Post-Game Talk: Game 2: USA Caps vs. Canada Syrup Foliage

Status
Not open for further replies.

bags92

Jan 2, 2010
Rochester, New York
Did some of you think we were gonna go 16-0 playing A+ hockey every game? Yes we're not playing great but it's one loss. It's not time to hit the panic button... yet

Tweedsuitcase

Sep 28, 2009
Well IF we get out of this round, we should be somewhat prepared for the penguins gameplan (only executed with better/more experienced players)

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
They couldn't score on a 5-D team that features Connor Carrick and Marincin getting heavy minutes.

You know, it'd be one thing if Ovechkin was aging and slow and just couldn't contribute at even strength, but he looks apathetic.

He looks heavy and out of shape....he looked like this in 2013

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Serious question: . How can we expect all 19 other players to consistently display a playoff level of intensity in their effort, if the Captain of the team consistently gives a complete mush effort like that for two games in a row?

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Ok but I fail to see what that has to do with what I commented on. The idiocy that is wanting to fire a coach during the playoffs.

Of course it's a laughable notion. But an astute GMBM should have recognized the signs much earlier in the season. Advanced stats supported what the naked eye could see.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
I'm very disappointed to see the Leafs win. I expected better from the Caps. After the early exit last year this series shouldn't even be close, coach Babcock or not. There comes a time when a team needs to mature, and step up to the next level. That hasn't happened in game 1 and 2.

I can almost guarantee that this series is going to run longer than the Penguins / Blue Jackets series. This means the Penguins will have a rest advantage. The Penguins also are managing to dominate their opponent, while the Caps are struggling to keep their heads above water.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if the Leafs were playing the Blue Jackets in the first round. Would the Blue Jackets be having this much trouble with the Leafs?

If the Caps get eliminated from the playoffs at anytime this season, Barry Trotz needs to be fired as quickly as Bruce Boudreau was from Anaheim last year.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
WTF is this honestly.

Let's flash back to the earlier game in April vs the Leafs.

4-1 Caps

Complete and Utter Domination. Where the **** is that team? Why everytime the playoff happens it is low scoring, 1000000000 "close calls" but no crucial goals???

Why Ovechkin don't finish that breakaway. Or Connely get that empty net? Or Kuznetsov finish that breakaway?

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Nowhere as bad as the 4th line tonight.

Rough night for 4th line, for sure.

Hard-fought game, bummer result.

Both goalies were good, but Andersen was better.

On the positive side, our PP was effective, and our first line is scoring again.

Oshie and Orlov look good to me lately. It does annoy me we can't figure out a way to dress schmidt. His speed really does help us through neutral zone, and he boosts the offense. To me, he is one case where the advanced stats and the eyeball test agree, his presence helps the team.

It
Sucks we are coin flip team, but the good news is, if we can advance to round 2, there's a good chance the games against Pitt are just as tight. And maybe this is the year, the final flip lands our way.

Onward & upward.

Hope springs eternal.

Maybe the Pens will lose tomoro.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I don't dare go on the main boards but I can only imagine how big the Leafs fans heads are getting. Probably looks something like this:

258qmtx.jpg

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Did some of you think we were gonna go 16-0 playing A+ hockey every game? Yes we're not playing great but it's one loss. It's not time to hit the panic button... yet

I mean this is a WC2 team that backed into the playoffs vs. the president trophy winner who's been a juggernaut almost all season.

It's not so much that they lost but that they're neck and neck as the league-wide 1 seed with a 8 seed. They've also have history of failure so this "just calm down, it'll be fine" is fairly ridiculous.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
I don't dare go on the main boards but I can only imagine how big the Leafs fans heads are getting. Probably looks something like this:

258qmtx.jpg

They just took the #1 seed to overtime twice, could easily be 2-0 them

illpucks

May 26, 2011
I'm not making an excuse. No one's game just goes off a cliff like that, especially for a generational talent.

The real question is how the **** did Marner corner him on that breakaway when he has a few steps, and the best acceleration (other than 97) in the league???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad