Pre-Game Talk: Game 2

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think Dougie is the next guy on the depth chart.

I am not sure how they sort it out in the end but my guess is Claude splits Chara and Seids to shelter Dougie and even out the handed was.

This gives Julien the ability to shorten the be ch some if he wants the Chara/Seids pairing but still use Dougie for PP if they draw any.

I hope they don't just slot in Johnson. I think Redden is playing well because he is on the third pair. Not sure Redden or Johnson can play effectively on the 2nd pairing.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Yeah, can someone explain to me why the game's not being played today, but rather tomorrow? I know there was a two day gap between games four and five (I think it was those two, right?) last year, but what's changed this year? Anybody know if it's going to be two days apart like this for the rest of the series?

takanoyama

Apr 4, 2013
Yeah, can someone explain to me why the game's not being played today, but rather tomorrow? I know there was a two day gap between games four and five (I think it was those two, right?) last year, but what's changed this year? Anybody know if it's going to be two days apart like this for the rest of the series?

because Celtics?

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Kinda sad, I didn't even think about that...

Either way, I just hope Dougie gets a chance in the line up tomorrow. He probably won't, though.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
I cant wait...
Lucic Horton and Krejci line showed that their back. Anxious to se if they can keep it up!!!

Definetly wanna se Söderberg in for Dogman though

Does Soderberg shoot a "spitball?" Toronto is ascared of Boston athlete's who are cheating.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH

Pretty sure the Celtics are playing tonight at the Garden.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

When the Boston/Ottawa game was postponed and re-scheduled for last Sunday (League had no other choice) they promised the Bruins and Sens that they would not have to play until Thursday. (Guess they were hoping for a Boston/Ottawa first round) Then arena availability on a regular schedule nixed that idea so the Bruins were moved to Wednesday and given an extra day off in between games.

That coupled with CBC owning the rights to both the Leafs and Habs series in Canada. Both could very well set record numbers in viewership and on opposite nights. There is no way in hell they are going to play on the same night and compete with themselves.

As Wally says : Its always about the money.

TV advertisement fees are reaching new records for a first round series :laugh::laugh:

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
ok, let's use the pregame thread to continue discussion.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
When the Boston/Ottawa game was postponed and re-scheduled for last Sunday (League had no other choice) they promised the Bruins and Sens that they would not have to play until Thursday. (Guess they were hoping for a Boston/Ottawa first round) Then arena availability on a regular schedule nixed that idea so the Bruins were moved to Wednesday and given an extra day off in between games.

That coupled with CBC owning the rights to both the Leafs and Habs series in Canada. Both could very well set record numbers in viewership and on opposite nights. There is no way in hell they are going to play on the same night and compete with themselves.

As Wally says : Its always about the money.

TV advertisement fees are reaching new records for a first round series :laugh::laugh:

I think the broadcasting was huge when it came to not having the Bruins start on Thursday-no way was CBC going to have its three EC team in the finals and playing their opening game at the same time (not sure of TD Garden availability last night but in almost think two days/game/two days is better than the Sens 3 days/game/game.

I figure the Leafs will make adjustments in their line up-I just can't see them dressing the multiple pylons for the next game when speed is generally what kills the Bruins.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think the broadcasting was huge when it came to not having the Bruins start on Thursday-no way was CBC going to have its three EC team in the finals and playing their opening game at the same time (not sure of TD Garden availability last night but in almost think two days/game/two days is better than the Sens 3 days/game/game.

I figure the Leafs will make adjustments in their line up-I just can't see them dressing the multiple pylons for the next game when speed is generally what kills the Bruins.

They can`t afford to dress those "pilons" and I am of the belief it will pose a huge issue for them. Their identity under Carlyle is that tougher to play against mantra, well, as hockey players, Orr/McLaren shouldn`t be playing NHL minutes, they bring one thing, toughness, problem is, while grit and toughness is valuable in the playoffs, you also have to be a player who can skate/take/give a pass, and neither of them is capable of doing so at the ramped up tempo of playoff hockey

So what does Carlyle do?? Abandon his toughness game in favor of a more skilled lineup?? Looks like he`ll have to for if he gives both or even one of those guys another night where they see 8 mins of ice (which doesn`t sound like much but it`s about 6 too many for them) the Bruins will be the benefactor.

I don`t care about how the Leafs react, if the Bruins play the way they are capable, they will be fine. All the B`s are saying the right things, let`s hope we see that same execution tomorrow night, Leafs won`t be as bad I don`t expect, but the B`s should still be able to inflict their game plan on them

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm going to miss this game because I have to go to a surprise birthday party for a person I barely know. :rant: At least it's not a wedding like I thought it was. :)

Haha, I hear ya, working tomorrow night myself, and I work in one of those rare restaurants which does NOT have a TV, thankfully, the cell phone and a stream are easily set up:D

The guests may wait a bit for their drinks/food but it`s playoff time!!

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
was hoping for a game tonight and sunday night to get two in for the weekend but I guess I will just have to settle for a Sat night game.

Need to stop at the Packie on the way home.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I'm guessing Dougie plays.

1. The game is at home so Julien can match lines
2. If we get a major injury in the playoffs to one of our defense he'll be next in line for big minutes. Might as well give him some experience from now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad