Pre-Game Talk: Game 2

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Scar 11

Go Bruins Go
Mar 12, 2013
Ontario Canada
Funny

So I read the boards everyday and at the end of the season there was so many people saying how this team was crap this player and that player needs to go. That this team is going to loose this series to the leafs and we are going no place.
We are one game into the playoffs and had a great game now there are people already plaining the parade route. It just so funny how in 3 days some people went from hating every player on the team to loving them.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 8 min

Unlikely Carlyle shows his hand at prax today, but there have been discussions about playing Hamilton, Colborne and Frattin in gm 2...

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
easy to do its right down the street. ;)

I heard the same thing on sports radio this morning something to do with left side playing D-men vs. right side keeping Douggie upstairs.

That shooting side sounds like a poor excuse considering the coach has no problem with icing 3 lefties on a forward line. It has more to do with Dougie being a rookie with an offense-minded game.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
easy to do its right down the street. ;)

I heard the same thing on sports radio this morning something to do with left side playing D-men vs. right side keeping Douggie upstairs.

I really hope it's Dougie.

While I understand Bart coming in being another left handed dman...I just don't like the idea of giving Redden more minutes...especially if the game happens to go into overtime.

Chara Boychuk
Seidenberg Hamilton
Redden McQuaid.

Hope for the best!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Watch Phaneuf tomorrow- lock of playoffs he pulls something very cheap be it a spear or predatory hit. Guy is a turd but makes me nervous....Lucic should be assigned to target him clean and hard, harder, hardest and keep old Dion's mind on something else

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
By the sounds on this board the leafs are going to change there whole team.
Bring up the Marlies because the Leafs lost game 1.
I really don't think Randy is that silly....
Minor changes will be made, he knows what he's doing.
If he dosent, Even better.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Watch Phaneuf tomorrow- lock of playoffs he pulls something very cheap be it a spear or predatory hit. Guy is a turd but makes me nervous....Lucic should be assigned to target him clean and hard, harder, hardest and keep old Dion's mind on something else

Horton has a real hate for this guy. He could do the job as well.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont

While it seems like a lot of changes, it's mostly to the 4th line.

At practice yesterday they put back the Kulemin | Kadri | Lupul line to give them another stronger line. The huge benefit for us is Kadri sucks on the draws...

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
the boys looked good the other night but a loss on sat night and it's all for naught. Leafs had no pressure on them since game 1 for the road team is a throwaway game. Lets see how they respond in game 2.

Crowd has to step it up and not wait until the last half of the 3rd to get on Kessel. I don't want him to just pull a disappearing act, i want him to start coughing up the puck in his own end and be an actual liability, which I know he can be. :handclap:

Bad Hat Harry

Michael Scarn
Sep 27, 2010
Boston, MA
While it seems like a lot of changes, it's mostly to the 4th line.

At practice yesterday they put back the Kulemin | Kadri | Lupul line to give them another stronger line. The huge benefit for us is Kadri sucks on the draws...

Do you know what their D lines are going to be or who will dress in place of Mike "Norris Trophy" Kostka?

I heard someone say Gardiner but I think O'Byrne would be the smarter choice if they want physicality

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Do you know what their D lines are going to be or who will dress in place of Mike "Norris Trophy" Kostka?

I heard someone say Gardiner but I think O'Byrne would be the smarter choice if they want physicality

physicality isn`t their issue, inability to turn/retrieve and distribute is, and no way is OB quicker at doing that than Gardiner but he has more experience that JG for whatever that is worth and I get the feeling that Carlyle isn`t nearly as impressed/comfortable with Gardiner`s game as other`s seem to be.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Question is, can he afford to have either McLaren or Orr playing?? Both showed, when it comes to being capable playoff hockey NHL`ers........their games are irrelevant. Their act may intimidate a Habs/Islanders type team but not this Bruins team, too experienced

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont

It all depends whether or not Franson is playing.

Carlyle is similar to Julien where he wants both dmen to play on their strong side with the exception of that top pairing.

If both Fraser | Liles are playing, I dont see Gardiner drawing into the lineup. While the Leafs struggled moving the puck out of the zone, Carlyle is NOT comfortable playing Gardiner in key situations...especially on the road where he could be matched up against the LKH line.

I expect to see similar lines to their regular season.

Phanuef | Gunner
Liles | O'Bryne
Fraser | Franson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad