GDT: Game #2: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Detroit Red Wings | Babcock's Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Funny how the Leafs were always 'The worst team ever', in so many years they didn't get a top 10 draft pick. Now this is what it takes! This is how you get those star players on your team.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
The Detroit broadcast is fawning over Larkin. I can't blame them but they have quite literally been talking about him for 5 minutes straight.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
The Detroit broadcast is fawning over Larkin. I can't blame them but they have quite literally been talking about him for 5 minutes straight.

Well, it's not like the Leafs have given them much to talk about! ;)

MapleLeaf

Sep 29, 2015
Funny how the Leafs were always 'The worst team ever', in so many years they didn't get a top 10 draft pick. Now this is what it takes! This is how you get those star players on your team.

The only thing that concerns me....they finish last in the entire league and are rewarded by picking 4th.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It's understandable that the Red Wings broadcast would be talking about Larkin. Why wouldn't they?

Rogers is supposed to be the National Broadcaster, and should be neutral based. That's why they took Joe Bowen off of TV.

Yet, they are going to fawn, and be biased towards every team playing us?

It's bullocks.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Really... because it's seemed like Detroit has dominated possession.

They've buried their scoring chances but there really hasnt been a ton of shots compared to the average game. Real tight checking.

The Hunwick/Phaneuf pairing has been brutal.

Harrington/Gardiner our best pair for the second straight game. Gotta find Rielly a better partner though.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
No it was not as bad and the teams players actually cared and fought and generally wanted to half kill someone when they wete losing. These guys are the purest form of losers and gutless. So thats the truth.

Can you blame them? I don't think any of the teams from the 80s were led by money hungry slugs who fooled an incompetent GM into giving them a freebie retirement contract. Dion should be self terminating his contract for fear of legal action at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad