Pre-Game Talk: GAME #20 - Canucks vs. Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
Cliffy has been choosing his battles carefully since his concussion last season.. More likely for Nolan to scrap.

I'm predicting a 'Nucks win tomorrow night. Although improving, Ellerby, Muzzin, & Drewiske get exposed easily. Scuderi is our only current shutdown dman.

I've got Quick on my fantasy team so it's win-win either way :handclap:

Or is that lose-lose...:huh:

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Cliffy has been choosing his battles carefully since his concussion last season.. More likely for Nolan to scrap.

I'm predicting a 'Nucks win tomorrow night. Although improving, Ellerby, Muzzin, & Drewiske get exposed easily. Scuderi is our only current shutdown dman.

Lucky for you guys the Canucks are pretty much a one line team right now.

Make no mistake about it, the Canucks will try and grind out a low scoring game. I'd be surprised if either team reaches three goals.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Lucky for you guys the Canucks are pretty much a one line team right now.

Make no mistake about it, the Canucks will try and grind out a low scoring game. I'd be surprised if either team reaches three goals.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Kings scored 3.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
I have a good feeling about this game, I think it will be entertaining. Must...defeat...Sutter! Also I found out that the Nolan who plays for the Kings is apparently Ted Nolan's kid? That's neat.

BuggSuperstar

Nov 28, 2011
I noticed lots of lower bowl tickets are available on craigslist for face value or less....Are we finally seeing a decline in the canucks market because of the lock out????

Kershaw

Hi, this may sound weird, but do you know how Bieksa does this sick skating stride through the middle? I tried doing it twice today, but I got my bell rung both times. How does he do it???!?!? I'm so desperate to know. I'm looking at his save + goal rush vs. Colorado and his recent goal against the Stars last week. I sorta try to emulate my game like his and I'm pretty fast and bulky for my size.

Golden Boy

The Spy in Beantown
Mar 24, 2012
Currently Undercover
Hi, this may sound weird, but do you know how Bieksa does this sick skating stride through the middle? I tried doing it twice today, but I got my bell rung both times. How does he do it???!?!? I'm so desperate to know. I'm looking at his save + goal rush vs. Colorado and his recent goal against the Stars last week. I sorta try to emulate my game like his and I'm pretty fast and bulky for my size.

Just don't give a **** about anything and you'll be scoring just like Bieksa :sarcasm:

Play casually :sarcasm:

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
We're going against a team that has win 5 games straight. Do I like our chances... not really.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013

I think you are going at this all wrong, its not about the speed or bulk...

Its about the face, the face I tell you, Its all in the face,

Also try having some shots shots shots shots shots.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Just don't give a **** about anything and you'll be scoring just like Bieksa :sarcasm:

Play casually :sarcasm:

^ this.
Just block out the world. Don't give a **** about anything. Be casual as ****.

tumblr_lh3ztuPc8i1qd5kl9o1_500.gif

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013

Seriously though. Never really looked at that play much since then. He just gets it over half way, dumps it in, then as casual as possible, skates to the middle of the ice and dose a big circle, gets the puck and shots. Just soooooo little effort.

Also don't know if this helps but in that play the had the empty net, so extra attacker gives him space to roam all by himself.

Last edited:

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華

Enter the Casual Zone and everything will fall into place

You can't explain anything Special Kev does

Crows*

Grizzo the grizzly feels that this will be a loss. A frustrating one.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The return of Casual Kev?

Hell, anything will do at this point...maybe that Pineapple Express that hit the lower mainland will boost the teams morale :sarcasm:

Kershaw

Seriously though. Never really looked at that play much since then. He just gets it over half way, dumps it in, then as casual as possible, skates to the middle of the ice and dose a big circle, gets the puck and shots. Just soooooo little effort.

Also don't know if this helps but in that play the had the empty net, so extra attacker gives him space to roam all by himself.

Yeah it's probably the unavailable open ice that prevents me from doing that ****. Also, Bieksa picks his spots very well. :sarcasm:

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
In other words, you're saying he's a spot-picker. :sarcasm:

I have a good feeling about this game, I think it will be entertaining. Must...defeat...Sutter! Also I found out that the Nolan who plays for the Kings is apparently Ted Nolan's kid? That's neat.

Yep, that's his son. Thought it was pretty neat to see two kids of Native ancestry getting called up together last season and doing well.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
3 days off between games? For most teams, that would mean playing a good game because they are rested. In this case though, I worry that they will play sloppy. They need a win to get back on a roll here, and it all starts with them fixing their play in their own end.

3-2 (SO win) Vancouver

They will get a 2-0 lead, and then sit back and let LA get back into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad