Pre-Game Talk: Game 2

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Not a fan of those pairings but Clode some how makes things work like inserting the corpse of Wade Redden.

theswede2013

Feb 26, 2013
Ray Bourque..........

....Oh, sorry, 20 year time warp right there...... :nod:

Hamilton gets my vote.......

Ray could def play for one game! Suit'em up!!!

I do think that Dougie's age and experience play a factor here as to why he is not in the line up but I think he should get the call for one game and get his feet wet.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'd switch around Boychuk for McQuaid on the top pairing. McQuaid is physical but he doesn't dish out the booming hits like playoff Boychuk does. I want to see Boychuk matched up with JVR coming down his wing and play him physical.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I'd switch around Boychuk for McQuaid on the top pairing. McQuaid is physical but he doesn't dish out the booming hits like playoff Boychuk does. I want to see Boychuk matched up with JVR coming down his wing and play him physical.

Only problem putting back Boychuk | Chara...they both handle the pucks like grenades sometimes. I guess McQuaid makes the most sense as he's defense first.

Does anyone know if he's ever played over 20mins in a game before?

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
Only problem putting back Boychuk | Chara...they both handle the pucks like grenades sometimes. I guess McQuaid makes the most sense as he's defense first.

mar 1, 2012 he played 21:12
jan 22, 2012 he played 21:26
mar 31, 2011 he played 21:23
mar 15, 2011 he played 21:44
feb 26, 2011 he played 22:49

that's all i could find.

bruins seguin 19*

wade redden

guys wade redden is a thing of beauty he knows when to jump up and fire a shot. he has excellent anticipation skills. bruins just got another force on defence with chara and seids. redden for a 7th round pick can we call kiss chias feet? or should we put rose pedels on them?

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
guys wade redden is a thing of beauty he knows when to jump up and fire a shot. he has excellent anticipation skills. bruins just got another force on defence with chara and seids. redden for a 7th round pick can we call kiss chias feet? or should we put rose pedels on them?

We shall see, I am impressed with Redden, but it was only one game.
Nothing better than putting in a guy with his experience and Chias knowledge of him from past years into the bottom pairing.

On a side note, Redden played 1 playoff game so that 7th round pick becomes a 6th, oh no:laugh:

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com

Even if he doesn't score anymore, if you had told me in March that we would get quality time and two points out of Wade Redden come playoff time for a 7th rounder, I wouldn't have believed it.

I also prefer Boychuk with Chara instead of McQuaid. But it's one game, and Claude is going to switch up the pairings within game anyway. I'm sure Chara & Seids are skating together for some shifts on Saturday night.

I screwed myself for Saturday night; I bought playoff tickets for the Monarchs because I thought the B's game was Friday, and they are playing at 7 too. Kids love em; so I have to go; but I'd like to sit down and watch the B's instead!! Guess I'll have to just check the phone for updates!! I'm sure others will have them on in the boxes too.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Even if he doesn't score anymore, if you had told me in March that we would get quality time and two points out of Wade Redden come playoff time for a 7th rounder, I wouldn't have believed it.

I also prefer Boychuk with Chara instead of McQuaid. But it's one game, and Claude is going to switch up the pairings within game anyway. I'm sure Chara & Seids are skating together for some shifts on Saturday night.

I screwed myself for Saturday night; I bought playoff tickets for the Monarchs because I thought the B's game was Friday, and they are playing at 7 too. Kids love em; so I have to go; but I'd like to sit down and watch the B's instead!! Guess I'll have to just check the phone for updates!! I'm sure others will have them on in the boxes too.

I agree ... I think it'll be a carousel tomorrow night until Andy gets back. Z and Seids will get lots of double shifts.

Redden-Dougie gives me the cold sweats remembering Wideman-Hunwick :amazed:

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
I hope so. Chara just makes dumb decisions on the PP for whatever reason and he's way too slow moving the puck. Defenders are all over him like flies on ****

Agreed. The only "threat" Chara presents on the power play at this point is injuring a shot blocker. Let's hope it has something to do with the shortened season and not Chara losing offensive abilities.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Agreed. The only "threat" Chara presents on the power play at this point is injuring a shot blocker. Let's hope it has something to do with the shortened season and not Chara losing offensive abilities.

he's had some brilliant offensive flashes this year; so I don't think it's father time yet.

I'd love to see him off the powerplay though; that would be a big boost. Redden or Hamilton on that point would be so much better. OMG, did I just say that Redden would be a better choice than Chara on the point?? :laugh: Dogs & Cats living together!!!

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
Yup Phaneuf always hides behind his visor on the rare occasions that he does actually fight.

Phaneuf is a coward, Komisarek is just dumb.

Phaneuf is not a top 2 defenseman, he plays more minutes than Chara, and all it takes is one poke after the whistle to get him off his game. He will take many stupid penalties in this series, thanks to Marchand.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

I'd put McQuaid as our least capable defenseman with the puck on his stick.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
he's had some brilliant offensive flashes this year; so I don't think it's father time yet.

I'd love to see him off the powerplay though; that would be a big boost. Redden or Hamilton on that point would be so much better. OMG, did I just say that Redden would be a better choice than Chara on the point?? :laugh: Dogs & Cats living together!!!

He's had success when he uses his wrister or a snap shot.

Lately he's fallen back into using his windmill-windup slapper which takes longer to get off than my last girlfriend.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Hamilton-Redden is a bit scary, but Claude will play the matchup game well enough to hopefully not expose them.

So Pevs in Daugs out eh?

ronwm

Aug 4, 2010
(South of) Boston
Raptor Jesus is back!

<obligatory>

Raptor-Jesus.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad