refs. Not just the weak 5v3s, but for all blatant missed Kings calls. Their second goal came when we should have been on a PP for the Smith hit.

RedWingsNow*

I don't think we dominated the game for 2.5 periods.

I think we got a couple early powerplays that threw the Kings off their game.

The second period momentum clearly started going to the Kings -- especially as they got powerplays.

And our even strength attack sucked because Mike Babcock has the worst ****ing line in the history of the Detroit Red Wings.

Why make the Kings thinking about strategies to contain Datsyuk when Babcock does it all by himself.

Sameheda

Sep 28, 2011
Texas
Datsyuk was pretty awful tonight. First time I have ever said that. He spent more time laying on the ice than on his feet. There just wasn't any offense down low from the forwards. It was all generated from the point, but then it died after that.

Might have been watching the wrong game. He looked pretty good. He was on the ice a lot because the Kings were pressuring him HARD, and he didn't have anyone to pass to. Still pulled of great moves and set people up - just that those people are worthless at scoring.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Yup like I said.

1 scoring line and 3 4th lines ain't gonna cut it. When is Babs gonna put Tatar with Dats? What is he waiting for?:shakehead

The bottom 6 played very well. You can only ask so much from them. Thought Brunner was bad and Mule went Flip(invisible) in the 3rd. Need to score goals. Kings overpowered us in the 3rd with help from the refs. Really needed someone to step up and beat the **** out of someone in the 3rd.

Dynheart

Aug 21, 2011
Anyone blaming Howard has to be freaking blind. We could've had any goalie in the NHL in net tonight and they still would've scored, Kopitar alone one on none with a sick move and an insane tip. Granted they didn't play as well that 3rd period. I won't solely blame the 5 on 3's but def gave them a chance.

If you think about it, with that move, most goalies are pulled out of position by a lot. At least Howie didn't look like an AHLer when getting deked with that move. He only gave Kopitar about a half of a foot to pot it in.

As for the first goal? It was a perfect redirect. All you can ask for is for it to hit him...he was in position. It just decided to squeeze past him instead.

I liked how he made those "**** you" saves after the 2nd goal. It looked like he made those saves with attitude. Maybe it was just me. But he looked ****ed.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
This loss is not on Howie or Babcock. We got screwed on the officiating but the bottom line is our PP needs to start connecting on the road otherwise we will continue to be a sub .500 team away from the Joe.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
If you think about it, with that move, most goalies are pulled out of position by a lot. At least Howie didn't look like an AHLer when getting deked with that move. He only gave Kopitar about a half of a foot to pot it in.

As for the first goal? It was a perfect redirect. All you can ask for is for it to hit him...he was in position. It just decided to squeeze past him instead.

I liked how he made those "**** you" saves after the 2nd goal. It looked like he made those saves with attitude. Maybe it was just me. But he looked ****ed.

Haha, I noticed this too. He was totally pulling out his inner Patrick Roy.

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit

He did all that he could do very few goalies if any would've been able to stop one of those two.

RedWingsNow*

This loss is not on Howie or Babcock. We got screwed on the officiating but the bottom line is our PP needs to start connecting on the road otherwise we will continue to be a sub .500 team away from the Joe.

You can't control officiating.
You can control your lines. As long as Babcock has dumbass lines, he's hurting this team.

Babcock spent 2 weeks making this team lose with Lashoff on the top pairing. Now he's killing the team by flanking the game's most creative player with no-talent plugs.

You can control that. And if we had a Cleary Datsyuk Tatar line...

Or if we went Franzen Z Cleary and Abdelakder Datsyuk Brunner

Maybe we score that second goal before LA gets their goal

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Consecutive games where the 4th line gets stuck on the ice for icing, and gets beat by the opposing 1st line.

I wish Babcock tried to take advantage of situations like that more often, but that's where he'll typically throw the 3rd or 4th line out. In fact, he did just that earlier in the game and it almost burned him as Kopitar almost scored on a rush.

Also, when Cleary skipped a shift nursing the cut, it was Eaves that got to take his place rather than Tatar. We can all kiss the idea of Tatar getting the opportunity goodbye. It ain't happening with Babs.

Lastly, I actually liked the way the PP looked despite not scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad