Pre-Game Talk: GAME #20 - Canucks vs. Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Also...

Don't know why this hasn't occured to the coaching staff..

Why not role the lines that was successful before the return of Kesler? You know the lines that won us 6 straight games...

Why are we forcing Raymond in a position he is not comfartable with. Kesler's second injury seems to have caused extreme panic that were putting players every where on different lines....

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
A request to the mods, you know after every game instead of turning the GDT into the PGT, you should just make a separate PGT.

Saves effort and time to see where the PGT started. I don't want to skim through pages of the game, I want to go directly to the part where most of us scream "FIRE AV".

I second this. I'll even chip in for a new HD for disk space :sarcasm:

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Also...

Why not role the lines that was successful before the return of Kesler? You know the lines that won us 6 straight games...

Why are we forcing Raymond in a position he is not comfartable with. Kesler's second injury seems to have caused extreme panic that were putting players every where on different lines....

because AV does the opposite of what makes sense.

We've seen RAymond at center.. it doesnt work.. it does with Burrows.. short season..

1+1=2

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Also...

that would make way too much sense

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
To me it seems ridiculous to do it after Lapierre cost us 2 goals against in the Phoenix game. Seems like they're rewarding poor play more than pushing Schroeder to do better.

They're in a bind. It's the "safe" choice. Do you have faith in the guy who has played poorly, but you know you can hard match with anyone once he gets going? Or, do you believe more in the short rookie that hasn't been able to produce when given ample opportunity to do so?

I knew Schroeder's role was starting to come into question as soon as AV was asked about his production. It wasn't the typical "he's a rookie and we'll give him time" response. It was "you've been given opportunities and haven't stepped up, it's not good enough".

The patience with Schroeder won't be there. It's a tough spot to be in for him due to Kesler's injury, but you could see it coming a mile away.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
They're in a bind. It's the "safe" choice. Do you have faith in the guy who has played poorly, but you know you can hard match with anyone once he gets going? Or, do you believe more in the short rookie that hasn't been able to produce when given ample opportunity to do so?

I knew Schroeder's role was starting to come into question as soon as AV was asked about his production. It wasn't the typical "he's a rookie and we'll give him time" response. It was "you've been given opportunities and haven't stepped up, it's not good enough".

The patience with Schroeder won't be there. It's a tough spot to be in for him due to Kesler's injury, but you could see it coming a mile away.

That line has a 960 PDO right now. They were pretty much going through a spell of extremely bad luck, they were still the 2nd most effective line in generating chances and possession.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
That line has a 960 PDO right now. They were pretty much going through a spell of extremely bad luck, they were still the 2nd most effective line in generating chances and possession.

All of this is known. AV doesn't care.

The leeway with fans will be there because he's a rookie and has done well so far defensively. But sooner or later, he's going to have to figure out what he can improve in the offensive zone to become more dangerous. If he doesn't, the fans will eventually turn on him as well. It's just the way it works.

Remember, I was in a few threads already supporting that line. I wanted to see them stay together.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Not sure if I got the statistic right here, but team 1040 just said that Mason Raymond only has 1 even strength goal in 19 games while playing 16+ minutes a game?

Why am I not surprised?

Our main concern is to acquire some secondary scoring. This seems like a repeat of last year, and were just 1 Sedin away from calling it a season.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Not sure if I got the statistic right here, but team 1040 just said that Mason Raymond only has 1 even strength goal in 19 games while playing 16+ minutes a game?

Why am I not surprised?

Our main concern is to acquire some secondary scoring. This seems like a repeat of last year, and were just 1 Sedin away from calling it a season.

15 mins / game, but yes that is correct.

Not sure why that's a massive concern though as the Canucks have been one of the better 5 on 5 teams this season.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary

Does anyone else feel like Homer on jury duty every time there's an "advanced stats" response?

"that's interesting, do go on, just let me get my glasses..."

127.jpg

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
15 mins / game, but yes that is correct.

Not sure why that's a massive concern though as the Canucks have been one of the better 5 on 5 teams this season.

yeah but vancouver lacks finishers. most of the players are consisted of tweener 2nd liners 3rd liners. aside from the sedins. nobody can score and thats still a big issue. they need another legit top 6 maybe 2 to put the puck in the net. no gamebreaker.

Steve Bennett*

I'd like to see:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Booth - Burrows - Higgins
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Sestito - Lapierre - Weise

I echo this persons' lineup suggestion. I like that third line, not a big fan of Higgins on the second line but what are we gonna do about it. And I look forward to seeing Sestito in the lineup...

As for the d I haven't really seen any games in a few weeks so cannot really comment on Alberts other then what people here are saying. Has he really been that bad? I mean, considering he has been sitting since the season started, should he get a little concession? Or was he that bad and should Barker get a crack into the lineup?? I'm all for resting Bieksa in these type of not incredibly important games to let some guys get their legs going like Barker/Alberts...

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
A request to the mods, you know after every game instead of turning the GDT into the PGT, you should just make a separate PGT.

Saves effort and time to see where the PGT started. I don't want to skim through pages of the game, I want to go directly to the part where most of us scream "FIRE AV".

I third this.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I am guessing this is wrong, but malhotra is not playing is he?

Jason Botchford ‏@botchford
Canucks Lines sedins-burrows, Hansen-Raymond-Higgins, booth-lappy-Kassian, malhotra-Schroeder-weise

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I am guessing this is wrong, but malhotra is not playing is he?

Jason Botchford ‏@botchford
Canucks Lines sedins-burrows, Hansen-Raymond-Higgins, booth-lappy-Kassian, malhotra-Schroeder-weise

On IR but allowed to skate with the team.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
At some stage we need to do something to get Lappy going again too, we cant really demote him any more. As well AV could be giving Schroeder a promotion by way of more responsibility, asking him to carry the line, and the role of get the play moving out of our zone. Since AV dose not tend to look at the lines as best to worst like fans.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I do have interest in a Sestito–Lapierre–Kassian combo. Over the top obviously, but potentially hilarious.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I said all off-season we should try Raymond at C, so I'm glad it's finally happening. He played well there during his short stint in the playoffs a couple years back, and has the speed and defensive ability to do the job.

I've never been a Raymond fan, but I've always thought there was a place on the roster for him going forward if he could go back to playing center. I guess we'll get a bit of a look.

Outside99*

AV is focused on the Kings, they have 2 lines that are producing at ES so he's rolling the best 6 forwards he can Mano a Mano. I'm guessing the bench is going to get shorter in a hurry, the best 3 of the bottom 6 will become the 3rd line while the bottom 3 will become stapler fodder.

Fropitar

Jul 4, 2009
So.Cal
Clifford vs Sestito, anyone?

Cliffy has been choosing his battles carefully since his concussion last season.. More likely for Nolan to scrap.

I'm predicting a 'Nucks win tomorrow night. Although improving, Ellerby, Muzzin, & Drewiske get exposed easily. Scuderi is our only current shutdown dman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad