Post-Game Talk: Game 2: USA Caps vs. Canada Syrup Foliage

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
BMac adding Eller for "bottom six depth" has not panned out. He's awful.

The guy had one point in March.... and that was a empty netter.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
BMac adding Eller for "bottom six depth" has not panned out. He's awful.

The guy had one point in March.... and that was a empty netter.

Eller has been very good for much of the season. When everyone slumps consistently at the same time every season, there's one place to look.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Oh, they could lose this in 6 or 7. :laugh:

If they get to Pittsburgh, I expect 5 games at most.

This Capitals team is stacked and has been outplayed by an inexperience team with a legitimately ****** defense.

lol. They were down to 5 Dmen with Polak out. And they still couldn't take advantage of the situation. Its seriously one of the dumbest DC area teams I've ever seen.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Well. Seems fair to be 1-1 after such performance. Next.

Yep.

It was a fun game to watch, despite the outcome.

In terms of how the Caps looked -- typical Trotz coin flip hockey. The current system and depth keeps them in games, but they'll need some great individual performances to get separation from teams. So far they're not quite getting that, hence the coin flips.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Honestly Ovie has been beyond terrible so...

He has not been that bad. I think he needs to be force fed minutes. He's not a guy who can be used as a weapon in spots, he needs to get his engine rolling to be effective.

Also why the hell aren't we hitting? This has to be one of the softest Caps teams in a long time.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
lol. They were down to 5 Dmen with Polak out. And they still couldn't take advantage of the situation. Its seriously one of the dumbest DC area teams I've ever seen.

They couldn't score on a 5-D team that features Connor Carrick and Marincin getting heavy minutes.

You know, it'd be one thing if Ovechkin was aging and slow and just couldn't contribute at even strength, but he looks apathetic.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
This team is on a new level of choke if they lose this series. Epic.

Nope. Same level in as getting 121 points and losing to #8 seed.

Get a proper playoff coach. Trotz sucks. Guess what? The higher seeded Wild are also down 2-0. Another Bad Playoff Coach.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
One positive is the Caps haven't been outscored 0-6 in two home playoff games like CHI has. If it was the Caps a number of people on here would be performing Seppuku.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
They couldn't score on a 5-D team that features Connor Carrick and Marincin getting heavy minutes.

You know, it'd be one thing if Ovechkin was aging and slow and just couldn't contribute at even strength, but he looks apathetic.

The entire team looks apathetic. And my guess is because the coach breaches "business as usual". Except, in our case, business as usual means losing in the playoffs.

Good thing I expected this though. I'm not pissed, or frustrated or angry. This is status quo for this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad