GDT: Game 20 | Detroit Red Wings @ Los Angeles Kings | 10:00 PM EST | FS-D, NBCSN, TSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Actually, I believe this game is a prime example of how you CAN control officiating. By paying the Refs a ****-ton of money to make sure everything was called their way, they sealed the victory, so don't tell me you can't control officiating.

With this game, I'm just about done watching professional hockey! Nightly, over the past decade, these referees and on occasion the linesmen have proven that they only seem to be making calls when the itch in their ass renders their brain capable of blowing the whistle or raising their arm. The randomness of interference calls are a joke. The boarding calls are becoming a freakin joke, and random decisions deciding if Icing should or shouldn't be called are simply out of control. These refs are missing 30 times more calls than they are calling, PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

I think it's safe to say that the refs in the NFL are better at doing their job than the typical NHL ref... And I freakin hate football!

You must not watch much NFL football brother.

jroc86

Jun 12, 2012
Terrible reffing ... that said, we are really missing our big bodies up front - Franzen was utterly terrible, gunshy of contact, slow, and off timing ... fair enough he just had a 12 game layoff. We really need the likes of Bert/Sammy/Franzen healthy and competing if our forward group has a chance to be successful against the big physical teams like LA downthe stretch. Otherwise Datsyuk and Z will get bulldogged all night and need to work miracles 1 on 1 to make plays. Ps. **** Brendan Smiths skating has looked bad this year

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I thought they were far better on forecheck than we did. I do not understand why we can't be better.

Why did Babcock change the lineup which won him 2 nice games?

Why does Babcock not see that Tatar should get some shifts with Datsyuk? If it clicks ...

We did not create good scoring chances, but we played well.

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
You can't control officiating.
You can control your lines. As long as Babcock has dumbass lines, he's hurting this team.

Babcock spent 2 weeks making this team lose with Lashoff on the top pairing. Now he's killing the team by flanking the game's most creative player with no-talent plugs.

You can control that. And if we had a Cleary Datsyuk Tatar line...

Or if we went Franzen Z Cleary and Abdelakder Datsyuk Brunner

Maybe we score that second goal before LA gets their goal

Or... Maybe we score before they do if we get a couple of PP's owed to us.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
This is the question I asked at the outset of the thread.

Why not leave in the Canucks lineup?

Which defenseman come out now? My guess is Kindl, because that's Babcock's kneejerk move.

But the worst defensemen on the ice tonight were Smith and Ericsson.

Ericsson had a bad game. To his defence it was Emmerton who tripped him on the GWG.

I would like to know what is the difference between the hit Abby got the penalty on and the hit on Cleary.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I thought they were far better on forecheck than we did. I do not understand why we can't be better.

Why did Babcock change the lineup which won him 2 nice games?

Why does Babcock not see that Tatar should get some shifts with Datsyuk? If it clicks ...

We did not create good scoring chances, but we played well.

Don't get this. I thought the D looked much better with the exception of Kronwall's brain fart and Big E's turnovers. Problem was the offense. One goal. And it was a flukey Quincey goal.

AdalWulf

Feb 28, 2013
Montreal
Babcock did what he had to against a LA team that's so big that they are pretty much giants to them. Players like datsyuk, zetter, brunner, cleary, ian white, ect. They are too small and I know we all don't want to see them injured like the rest of our team. We don't ahve the size to match the kings and taht was shown tonight. P.S Officials sucked ass.

RedWingsNow*

Ericsson had a bad game. To his defence it was Emmerton who tripped him on the GWG.

I would like to know what is the difference between the hit Abby got the penalty on and the hit on Cleary.

One was boarding from behind - clearly. Even if it was a weak hit.

And the other, clearly wasn't fully facing the boards when the hit started.

I thought the call on Abdelkader was weak though. Reminded me of the hit on White last game.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Babcock did what he had to against a LA team that's so big that they are pretty much giants to them. Players like datsyuk, zetter, brunner, cleary, ian white, ect. They are too small and I know we all don't want to see them injured like the rest of our team. We don't ahve the size to match the kings and taht was shown tonight. P.S Officials sucked ass.

:help:

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Don't get this. I thought the D looked much better with the exception of Kronwall's brain fart and Big E's turnovers. Problem was the offense. One goal. And it was a flukey Quincey goal.

I understand that, but why change something that worked real well?

And once again our special units lose us a game. We have yet to score a PP goal on the road. That is f... unbelievable.

AdalWulf

Feb 28, 2013
Montreal

And the other, clearly wasn't fully facing the boards when the hit started.

I thought the call on Abdelkader was weak though. Reminded me of the hit on White last game.

The hit abby made, the kings player turned and put his back to the hit.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Uh, we didn't get any fluke goals guys. When you're dominating possession and get robbed of chance after chance and finally something sneaks in the net that looks ugly, that's not a fluke, it's an inevitability. I just can't believe we didn't have 2 or 3 after the first half of the game.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010

It was from behind - clearly. The sketchy part is whether it was a hit. When Abby stops himself, sets a hand on the guy's back to let him know he's there, and then gives him a little nudge to press him against the boards, that's not a hit.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Gator's boarding penalty was a legit call. There was a lot to not like about the refs tonight, but that wasn't one of them.

RedWingsNow*

It was weak though. Gator hit him. But not hard. And the NHL does not have zero tolerance on hitting from behind. So I dispute the legitimacy of that call.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Why waas Datsyuk called on that 2nd penalty? He did not take his hand off of the stick, he pushed the puck as he was holding the stick. I am not sure about that call.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
We are tied with 4 other teams with only 2 wins on the road. Surprise? No.
We have played 8 games on the road and yet have to score a PP goal.
Quicky leads the team in +/- with +11 and is tied for the 5th in the league among Dmen in +/-.
Kindl is tied 2nd on the team in +/- with +9, tied with Datsyuk.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Why waas Datsyuk called on that 2nd penalty? He did not take his hand off of the stick, he pushed the puck as he was holding the stick. I am not sure about that call.

Cleary was called on that same play during our first game this year, I think. I had heard the talk up to that point about playing the puck with your hand off the face-off and I assumed, like you, that they were talking about taking your hand off the stick and playing it and I thought it sounded reasonable. When Cleary played it while still holding his stick (if you know what I mean) and got called for it.... well now I think that's BS.

RedWingsNow*

Thought the same thing.

Let me get this out of the way... it's a stupid rule. And whoever thought of it needs to go back to FIFA soccer.

But still...
1) he didn't take his hand off the stick
2) That makes it iffy.
3) Who the hell makes an iffy call for a 5-on-3?

I preferred the days when you had to murder someone to get a 5-on-3 advantage.

RedWingsNow*

We are tied with 4 other teams with only 2 wins on the road. Surprise? No.
We have played 8 games on the road and yet have to score a PP goal.
Quicky leads the team in +/- with +11 and is tied for the 5th in the league among Dmen in +/-.
Kindl is tied 2nd on the team in +/- with +9, tied with Datsyuk.

It's early in the season...but the SJ game is a big game. The Wings can't afford to blow this road trip. They need to start showing they can win tough games on the road.
Losing today was tough, because it's not going to be easy to win the second-half of a back-to-back, not only on the road, but on the west coast

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Cleary was called on that same play during our first game this year, I think. I had heard the talk up to that point about playing the puck with your hand off the face-off and I assumed, like you, that they were talking about taking your hand off the stick and playing it and I thought it sounded reasonable. When Cleary played it while still holding his stick (if you know what I mean) and got called for it.... well now I think that's BS.

I saw Dastyuk complaining about the call. Then I heard about the rule, which was new to me, then I saw the replay and I understood what Datsyuk meant. I am not sure that was the right call.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
It's early in the season...but the SJ game is a big game. The Wings can't afford to blow this road trip. They need to start showing they can win tough games on the road.
Losing today was tough, because it's not going to be easy to win the second-half of a back-to-back, not only on the road, but on the west coast

We have played tons home game and now we have to play road games. We were not good on the road last year, nor have we been good on the road this season so far.
Babcock has to figure out how to win road games.

I am really pissed off and disappointed Babcock doesn't see he has to give a shot with Tatar play on Dastyuk's wing. The big problem with the Abby-D-Cleary line is that those 2 do not know how to get open and then Datsyuk can't pass the puck to them. If Babcock thinks they are good on the boards, fine, but Datsyuk has to pass the puck to someone. It is too easy for opponents to key on on Dastsyk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad