GDT: Game 20: Canada Vs Czech Republic | 1PM EST 7PM CET | CAN 7 - 2 CZE

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
20wjc20.jpg

Full Tournament Schedule: IIHF - Schedule and Results 2020 IIHF World Junior Championship
Game Info: Game Summary

full

Canada
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
Nico Daws (G)
Joel Hofer (G)
Oliver Rodrigue (G)

Defensemen:
Kevin Bahl (D)
Calen Addison (D)
Bowen Byram (D)
Jacob Bernard-Docker (D)
Jamie Dysdale (D)
Jared McIssac (D)
Ty Smith (D)

Forwards
Liam Foudy (F)
Joel Valeno (F)
Raphael Lavoie (F)
Alexis Lafreniere (F)
Akil Thomas (F)
Connor McMichael (F)
Ty Dellandrea (F)
Quinton Byfield (F)
Dawson Mercer (F)
Dylan Cozens (F)
Aidan Dudas (F)
Barrett Hayton (F)
Nolan Foote (F)

full

Czech Republic
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
Lukas Dostal (G)
Nick Malik (G)
Lukas Parik (G)

Defensemen:
KLIKORKA Karel (D)
KUCERIK Radek (D)
HAS Martin (D)
ZABRANSKY Libor (D)
DAJCAR Tomas (D)
KUBICEK Simon(D)

Forwards:
PEKAR Matej (F)
TEPLY Michal (F)
LAUKO Jakub (F)
JENIK Jan (F)
PAVEL Ondrej (F)
SIK Otakar (F)
BLUMEL Matej (F)
PYTLIK Jaromir (F)
CAJKA Petr (F)
RASKA Adam (F)
MYSAK Jan (F)
SIR Jan (F)

Do not ask for or provide links to illegal streams.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
we (CZE) can finish 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th in group after today ... today matches are awesome battles for everything :laugh::help::thumbu:

The group is so confusing I am not sure what to cheer for in any game :laugh: (for a positive outcome for us - CZE)

Edit - ah, I missed your post in the other GDT (GER-RUS). Thanks for that :thumbu:

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Poiquets

Oct 17, 2019
I believe that the Czech team is a bit worn out after yesterday’s match and banged up with injuries so a 3-4 goal margin for Canadians.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
This will be a huge blow out. Czechs are really beaten up right now.
The only way it could be a fairly close game is if the GER-RUS game puts czechs in a relegation spot.

Reactions: Czechboy

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
My prediction is.......... ”Piestany Punch-Up” style brawl that eliminates both teams from the tournament. I mean, really, can you rule that out at this point??? :laugh:
I can actually see a fight happening in the medal rounds, not a bench clearer but a single fight.

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
Wouldn't underestimate the Czech's. It will be interesting to see the crowd, Czechs are wild but the Canadians could outnumber them.

Prediction: 4-2 Canada (EN).

blindpass

May 7, 2010
I can actually see a fight happening in the medal rounds, not a bench clearer but a single fight.
It's pretty rare. Someone would need to lose their mind. Probably could only happen in a medal game with a lopsided score, where the suspension might not mean much to the player (e.g. a 19 year old). I don't see a player on Canada likely to fight.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
It's pretty rare. Someone would need to lose their mind. Probably could only happen in a medal game with a lopsided score, where the suspension might not mean much to the player (e.g. a 19 year old). I don't see a player on Canada likely to fight.
Tis the tournament of the unexpected.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Still plenty of time left but unless Germans score four unanswered, there'll be little urgency for us to play well here...

blindpass

May 7, 2010
Still plenty of time left but unless Germans score four unanswered, there'll be little urgency for us to play well here...
Regulation win gives Czechs second place, avoiding Sweden and Finland. Seems like plenty to play for.

Edit:. They'd get the loser of Finland/Switzerland instead of Sweden.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
If Czech wins in regulation
Sweden - Canada
USA - Slovakia
Russia - Finland
Czech - Switzerland

If Canada wins
Canada - Slovakia
USA - Switzerland
Russia - Finland
Czech - Sweden

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Regulation win gives Czechs second place, avoiding Sweden and Finland. Seems like plenty to play for.
I mean sure, but how likely that is against Canada with all the guys we have missing?
They needed the point against the US; now they just need to survive with as little injuries as possible since they've secured the quarterfinals spot.
Not saying they won't try, and if we get an early goal or two, things could get interesting... Guess we'll see how it goes, but they'll be less desperate than against the US (and playing without Jenik from the beginning).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad