GDT: Game 20 | Detroit Red Wings @ Los Angeles Kings | 10:00 PM EST | FS-D, NBCSN, TSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
bigtrolle.png

Projected line-ups brought to you by "Big and Smart Players."

:wings

Forwards

Johan Franzen-Henrik Zetterberg-Damien Brunner

Justin Abdelkader-Pavel Datsyuk-Daniel Cleary

Tomas Tatar-Joakim Andersson-Patrick Eaves

Drew Miller-Cory Emmerton-Jordin Tootoo

Defense

Niklas Kronwall-Jonathan Ericsson

Kyle Quincey-Brendan Smith

Brian Lashoff-Jakub Kindl

Goaltenders

Jimmy Howard (Starting)

Jonas Gustavsson

:kings2

Forwards

Dustin Brown-Anze Kopitar-Justin Williams

Trevor Lewis-Mike Richards-Jeff Carter

Dustin Penner-Jarret Stoll-Dwight King

Kyle Clifford-Colin Fraser-Jordan Nolan

Defense

Keaton Ellerby-Drew Doughty

Rob Scuderi-Slava Voynov

Davis Drewiske-Jake Muzzin

Goaltenders

Jonathan Bernier (Starting)

Jonathan Quick

Last edited:

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
6 points seperating Nashville (4th seed) and Colorado (14th place)...losses aren't killers right now but there's a pig pile outside of the division leaders. Two wins jumped them into 5th from 9th and being idle for a couple days puts them back into a tie for 7th. Any team right now that wants to go on a winning streak of 5 or more...now is the time.

You're not going to catch Chicago at this rate but you can snag that last home ice spot in the first round if you can take care of business. I'm glad Franzen is back...losing Flip tonight isn't a bad thing either.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Can the Wings learn to not suck on the road?

Find out at around 12:30 AM.

14-1 Wings

Brunner with an Ovechtrick.

Howard ruins his SO with a weak goal during the last minute of play.

Last edited:

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
It's these west coast road trips that make me so excited to move to the east.

You've got that right, brother.

I also can't abide by Eddie Olczhyuckwtf anymore. Dude was okay when he first started doing nationals, but his anti-Wings bias is getting ridiculous; even when he compliments the Wings, it's back-handed and usually stating how the other team failed instead of the Wings doing something good. I told my non-hockey girlfriend about it, and even she agrees after paying attention for a few minutes.

She also hates The Canoe as well: "Raaaaaaaaaaaawwwwgh, I haven't seen him make a play like that since he was with the Rough Riders coached by Harry Manback in '05-'06 where he score 50 goals and had over 9000 penalty minutesHNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGHMONSTERTHEWINDPUSHEDHIMOMGOMG*dies*"

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
It's these west coast road trips that make me so excited to move to the east.

Regardless of whether we were in the new Midwest or Central, these west coast trips are still part of our existence. We'll just be making one trip out to Canadaland and California, instead of two trips. This is why I think it's stupid just to move east and destroy 30 years of hockey tradition. We still have to deal with west coast trips. You might as well keep the traditional rivals.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

I also can't abide by Eddie Olczhyuckwtf anymore. Dude was okay when he first started doing nationals, but his anti-Wings bias is getting ridiculous; even when he compliments the Wings, it's back-handed and usually stating how the other team failed instead of the Wings doing something good. I told my non-hockey girlfriend about it, and even she agrees after paying attention for a few minutes.

One of my friends and I played a drinking game once where we drank every time Eddie said something bad about the Wings.

We were completely drunk by the end of the 2nd.

Dec 27, 2002
Dat mitten
Regardless of whether we were in the new Midwest or Central, these west coast trips are still part of our existence. We'll just be making one trip out to Canadaland and California, instead of two trips. This is why I think it's stupid just to move east and destroy 30 years of hockey tradition. We still have to deal with west coast trips. You might as well keep the traditional rivals.

But the bigger benefit is there won't be any trips to the west coast in the playoffs unless we make the finals, and then it's just a chance not a certainty.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Too many injures, not enough depth, depth prevails, therefore L.A wins

3-1

boooooo late games

This is so funny, because if a game starts at 10pm swedish time, it's very early game for us, everyone who got the channels are watching etc, but when it's 10pm eastern time everyone's like "omg too late, man"

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Have felt exactly same about Olczyk. Just hate him at Wings games. :cry:

Auzzie19

Mar 10, 2011
The North
Too many injures, not enough depth, depth prevails, therefore L.A wins

3-1

This is so funny, because if a game starts at 10pm swedish time, it's very early game for us, everyone who got the channels are watching etc, but when it's 10pm eastern time everyone's like "omg too late, man"

Who needs depth when you got this guy: :naughty:

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Oh great, 10pm AND on NBCSN.

Can Red Wings hockey viewing get any better? I submit that it can NOT.

Just wait until Honolulu gets their long-desired expansion team... hello, midnight puck drop!!

So how does your hockey gf feel about Eddie O? :naughty:

I don't think Olczyk is too bad. He loves the Hawks, no doubt, but I think he's more down-the-middle in his observations than Mickey would be if he had a national color commentating gig. I think any national color guy who has the same job for a specific team will come across as at least slightly pro-his local team. But rival fans of that team seem to listen for any perceived slight directed at their team during the broadcast... although far be it from me to suggest you've ever done this. ;)

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013

She also hates The Canoe as well: "Raaaaaaaaaaaawwwwgh, I haven't seen him make a play like that since he was with the Rough Riders coached by Harry Manback in '05-'06 where he score 50 goals and had over 9000 penalty minutesHNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGHMONSTERTHEWINDPUSHEDHIMOMGOMG*dies*"

I agree entirely about Eddie Olczek he's ridiculous during wings broadcasts and when they have Jeremy Roenick on there it's much of the same. It's unberrable watching them broadcast a Blackhawks game. They'd have to see doctors if the game lasted longer than 4 hours. Booorrrooorrrooorrring lol

Last edited:

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012

Preach it, brother! Any yank complaining about a 10 PM start can lick their wounds by remembering that at least it ain't 5 AM. Hmm. Wait... on second thought, 5 AM might actually be better than the regular 1/2 AM... early to bed, early to rise, it ends at 8 AM... Hey! That's a great time to start! Maybe I picked to wrong team to follow. :laugh:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Think the Sharks guys are actually calling the game tonight on NBCS.

I know this will shock some people, but they are probably worse than Eddie O.

I do think Eddie O shouldn't do Wings games and the really sad part is he has really dialed it back for National games and he is still kind of that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->