GDT: Game 20: Canada Vs Czech Republic | 1PM EST 7PM CET | CAN 7 - 2 CZE

Rammstein816

Mar 16, 2009
Think Czech will be out of gas after that great showing against the US. Also expecting Canada back at full strength. 5-2 Canada.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Ok... I'm predicting 5-1 Canada.

Canada needs to score early like Russia did.

No more Czech injuries would be nice.

It would be hilarious if we played another 4-3 game but I don't see it today.

If I'm right it means US and Canada get top 2 spots on the big ice.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Strange that Canada is in 3rd but they can't finish there

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I made a joke on the Czech board before the tourney saying that the good news is that we have our full team available and the bad news is that this is the best possible team we have at the moment.lol

Now we're down our starting goalie, Top Centre, Top Winger and 2nd best Centre (who isn't of the same quality as the other 3 injuries but still our number 2 C).

If you asked me before the tourney I'd say we have 3 players that'd be good enough to play for the other Top 5 teams - Lauko, Jenik and Dostal. They're all gone.lol

Having said all that, even with those 3, I still wouldn't like our chances against Canada.

I've loved how the team has competed and taken every game to 4-3. Our Powerplay looked it's best against the US as well. The boys will clearly give it their all and that has been the big takeaway from this team for me. They could be a real pain in the ass in the quarters.

Speaking of which, if everything goes like I think - both North American's could end up in the Semi's on big ice.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I hope the guys continue from yesterday with a strong showing today.

Now that we've qualified for the QF the result doesn't matter so much, but I'd like to see a strong effort tonight as it'll be good practise for the QF.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Missing this one. I’ll predict 5-1 Canada.

Close game for 2 periods then Canada breaks away in the 3rd

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'm expecting a fairly tight game. Hope that Canada looks really good but I'm expecting a disjointed effort.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
It would be nice if Byfield decides to show up today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad